LegacyGT.com

GOTO:Racing's new race car for 2006: The Legacy GT

GOTORacing

yea, dont get me wrong I'm not tryin to be a troll, I just can't imagine the 1st couple pics on the thread.. that being done to my car.. I'd die, even if it was going to be put back together or improved, theres just so many parts in there (I'm sure you know that way better than me too lol) it just seems like a giant puzzle.

but.. ya gotta break eggs to make mayonaise.. and personally mayo is better than just an egg :p

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yea, dont get me wrong I'm not tryin to be a troll, I just can't imagine the 1st couple pics on the thread.. that being done to my car.. I'd die, even if it was going to be put back together or improved, theres just so many parts in there (I'm sure you know that way better than me too lol) it just seems like a giant puzzle.

but.. ya gotta break eggs to make mayonaise.. and personally mayo is better than just an egg :p

it's not hard if you organize everything..

I gutted out like 70% of my WRX at one point (left the engine, tranny and some of the bulkhead in place).. it's not that bad at all to prep up a race car...

you should see pics of the WRC WRX car.. I drool over their rollcage:

http://www.rally.subaru.com/rally/images/building/b26.jpg

http://www.rally.subaru.com/rally/images/b28.jpg

More here

http://www.rally.subaru.com/rally/servlet/CarBuildingDetail

Keefe

Mutilate? Mutilate? I like the word "transform". Cars are happiest when driven. I gaurantee you our car is sceaming "yes! YES! No commuting for me!" :)

It's an extreme makeover! It's becoming more beautiful, like a caterpillar to a butterfly! :lol: O.k. I was never very poetic. :icon_bigg

It's being purged of everything unnecessary and extraneous. It wil be leaner, faster, and more agile than it ever would have as merely a commuter car!

Keep up the good work, Chris (and the pics!)

tom :)

Is there any TV coverage of Grand-Am or USTCC? I know SPEED channel covers British touring car, but no mention of the others.

Grand-Am, of course. It just is not part of their listings right now because it is out of season. The Rolex series(Daytona Prototype, GT) has many of their races live, and the Cup Series(GS, ST) are played tape delay like Speed WC. Usually about 2-3 weeks after the event, and shown about 3 times in a month. The daytona race should air in Feb sometime. Look for us then.

USTCC has had some "spots" on shows in the past. This year they are vying to be a regular segment one of Speeds shows, as well as a half hour "year in review" at the end of the season.

Chris Lock

• 2 weeks later...

Updates!

As of yesterday, the car is complete! It goes to the dyno this saturday. the unfortunate thing about that is, in order to make daytona, it needed to be in the hauler on it's way through the california desert by saturday http://images.nasioc.com/forums/images/smilies/frown.gif. Various supply issues paralyzed our efforts at the last minute and we were unable to get the a proper test run before it's debut. In order to make sure we do Subaru and the Legacy justice, we decided that postponing it's Grand-Am debut would be the best choice. So Now we will spend the entire month of February testing at tracks near you, planning to debut the car at the USTCC opening round in March, followed by it's grand-am debut in April at VIR.

I know you all are dying to see pics with this update, but I am going to make you wait till this saturday to see if I can get some pictures of it actuallly on track.

Now that the build is over, we are all very excited to be the first to run a legacy in a pro series.

Updates!

As of yesterday, the car is complete! It goes to the dyno this saturday. the unfortunate thing about that is, in order to make daytona, it needed to be in the hauler on it's way through the california desert by saturday http://images.nasioc.com/forums/images/smilies/frown.gif. Various supply issues paralyzed our efforts at the last minute and we were unable to get the a proper test run before it's debut. In order to make sure we do Subaru and the Legacy justice, we decided that postponing it's Grand-Am debut would be the best choice. So Now we will spend the entire month of February testing at tracks near you, planning to debut the car at the USTCC opening round in March, followed by it's grand-am debut in April at VIR.

I know you all are dying to see pics with this update, but I am going to make you wait till this saturday to see if I can get some pictures of it actuallly on track.

Now that the build is over, we are all very excited to be the first to run a legacy in a pro series.

Damn you making us wait!!!!!! give us a teaser at least :D

JDM'd All to hell

:cool:

Thanks Jimmy @ Hkc-Speed.com!

RIP Coxx & Thanks

Chris,

will you be at Buttonwillow track on Sat/Sun Feb. 11-12? there's a RedLine track event that weekend that I will be attending.

if not, can you reveal what tracks and dates you intend to have this hot-rod LGT testing?

also, can you identify any race events within 100 miles of Los Angeles that your LGT will participate in? what tracks/dates?

Chris,

will you be at Buttonwillow track on Sat/Sun Feb. 11-12? there's a RedLine track event that weekend that I will be attending.

if not, can you reveal what tracks and dates you intend to have this hot-rod LGT testing?

also, can you identify any race events within 100 miles of Los Angeles that your LGT will participate in? what tracks/dates?

We will post our testing schedule once it is complete. Right now ot looks like we will be at either Leguna Seca this weekend, or Thunderhill. We will be at a test day for 3 straight weekends after this one as well. Another confirmed date is Infineon Feb 4, 5.

The USTCC Schedule will be finalized soon and we will let you know if we are anywhere near LA.

Thanks for the support guys!

No pics recent enough to be of interest.

Our testing schedule is very tenative. Some tests are private. PM me a few days before a public test if you are planning to watch, just to make sure we are still going.

Jan 22 Laguna Seca(tenative) NASA HPDE, maiden voyage, stretch the legs.

Jan 27-28 Thunderhill CA Open test

Feb 4-5 Infineon Raceway NASA HPDE, exhibition, Sponsor day, possible fan ride alongs.

Feb 11-12 ?? TBA Buttonwillow?

Our Race schedule for this year is very up in the air. But we plan on doing a full USTCC season, and at least 2 GA races, one of which is VIR, the other laguna. More will be added as sponsors are found. When the USTCC schedule comes out, you can check to see if there are races in your area. Also check our web site every once in a while for updates: www.gotoracing.com

We have a public forum there if anyone is interested. Good place to pick up info on what we are doing since we often use it for communication.

Chris Lock

So Now we will spend the entire month of February testing at tracks near you, planning to debut the car at the USTCC opening round in March, followed by it's grand-am debut in April at VIR.

Great!!! Now I can extend my ENTIRE stay at VIR!!! I will be at VIR in April 24-25 with the Audi guys for some HDPE, so I can just show up and stay at the lodge from Friday night until Tuesday!!

Hope to catch you in April!

Keefe

Small update...

We finshed 95% of the vinyl work tonight. The car looks so hot! Assuming everything goes well on the dyno this saterday, we will be out at Leguna Seca on Sunday.

Tried to get some decent pics of the car tonight, but we need daylight to really do it justice. Monday at the lastest.

Small update...

We finshed 95% of the vinyl work tonight. The car looks so hot!

Tried to get some decent pics of the car tonight, but we need daylight to really do it justice. Monday at the lastest.

You guys gotta get us a pic, even a bad one!!!!

BTW, good luck in getting it race ready quickly!

tom :)

^ weight man, the weight!

Sure, but it's in the right place, out back. They still need to make minimum, which is pretty high.

Wouldn't that be a hoot: An LGT Wagon passing the Bimmer's on some nice decreasing radius turn ;-)

Archived