LegacyGT.com

GOTO:Racing's new race car for 2006: The Legacy GT

GOTORacing

Gut it!! Gut it!! Gut it!! Gut it!! Gut it!! Gut it!! Gut it!! Gut it!! Gut it!! Gut it!! Gut it!! Gut it!! Gut it!! Gut it!! Gut it!! Gut it!! Gut it!! Gut it!! Gut it!! Gut it!! Gut it!! Gut it!! Gut it!! Gut it!! Gut it!! Gut it!! Gut it!!

It's been done. Brian, did you weigh the car as-is from those pics yet? I would like to know the numbers.. I can't tell if you just bought the normal GT or the limited (I assume the regular GT).

Keefe

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know eventually you'll feel that you will not get enough tire on the ground (since those STis can cram in 285s without a problem), so I can only see you guys doing some fabrications to the body to fit the same size tires.. make those STi's run for the money first, worry about the rest of the world later ;)

Well lucky for us the car will not be running in a class against the STi. It is built to Grand Am Cup ST specs. You can find info on grand am classing at their website www.grandamerican.com. But a short list of cars that we will be competing against is; Chevy Cobalt SS, Mazda RX-8, Acura RSX, BMW 330/328, Dodge SRT-4 etc. Basically small displacement cars. We are also mandated a spec tire size that is very reasonable, so we don't have to worry about clearance so much. More info to come soon...

it's going to be fun against the RX8s... the 330ci isn't going to be too much of an issue, they will be on you, but I am sure you can go faster into the turns and rely on the LSDs to do the work (I know you are familar with that AWD fun of a very hot lap or two).. can't wait to see the car in action.

Let me know when you plan on venturing down to VIR, Watkins Glen and whatever races you plan on running in the east coast (I'll try to keep a calendar on those days of competition).. I would definitely would like to see the car in action live from pit-lane.

Keefe

wow, competition for ST looks tough:

Acura Integra Type R

Acura RSX Type S

Acura TSX

Audi A4

BMW E46 328

BMW E46 330

BMW Z3

BMW Z4

Chevy Cobalt SS

Dodge SRT-4 (limited to 15 psi, haha)

Honda Accord V6 (MY 2005)

Lexus IS300

Mazda 6

Mazda RX8 (RPM Limit TBD, hahahaha)

Mazda Speed Protoge

Mini Cooper S

Nissan Sentra SpecV

Porsche Boxster (MY 2000, 996 front brakes and calipers allowed?! "HAND OF GOD BRAKES"?!?! Definitely not a fair braking stand point)

Looks like the average limited tire size is a 225/45/17 (and of course, the "not-fair" RWD would get some 245/40/17)

That's going to be some fun racing.

Keefe

Let me know when you plan on venturing down to VIR, Watkins Glen and whatever races you plan on running in the east coast (I'll try to keep a calendar on those days of competition).. I would definitely would like to see the car in action live from pit-lane.

Our schedule is up in the air right now, and totally funding based, but of the two VIR events on the GrandAm schedule, we would like to attend at least one. Our preference is the 12 Hour at the end of the year, because we love endrance racing, and we are more likely to have free funds later in the year. Other than that our only East-Coast trip looks to be daytona. That isn't funds based though, that is purely a time issue. Wish us luck.

sweet - you guys are only about 30 minutes from me! I'm going to have to go check that out.

We will be at the shop for another week. Then the car goes down to Scotts Valley for the rest of the bolt on work. Let us know if you are going to come by.

Yes, I haven't gotten around to organizing it all with pics and stuff yet, but practically everything stock on the car is for sale. Springs, shocks, all the interior (except dash), wheels and tires, spare tire lol. You name it, its for sale.

Yeah. I'd love those wheels for my lowly 2.5i. Would be nice, and then I could mount winter tires on my old wheels.

Good Luck! :icon_bigg

Hey, do you ever come to Seattle (SIR) or Portland (PIR)? I'd love to see you guys compete!

tom

It depend on the schedule that we run but maybe. Grand Am's closest stop will probably be Miller Motorsports Park, USTCC might race at Portland though (nothing is confirmed).

We are running a day behind schedule, but I should have new pics tomarrow evening of the complete cage and the inside painted.

We are also close to finalizing sponsor support for the build of the car. We will post a press release with details of the build as well as who contributed soon.

We just received the homologation from Grand-Am today, and it has been added to their rules on the website. Here they are:

Subaru Legacy

Wagon/Sedan

2005 (2.5)

Final Drive: 4.11:1

Fuel Capacity: 17.0

Weight: 3050

Notes: Tire size 225/45/17. Must run stock exhaust with muffler, stock air box with stock air filter, stock boost and stock RPM Unit.

Interior fab is now totally finished and primer on. Paint goes on tommorow morning and we will have some more pics for you guys tommorow night.

A few more pics to hold you guys over. All the magor fab work has been completed, the interior painted Subaru 33A, and some work was done on interior detail pieces. We really liked the look of the stock dash, so in keeping with the spirit of Grand-Am Cup "stockness", we decided to leave it and the center console in and integrate our switch panels into them. Of course, we had to use carbon fiber... Also added some spring retainers to the trunk, per the GA rules.

This week: exterior paint, other detail work.

Next week: fuel cell, suspension, all other bolt ons.

http://www.gotoracing.com/images/legacysmall/100_0646_disp512.jpg

http://www.gotoracing.com/images/legacysmall/100_0647_disp512.jpg

http://www.gotoracing.com/images/legacysmall/100_0648_disp512.jpg

Archived