LegacyGT.com

What's on your mind at this instant? -- Volume 13

ammcinnis

Veterinary facilities started opening up for elective surgeries last week for the first time since the shutdown. I get a call to spay the cat, showed up to drop her off Tuesday (last week). They come out to your car and take your pet inside because you still can't go in.

Well....that was the last time I saw her. She died on the Operating table most likely due a severe allergic reaction to the Anesthesia used. The whole family took it very hard, especially my 9 year old daughter (and me), but the dog took it equally as bad, they were best friends. I've been trying to love the dog through it, go on extra walks, play with her even more. It's been very hard. The kitten was basically the greatest cat ever, she fit so well with out whole family and just had an awesome personality.

100051381_10219462719293392_1402721471171657728_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=j4BU5qD2Su8AX83cD4I&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.xx&oh=6de1419c7cad3c9b9079bff89958106c&oe=5EFBCE58

100687561_10219462718413370_5637663408049356800_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=04ukXh7SHU0AX8wXmq9&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.xx&oh=7293e0edc13ba45dca5ddf06803c7178&oe=5EFC0A67

100363271_10219462718933383_2648552185066946560_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=aAqh-ZjBkksAX8W6Jdz&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.xx&oh=e12df426747e3c695f192e7a21900071&oe=5EFC5A10

Edited by DickDastardly00

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

We were just coming off the loss of Bella, our 14 yro Female Blue Point Siamese that died of Advanced Kidney disease in December. At least that was expected, that didn't make it easier at the time really, but at least you can somewhat prepare for it mentally.

So the rub now is we still have to get the Dog spayed and we are now terrified. The dog has a different Vet, but that doesn't lessen the fear because we don't think the Vet was at fault. We had a friend of ours who is a practicing Vet look over the medical records from the procedure. They saw no Red Flags in the pre-op and all of her bloodwork came back normal. There wasn't any indication this would happen at all from the bloodwork and pre-examination.

If you could nitpick anything at all it would be the Anesthesia cocktail used, Dexdomitor (alpha-2 agonist), the Anesthesia Butor-asomething (name escapes now) and Ketamine. Our Vet friend said that while that wasn't outside the industry norm, that isn't the anesthesia cocktail they use at their clinic. Anesthesia mortalities are more common in cats than dogs, but it happens to both. Chloe had significant swelling in her throat (to the point where they couldn't intubate her) which is a telltale sign of a severe allergic reaction. They'll tell you it's rare, and maybe it is but it happens more than people think it does.

What I learned is ask questions about what drugs they will use , do the research before hand, and then ask more questions, be THAT GUY, and don't give a damn whatsoever if they get annoyed, it could be your pet's life on the line.

If only I could have a redo....

Yeah. I think our vet used telazol. Pretty benign stuff. They don't think it was due to the anesthesia in general. Just the overall stress.

That's too bad man. Losing pets suck.

Chloe was a funny old soul in a kittens body, she'd grunt at you very softly when you picked her up like a tiny, furry old woman. But she would lick the crap out of my neck while purring at night, it was slightly uncomfortable in a weird way. But adorable. Then she would pass out on me, usually ontop of my arm. Much like Bella, she didn't like to be held at all but tolerated it somewhat because she knew we loved her. It was like wrestlemania in my living room watching her play with the dog

She would literally Jimmy 'the super fly' snuka off the back of the couch, land on the dog's back, then try to wrap the dog's legs for the take down. The dog of course was too strong for her, but it was funny to watch.

I couldn't sleep since I found out I had a slipped disc from the accident. Now my neck hurts more just because I know the injury, thanks brain. Idiot distracted driver ramming into me full acceleration.

Ouch, hope you are getting care for it and have a claim open. I've been on a similar road, was T-boned by a driver that ran a 5 sec old red light at probably about 35mph.

I think I'm over the halfway mark to recovery but still need to get the lower right and middle back healed. The whiplash in my shoulder and neck is almost completely healed though and I'm now down to one day a week Chiro/physical therapy.

Ouch, hope you are getting care for it and have a claim open. I've been on a similar road, was T-boned by a driver that ran a 5 sec old red light at probably about 35mph.

I think I'm over the halfway mark to recovery but still need to get the lower right and middle back healed. The whiplash in my shoulder and neck is almost completely healed though and I'm now down to one day a week Chiro/physical therapy.

OH wow that sucks. You do chiropractor? I am glad your whiplash is healed, mine is not healed but I suspected I already had a spine issue before the accident but now it's 10x worse. Yes definitely going through insurance over the whole thing, it totaled my Honda insight and that's why I'm getting a subie now

OH wow that sucks. You do chiropractor? I am glad your whiplash is healed, mine is not healed but I suspected I already had a spine issue before the accident but now it's 10x worse. Yes definitely going through insurance over the whole thing, it totaled my Honda insight and that's why I'm getting a subie now

I swear by them because they are the only thing that healed me. My regular doctor would just throw Muscle Relaxers and Pain meds at me which only treated the symptoms not the source of the problem, I hated taking them too because they wiped me out, was tired all the time.

It wasn't until I started seeing a Chiropractor that my body begin to heal itself. Once my bones were put back into alignment (not pressing into my Sciatica and such) things started to get better fast.

wonder what alcoholic beverage I am going to crack when i get home

I never have this problem anymore because I Beerstrategize the night before.

Been trying to find as many 'All Together' beers as I can, (last night I had the one from Narrows Brewing Co). It's a worldwide beer-movement started be Other Half Brewing where the proceeds from each can sold go to benefit front line Hospital workers. It's really win-win, I get to drink a good beer and my money goes to a great cause. I'll sign up for that.

I swear by them because they are the only thing that healed me. My regular doctor would just throw Muscle Relaxers and Pain meds at me which only treated the symptoms not the source of the problem, I hated taking them too because they wiped me out, was tired all the time.

It wasn't until I started seeing a Chiropractor that my body begin to heal itself. Once my bones were put back into alignment (not pressing into my Sciatica and such) things started to get better fast.

I'm going to have to look at some in my area, I have all these little issues and its all spine related. What do you reccomend when finding a good Chiro?

On a non related note, i pick up the car in a few hours and I haven't slept because I can't stop thinking about the car LOL help. :spin:

I never have this problem anymore because I Beerstrategize the night before.

Been trying to find as many 'All Together' beers as I can, (last night I had the one from Narrows Brewing Co). It's a worldwide beer-movement started be Other Half Brewing where the proceeds from each can sold go to benefit front line Hospital workers. It's really win-win, I get to drink a good beer and my money goes to a great cause. I'll sign up for that.

It is all over CT, i havent gotten it yet but I have seen many pics of people drinking it on the beer pages

pbr?

i just picked up some Naturdays at lunch and a thank you 4 pack for someone

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

I'm going to have to look at some in my area, I have all these little issues and its all spine related. What do you reccomend when finding a good Chiro?

On a non related note, i pick up the car in a few hours and I haven't slept because I can't stop thinking about the car LOL help. :spin:

Referrals from friends are a good start. I found my chiropractor because my wife had her neck lock up. We had just gotten married and were living in our first place together, a little one bedroom apt. She got out of the shower on a Sat morning and she used to do this head-hair whip thing where in a circular motion with her neck, she would flip her hair into the towel then wrap it up. Well, in the middle of that circular motion, her neck got locked into place and she was a good deal of pain. I started calling chiropractors and found one that was willing to come in for an emergency. We get there and he unlocks her neck and she was fine after that, a bit sore for a day, but fine. That was my introduction to Chiropractic medicine.

Call your Pcp and get something to help. Days isn't acceptable. Pain? Or the car?

Both. I'm trying some melatonin and cbd tonight fingers crossed...

It's probably a mix of some mild mania, I wanted to get the right car and being paranoid about my neck being injured aaaand my job just cut my hours in half so there's a lot of stress thankfully I live in a secure place :spin: