LegacyGT.com

Thinking of making i88 adapters

• 2 weeks later...
I have a few forsale and do a much better price shipped than AVOJDM. But keep in mind that the ones I have sold are all gently used

@tysparks81 I PM'd you about this, haven't heard back. Definitely interested.

Also, received the harness from TightFitFab, and it looks great. Can't wait to get it installed.

Perfect timing for me to come across this thread! I am about to pull trigger on a deck to go with my 'had it for a couple years' jdm double din. I'd be sending a PM but I believe there is a minimum post count to unlock those abilities....is there a website I can contact through?

Any plans for the i85 steering wheel control harness too?

Perfect timing for me to come across this thread! I am about to pull trigger on a deck to go with my 'had it for a couple years' jdm double din. I'd be sending a PM but I believe there is a minimum post count to unlock those abilities....is there a website I can contact through?

Any plans for the i85 steering wheel control harness too?

I have one and did not end up using it. disclaimer I am not done with my set up, but that is a whole other long story.

**If anything I say below is wrong someone please correct me. **

BUT the important part is once I ran the wires for illumination and radio controls from the wheel to back of the head unit I was left with this pig-tail just looking all stupid doing nothing. I think it is helpful if you are going to run the OEM headunit, but if you are going to run an aftermarket radio it is not needed.

Some head units will accept the factory radio controls, but they have a pigtail you have to wire in. Other headunits require an adapter like a Idatalink Maestro so you will have a dongle you have to wire in so... the i85 is not necessary in either case.

Hope this helps

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Yea I have been trying to get a hold of 96svx too. Definitely interested in an i88 harness. And the 14pin one for a new head unit

I tried 3 times over a number of months to get in touch with 96svx to no avail. k00laid83 built and shipped the i88 harness promptly, along with the radio adapter harness! Highly recommend!! Their website is https://tightfitfab.com/

My 2007 specB (full undercarriage & drivetrain refinish, every nut and bolt replaced, full engine rebuild/restore, glass-out respray, air ride, wide body, and more! All done by me, at home!)

Instagram: @bagriders_john for more Subarus (and also my wife and cat)

I tried 3 times over a number of months to get in touch with 96svx to no avail. k00laid83 built and shipped the i88 harness promptly, along with the radio adapter harness! Highly recommend!! Their website is https://tightfitfab.com/

Thank you for the kind words and for putting my website on here. I just ran out of i88 harnesses and currently working on 50 more. I should have them done next week.

• 4 weeks later...