LegacyGT.com

Thinking of making i88 adapters

Winner Winner!

I pulled the stereo out today to check the harness and one of the pins wasn't fully seated in the connector. Pressed it in and everything works!

Thanks

I apologize for that! I always make sure things are seated correctly!!

I apologize for that! I always make sure things are seated correctly!!

No need. This wasn't a harness you made. I made my own as I make custom motorcycle harnesses and had the tools. what I didnt have was the right gauge wire. I used some wire I had reclaimed from an old furnace and it was a tight fit in the connector housing

No need. This wasn't a harness you made. I made my own as I make custom motorcycle harnesses and had the tools. what I didnt have was the right gauge wire. I used some wire I had reclaimed from an old furnace and it was a tight fit in the connector housing

I see, well I'm glad it wasn't one of my harnesses.

Count me in if the "package" thing ever works out, otherwise I will still need one of everything regardless. IM me with any additional instructions, and we'll go from there.

Wish it had worked out but it just didn't :(

PM sent!!

• 2 weeks later...
Picking up on the i85 harness chatter... I eventually ended up here after a few hours of 3am browsing trying to research adding an aux port to a stock 08-09 head unit. With the number of posts mentioning previous community source for such a harness as not really active, is that something you'd be able to throw into the mix?

So the console piece doesn't really solve the problem of adding the wiring to the back of the head unit. It just provides a factory fitting option to plug a 3.5mm cord into the car. So I'm still in need of one of the i85 harnesses that used to be made.

• 8 months later...

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I've been MIA! It's been kind of crazy on my end which is great. Thanks to the Legacy & 240sx community I've been quite busy where I don't even on come on here as much as I should. I'm always building harnesses so I have stock on hand for the community. I just wanted to thank all of you who've supported me since I decided to start making these harnesses. On a side note I even had a great shop make a YouTube video on my S-Chassis (240sx) Power Steering Fittings. If anyone is interested in taking a look at the video here is the link to it Faction Motorsports YouTube Review.

Hopefully, everyone is doing well, healthy and just enjoying our Legacy's. If anyone needs a quick response please don't hesitate in reaching out on my website, email, or hitting me up on Facebook & Instagram @tightfitfab. I always try and respond quickly no matter what day it is. By the way life might get a little more busy since my wife and I found out that we're going to have a baby! After 10 years it's definitely a blessing! 

P.S. This is the same post I made on the "Official dual HVAC Double Din (JDM) Kit thread V2" thread. 

Thank you,

Raul

• Like 2

On 10/21/2022 at 7:15 AM, kzr750r1 said:

:) thanks for keeping this rolling. Although my adapter came with a marketplace buy of the double din parts needed it was clear it was one of yours. Still working great. :)

Where ever you might have bought it from I'm glad everything is working great for you!

@k00laid83 You're products appear to be top tier quality on the market right now!

Do you have any plans on expanding your store to include other legacy products? I'm still looking for someone who makes aux transplant harnesses so i can finally wire in the new center console thats been sitting in my basement for over a year now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnDeere714 said:

@k00laid83 You're products appear to be top tier quality on the market right now!

Do you have any plans on expanding your store to include other legacy products? I'm still looking for someone who makes aux transplant harnesses so i can finally wire in the new center console thats been sitting in my basement for over a year now.

+1 on this. Tho I did write and ask a while ago, and at the time he didn’t make one. Tired of looking at the aux port and wishing I could use it!

On 10/24/2022 at 9:33 AM, JohnDeere714 said:

22 hours ago, KZJonny said:

+1 on this. Tho I did write and ask a while ago, and at the time he didn’t make one. Tired of looking at the aux port and wishing I could use it!

That's something that I might have to look into. Currently, I'll be making my own stereo adapters since everything has gone up in price by more than 3x the cost I was originally getting them for. So to make sure I keep costs down and still offer quality I just sourced the connectors but all the wiring will be high quality 18 gauge TXL wire. If anyone has examples of the harness you guys are talking about I'll start looking into it. That way I can see what's needed and if I can source everything in bulk. If you guys have links to any write ups that would help as well.

On 10/24/2022 at 12:25 PM, KZJonny said:

If you can pm me an email address i can get you all the info i saved up when i made a prototype harness a long while back. I  have a bunch of info saved. The hardest part would be is finding the actual 6 or 8 pin (I can't remember) plug that goes into the aux port. At minimum an i85 male is needed to get basic functionality but youd want the female too for SWC.

If you made these from scratch you could possibly even offer them at a cheaper rate since AE64 ordered a made harness from subaru and then repinned the part that went into the radio. 

Edited by JohnDeere714