LegacyGT.com

GOTO:Racing's new race car for 2006: The Legacy GT

GOTORacing

Nice House.

You guys are running the stock brake calipers?

as per the rules, yes.. but they are running the 2-piece rotors I believe.

Locks: cant wait to meet you guys in person.. will you be bringing the WRX to VIR as well?

Keefe

Keefe

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.nappyhead.co.uk/acatalog/bib_drool.gif

haha sorry had to man.. color me a prick.. but damn man get off their nuts a bit...

They are trying to win races not have a mangroupie drooling on them and their hard fought for cars...

Im sure they will make time for all the locals and fans, just make sure to not crowd them and steal their mojo... I know how hard they work for their races, and the ability to go to them (had a long discusion with sr. about that last year at rim). Maybe its that i am cranky or something but holy hell man just chill already... Oh and stop acting like your a god damn racing god already shit is irritating... Just race and have fun.. stop acting and start wrenching..

as per the rules, yes.. but they are running the 2-piece rotors I believe.

Locks: cant wait to meet you guys in person.. will you be bringing the WRX to VIR as well?

Keefe

Thanks for clearing that up Keefe. We are going to be running Racing Brake 4 piston calipers over our Racing Brake 2 piece rotors for USTCC. We will also be loosing the Stoptech's on our WRX and adopting an all Racing Brake setup. However, for Grand Am Cup, we have to run stock brakes as Keefe said.

We are always looking forward to meeting Subaru enthusiasts. And keep the support coming, it really keeps us motivated when we know that all of our long nights in the Garage are not wasted. The fan support for the Legacy has been outstanding so far, and it is much appriciated!

Hopefully we will have some pics of the car on track on Monday. Until then, keep your fingers crossed.

http://www.nappyhead.co.uk/acatalog/bib_drool.gif

haha sorry had to man.. color me a prick.. but damn man get off their nuts a bit...

They are trying to win races not have a mangroupie drooling on them and their hard fought for cars...

Im sure they will make time for all the locals and fans, just make sure to not crowd them and steal their mojo... I know how hard they work for their races, and the ability to go to them (had a long discusion with sr. about that last year at rim). Maybe its that i am cranky or something but holy hell man just chill already... Oh and stop acting like your a god damn racing god already shit is irritating... Just race and have fun.. stop acting and start wrenching..

there's just something about racing on a track and sharing war stories with fellow drivers piloting similar cars at the same race track that just gives you goosebumps.. it's just a cool thing to share and see..

Dre, you know better than to lash like that, I think you're just cranky :p

Keefe

there's just something about racing on a track and sharing war stories with fellow drivers piloting similar cars at the same race track that just gives you goosebumps.. it's just a cool thing to share and see..

Dre, you know better than to lash like that, I think you're just cranky :p

Yeah i shouldnt be posting at 2am haha

anyways the goto racing guys are kick ass, had fun hanging out with them at rim, and if they have the mighty flying wanka on their team you know they are cool.. haha

hmmm.. EYE LIKE IT!

is rota one of your sponsors? somebody told me they thougth rota was a cheap knockoff company, but I still like their designs and had looked at getting some, I may still do it but thats on hold for a whlie, it went in the "firvalous expenses" bin with vacations, ECU retunes, videogames movies etc. until I get some more dough.. cos taxes are comin up.

I like how you did the fuel cel, very neat, no interior shots? I'd be interested to see some more pics of that rollcage

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

FYI Chris, you have to make the wanka (the brit) come out to VIR, tell him he can stay at my mad dope pad...

He told me about your car and how bad ass it was but good lord mans low it down some.. dont want everyone knowing about the legacy

dre

the brit is going to come to all events this year. We are glad to have him :).

As far as lowering the car, it may go a little lower, but we have found with our WRX that we are somewhat limited by the MacPherson struts in how low we can make the cars and still have an acceptable camber curve. The WRX was always faster just an inch and a hair below stock, and we are confident the legacy will be a similar. But we may find we can lower it a little. this car is heavier so we are starting out with alot more roll resistance than the WRX has. Stiffer springs and some custom bars Hotchkis made up for us. But we won't really know what we have to work work until we get our first tire temps.

Chris Lock

the brit is going to come to all events this year. We are glad to have him :).

As far as lowering the car, it may go a little lower, but we have found with our WRX that we are somewhat limited by the MacPherson struts in how low we can make the cars and still have an acceptable camber curve.

Chris Lock

Nobody ever listens to me... :D

My friend says that he thinks my car will be faster if I slam it. I told him that the front camber curve will go to shit if I do. He thinks im nuts. My car is lowered to almost exactly the same height as yours.

The rear suspension is a diffrent story though. The camber curves are quite nice under compression and lowering. Its a nice unequal length multilink system. Lowering the rear by an inch resulted in a little less than 1 degree change in negative camber. Its pretty linear. Under compression say mid turn compression you should see some nice camber changes.

It might let you guys tune the rear suspension closer to the limit and still remain predictable.

Have you guys modeled the exact lever ratio of the rear suspension. This is somthing that nobody knows and I want to get an absolute value on. Just wondering if you or DMS know. Could CAD model it but Im lazy...

Nobody ever listens to me... :D

My friend says that he thinks my car will be faster if I slam it. I told him that the front camber curve will go to shit if I do. He thinks im nuts. My car is lowered to almost exactly the same height as yours.

correct, some people dont know the difference of how McPherson strut setups are like vs double wishbone suspension not to mention the massive amount of caster you can get out of the car which can add more dynamic camber.

Currently my car is rake with the front higher than the rear to gain as much negative camber as I can out of the rear just out of a natural drop. I am not sure if GOTO Racing is able to use a set of adjustable rear lateral links to change the rear camber per the rules, but for autocrossing for the class I run in is a legal mod (as there are a few companies in japan that do offer those links similar to Cusco's STi rear adjustable links that can change toe and camber).

I will be looking forward to getting a set of the Kansai Racing Service versions (since I havent seen Cusco made a set for the GT yet). Chris, are you allowed to get such adjustable lateral links for the car? I haven't gotten the GrandAm rules memorized or anything like that but if you are looking for such parts, I am sure that it's already been made in Japan, just need to get a name and a part number for it.

Keefe

I would LOVE to get my hands on some lower lateral links. Either a shorter upper one or a longer lower one. Changing those will not only allow more agressive static negative camber it will also make the rate of camber change much more agressive.

The lower one should be pretty easy to fabricate All you need is an I bar with a turnbuckle in it.

I would LOVE to get my hands on some lower lateral links. Either a shorter upper one or a longer lower one. Changing those will not only allow more agressive static negative camber it will also make the rate of camber change much more agressive.

The lower one should be pretty easy to fabricate All you need is an I bar with a turnbuckle in it.

the aftermarket ones are also aluminum :)

Keefe

OK its official. The car ran well on the Dyno today and we WILL be running the car for the first time this weekend at Infineon. I am signed up for HPDE group 4 all weekend so come and check out the new car (if you are local).

Any one that has a Suby and is signed up for this event should paddock next to us. Its always fun to hang out with other Suby enthusiasts, and check out there cars. We will be there late Friday night through Sunday.

Just got done with the final work done on the car for the weekend, programing the ADL2, putting in the passenger seat for rides, cleaning up the inside, etc. We will have the camera snapping shots all weekend plus in car video. We will have it up early next week for everybody to see.

See you at Infineon!

Car ran great this weekend! Minor Gremlins popped up and were dealt with, so it was very a productive two days in the wine country at Infineon. I have a few pics getting developed right now, but here is a great shot by Josh Korbin of the car coming up the Turn 1 & Turn 2 hill.

http://www.gotoracing.com/images/IMG_2429%20(1).JPG

did you guys route a brake duct kit from the foglight openings and used an adaptable brake duct dust shield with your brake setup? Just curious.

We have 2.5" high temp ducting going in at the lights. Right now the dust sheilds are off and the ducting is just aimed at the center of the rotor, but we are in development of a custom carbon weave rotor shroud that will replace the stock dust shield. Everything else on this car is so stock, we needed to add a little bling :).

Chris Lock

Archived