LegacyGT.com

GOTO:Racing's new race car for 2006: The Legacy GT

GOTORacing

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree. It would generate a whole lot more buzz if it was a LGT wagon. But it would need one of those stickers on the back like jedimaster has that says something like "you just got beat by a wagon!"

+1! :lol:

Besides, it doesn't seem very difficult to get down to the weight limit they've set.

tom :)

Chris,

how was laguna today?

We had a very succesfull day at Laguna. unfortunately it did not include the legacy! :( It was still at the dyno shop. Problems with the immobilizer, and an update Subarus ECU software has delayed our testing till next weekend at Thunderhill.

Brian and I both ran the WRX at laguna, getting the cob webs out and learning the track for races later this year. It's odd that we don't frequent this track even though we live right by it. It was the first time we have driven there in 2 years, and only the second time total. We are proud to report that our times were good enough to get us in the top 5 of the Grand-Am field, and we fully expect the legacy to be faster than our WRX.

We also were happy to determine that Laguna REALLY likes torquey cars. I think the Subarus will have an advantage there over high reving engines. I will have pics in a press release by the end of the week.

Also in case you weren't up to date, the Legacy is now scheduled to race on March 10 at Laguna Seca in Support of the A1GP. This is the opening round of USTCC. I hope some of you live in the area and can make it out.

Chris Lock

-unfortunately it did not include the legacy! :( It was still at the dyno shop. Problems with the immobilizer, and an update Subarus ECU software has delayed our testing till next weekend at Thunderhill.

-We are proud to report that our times were good enough to get us in the top 5 of the Grand-Am field, and we fully expect the legacy to be faster than our WRX.

-We also were happy to determine that Laguna REALLY likes torquey cars.

Chris Lock

-I thought you guys were able to bypass the immobilizer with just a start and master kill switch... isn't that required for the car?? Or is the ECU just being a PITA?

-What times did you run? Did you beat Jeremy Clarkson's Gran Turismo 4 time and his shoddy 2+ mins time in the NSX? :lol: I am sure you guys did at some point or another run a low 1:40s. I will be pretty happy if you guys can out-run your WRX because the WRX is pretty much worked out and it hauls as it is.

-Laguna Seca back-straight section is all about torque.. gotta have something to climb that hill all the way to the top ;) . And with the flatter sections of the track, the torque will pull you through those sections like a bull. I would be soo fustrated driving a Honda S2000 through the back straight.. the car will take forever to climb the revs :lol:

Keefe

Man...do they televise this at all? AT ALL?????? I wan't to see this!!!!!!!

You can see the Locks hopefully at VIR ( http://www.virclub.com ) [as it should be a 5 hour drive for you] for the GrandAm race on April 20th to 23rd.. I should be there all weekend with them (as I have a track day with the Audi Club on the following Monday and Tuesday of that weekend).

I will be posting some info of where I will be staying that weekend at VIR (as I am still debating to skip the regional autox event and just come down and support GOTO for the weekend.)

Keefe

-I thought you guys were able to bypass the immobilizer with just a start and master kill switch... isn't that required for the car?? Or is the ECU just being a PITA?

Turns out the ECU and the immobilizer confer on EVERYTHING. The ecu requires feedback from the immobilizer to allow certain actions, like say, signal the starter relay. We got it running with a 05 STI ecu that had no immobilizer software, but the legacy one we have requires to be synced with the immobilzer. For that we need to set the security code, and for that, we need the our tuning software to be made compatible with the new 05 ecu rom. big headache that should be taken care of today.

-What times did you run? Did you beat Jeremy Clarkson's Gran Turismo 4 time and his shoddy 2+ mins time in the NSX? :lol: I am sure you guys did at some point or another run a low 1:40s.

ha! I was thinking about that episode too as I was driving :)

We weren' timely until brians last session. He was not pushing too hard, old take off tires from last year, and a 20hp restriction because of a 92dB limit that day, and he still was doing 1:44.xx. We were the fastest car all day by far, eating up the porsches.

-Laguna Seca back-straight section is all about torque.. gotta have something to climb that hill all the way to the top ;) . And with the flatter sections of the track, the torque will pull you through those sections like a bull.

That is what we surmised. being able to pull up that back hill is going to help alot. Not to mention that their are many places where you can get caught between gears at LS, like the 8-9-10-11 complex coming down the hill. We found yesterday that we can effectively short shift alot of areas with little or no loss since the turbo makes our torque curve so broad. The hondas and bimmers will probably not be as lucky. :) But of course we will just have to see... we will starve out a little at the end of the front straight.

Chris/Brian Lock,

Warren contacted me via email, definitely would like to meet/share ideas with you & GOTO at VIR when the time comes. If you need any help or such, let me know, glad to help

(registering for my track events and looking for lodging for the GrandAm event)

Keefe

Brian and I both ran the WRX at laguna...

Well drat, I wish I'd known you were there... my fault for not subscribing to this thread earlier.... :( Would have enjoyed talking to you. Lots of WRXs there!!

"I love the feel of wind in my face and boobies against my back." - BMW motorcycle rider

or wait til april and I'll have pics for you then ;)

April!?!?! We can't wait that long! Any pics yet, Chris?

I'm sorry, I'm sure you guys are busy getting the car ready. We're just excited to see the car.:)

Hope things are going well!

tom :)

These have been long awaited. We finally decided to put some pics up here, because Legacy fans have been waiting so patiently. We are still having fun working around the immobilizer, but after another trip to Gruppe-S tommorow, we should have it figured out.

Not all the vinyl is on yet, mainly because we are still talking with sponsors, but this is about what the car will look like when finished. Note the WRX in the background is also getting a face lift to our new design scheme. We plan to bring a two fisted Subaru sandwich to USTCC this year! (and of course our Grand-Am legacy plans). But without further ado... THE PICS!:

http://www.gotoracing.com/images/legacysmall/DSC00007_disp800.jpg

http://www.gotoracing.com/images/legacysmall/DSC00009_disp800.jpg

http://www.gotoracing.com/images/legacysmall/DSC00010_disp800.jpg

http://www.gotoracing.com/images/legacysmall/DSC00011_disp800.jpg

http://www.gotoracing.com/images/legacysmall/DSC00012_disp800.jpg

http://www.gotoracing.com/images/legacysmall/DSC00003_disp512.jpg

Hope everyone enjoys...

Chris Lock

-Laguna Seca back-straight section is all about torque.. gotta have something to climb that hill all the way to the top ;) . And with the flatter sections of the track, the torque will pull you through those sections like a bull. I would be soo fustrated driving a Honda S2000 through the back straight.. the car will take forever to climb the revs :lol:

Sweet didnt know you have made it out to cali man, next time you got let me know so we can run seca together on our mopeds... ;)

FYI Chris, you have to make the wanka (the brit) come out to VIR, tell him he can stay at my mad dope pad...

He told me about your car and how bad ass it was but good lord mans low it down some.. dont want everyone knowing about the legacy ;) haha good luck man and i hope you guys kick some major ass this year.

dre

Archived