LegacyGT.com

Thinking of making i88 adapters

Thanks k00laid83 for taking on this task. I was getting frantic trying to keep up with all the old info and lack of support. This really brought the project back into a realistic goal.

Ordered from tightfitfab.com and put my name on the wait list for avojdm once they get the dual zone back in stock.

• Like 1

Thanks k00laid83 for taking on this task. I was getting frantic trying to keep up with all the old info and lack of support. This really brought the project back into a realistic goal.

Ordered from tightfitfab.com and put my name on the wait list for avojdm once they get the dual zone back in stock.

It's very doable thanks to raul and tightfitfab.com! Here's my wiring check today after Raul was kind enough to answer some noob questions I had yesterday. https://imgur.com/a/e53IqA9

Sorry I haven't been on here. I've been pretty busy, which is a good thing. I appreciate the kind words! I really enjoy helping the community and it's awesome to hear from people I was able to help out. You know if you guys want to leave feedback on that website, it's always welcome and appreciated.

Hello everyone,

Just wondering how many of you would be interested if we had a US distributor of the JDM Dual Zone Climate Control Double Din. Maybe they can offer everything as a package deal?

Thanks,

Anyone doing this project in the future would probably find it very useful versus digging through old forum posts imo :) Not that the old info isn't useful, but having everything you need in one place sure would have been nice

I appreciate everyone's feedback. Hopefully, I can get someone to work with me where these climate controls can be had a reasonable cost. That way it makes sense for individuals. So far some of the importers I've spoken with aren't willing to budge. I hope this other company that offers them overseas is willing to work with me and allow me to assist with distribution :)

One last thanks to raul and tightfibfabrication for making this project possible, need to do some adjusting on the trim but the lion's share of the work is done

https://imgur.com/a/Q3AGtHT

Second photo is the from the official thread and I found it very handy in figuring out how much plastic to trim to reroute the hazard switch. Also was easier to steal the switch from my old radio and use that to keep checking fitment if you've already connected everything else.

https://imgur.com/a/eGaDGmw

• 2 weeks later...
One last thanks to raul and tight fit fabrication for making this project possible, need to do some adjusting on the trim but the lion's share of the work is done

https://imgur.com/a/Q3AGtHT

Second photo is the from the official thread and I found it very handy in figuring out how much plastic to trim to reroute the hazard switch. Also was easier to steal the switch from my old radio and use that to keep checking fitment if you've already connected everything else.

https://imgur.com/a/eGaDGmw

I'm so glad to hear that the i88 harness worked out for you! The new head unit and climate control look great.

Got mine installed!

Climate controls didn't come on this morning, kinda freaked me out.

After I parked and shut off the car I waited a few seconds then turned the key back to the ON position. Still dead.

Went in to the office, googled the problem, went back out and put the key into the ACC position, waited two seconds, held the AUTO and MODE buttons, then put the key into the ON position. Immediately started working.

To clarify, I don't believe this was any fault of the i88 adapter. It's a fantastic piece!

Edited by Ratmilk
AUTO and MODE
  • Like 1

Got mine installed!

Climate controls didn't come on this morning, kinda freaked me out.

After I parked and shut off the car I waited a few seconds then turned the key back to the ON position. Still dead.

Went in to the office, googled the problem, went back out and put the key into the ACC position, waited two seconds, held the AUTO and OFF buttons, then put the key into the ON position. Immediately started working.

To clarify, I don't believe this was any fault of the i88 adapter. It's a fantastic piece!

I'm glad you were able to get it figured. Also, thanks for posting that information. I didn't know about the AUTO and OFF buttons to reset the climate control. That's a great piece of information! Thanks.

I'm glad you were able to get it figured. Also, thanks for posting that information. I didn't know about the AUTO and OFF buttons to reset the climate control. That's a great piece of information! Thanks.

Correction, it's actually the "AUTO and MODE" buttons.

And it's still holding up today, no issues since.

• 3 weeks later...

Any luck with a US distributor of the JDM double-din trim and JDM HVAC controls? Wanted to ask before I send fun coupons to avojdm...

Also, has anyone used these harnesses with a factory H/K system? I've read it's been recommended to add RCAs to the speaker outputs for low-level outputs to the factory amp...

Any expertise or experience would be appreciated.

Any luck with a US distributor of the JDM double-din trim and JDM HVAC controls? Wanted to ask before I send fun coupons to avojdm...

Also, has anyone used these harnesses with a factory H/K system? I've read it's been recommended to add RCAs to the speaker outputs for low-level outputs to the factory amp...

Any expertise or experience would be appreciated.

Yea I did hear back from them. Essentially, they want me to send my harnesses directly to them to set up packages on their end. I was hoping to keep stock here for convenience for the community. I'm still thinking things over.

• 1 month later...
Does anyone have issues with the blacklists for the hvac buttons/dials not lighting up? I made my own harness and everything works fine except for the button back lighting.

I also think the display may not dim, so maybe there's a loose connection for the dimmer wire?

Is the Negative Illumination wire grounded or do you have a stereo adapter that has the Negative Illumination wire pinned? As for the dimming option from what I can see the only part that has the dimming wire comes from the i85 harness. My i85 harnesses have that wire pinned and available to use.

I needed the added negative illumination wire from the stereo adapter from tightfitfabrication in order for the HVAC illumination and dimmer to function

Glad I was able to help!!

What's the status for all-in-one ?

It hasn't been an option but I might have to make a test harness to try on my personal car and see if it will work. Hopefully, it will dim the JDM climate control. Then I'd have to start sourcing more i85 connectors.

I also think the display may not dim, so maybe there's a loose connection for the dimmer wire?

Winner Winner!

I pulled the stereo out today to check the harness and one of the pins wasn't fully seated in the connector. Pressed it in and everything works!

Thanks