LegacyGT.com

What's on your mind at this instant? -- Volume 13

ammcinnis

Hey, anyone need washable masks? Preferably for their place of work? My neighbor owns a printing company, and has started to print masks for companies, complete with logos if needed. Many companies are going to be opening again soon, and or in need of masks for their workers for the foreseeable future. If you think you may need them, shoot me a pm, and I can put you in touch. They're a great small company that is providing cost effective masks at the moment.

• I Donated
Poll. Does everyone know what 'PPE' means? And did you know what it means prior to this pandemic? I've been told it's buzzword bullshit that no one knows.

I had heard it prior to the pandemic, but I have lots of sciencey friends.

Definitely not a buzzword... but it wasn't mainstream until the pandemic. I'd say it was pretty well-known in science, medical, manufacturing, and construction.

I have encountered PPE in at least 3 prior jobs:

During college when I worked in a Photo Lab (remember those?!) and was mixing large amounts of bleach and other chemicals.

Industrial Power Transmission and Conveyor sales - where I would end up in every kind of industry and PPE covered Fall Protection, Eye Protection, Hearing Protection, Respiratory Protection, Chemical Protection, Radiation Protection, Burn Protection - damn near any kind of workplace accident you can imagine was one I was exposed to

Industrial and Commercial HVAC sales - Much of the above scenarios, but not all of them

I think you'd have to be living under a rock or at least very limited life experience to have avoided the term entirely

• I Donated
I think you'd have to be living under a rock or at least very limited life experience to have avoided the term entirely

I mean, there are a lot of people with desk jobs, and a lot of people who work in retail or food service. I personally don't have to use PPE in my job besides very occasional hard-hat use when on a construction site. I just knew about it from other jobs.

I mean, there are a lot of people with desk jobs, and a lot of people who work in retail or food service. I personally don't have to use PPE in my job besides very occasional hard-hat use when on a construction site. I just knew about it from other jobs.

It's one of those terms, that recently is in every news report out there.

SENNHEISER HE1

I haven't seen that kind of advertising hyperbole since the last J.C. Whitney catalog I received. And the pricing chutzpah. Only $59,000.00 (plus tax), and free shipping is included! But ... Wires??? Vacuum tubes???

Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

I haven't seen that kind of advertising hyperbole since the last J.C. Whitney catalog I received. And the pricing chutzpah. Only $59,000.00 (plus tax), and free shipping is included! But ... Wires??? Vacuum tubes???

I did a test listen on the predecessor some years back and the sound clarity was really impressive.

453747.png