LegacyGT.com

What's on your mind at this instant? -- Volume 13

ammcinnis

My girl and I hiked yesterday as well. It was about a 5 mile jaunt along the gorge below Niagara Falls. Some amazing views, good company and some exercise.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Was going to go see her yesterday, but I didn't get the all-clear, head on down message, sounds like maybe next weekend. Grandma limiting who she let's in right now, but she let my dad in yesterday, he came over from Idaho to help take care of her.

And no Nils, you don't talk politics with Grandma, even if you are a Democrat! She's feisty :lol:'Ronald Reagan', two trigger words you just don't say in front of Grandma either.

Edited by DickDastardly00

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

• I Donated
That came out really nice. Will definitely give that patio some extra cover. Not sure how wide the is, guessing 12-14'? How much snow do you guys get?
Like 15.5'. Only had to cut a little off 16' long 2x6es. We don't get too much snow (we get blizzards every 6-7 years, but otherwise we usually get a total of 6-18" an entire winter), but I am thinking I am going to reinforce the front (lower) corners all the same, especially because I'm going to put the motorized awning that's currently under the gutter on the back of the house on the front board. Thinking of getting some kind of Simpson-type tie for each corner.

Like 15.5'. Only had to cut a little off 16' long 2x6es. We don't get too much snow (we get blizzards every 6-7 years, but otherwise we usually get a total of 6-18" an entire winter), but I am thinking I am going to reinforce the front (lower) corners all the same, especially because I'm going to put the motorized awning that's currently under the gutter on the back of the house on the front board. Thinking of getting some kind of Simpson-type tie for each corner.

Im guessing that span is likely at, near, or over the max. even if it doesn't rip off of your fascia one day, it may sag. Do you think you caught the tail end of your roof rafters when securing it?

tldr - don't stand under it when precipitating. :lol:

A few years ago I was planning on building a new PC for VR when the time was right.

I just haven't seen any VR games that are worth the price to build a VR worthy PC.

I do think VR is still the future of gaming, just taking a lot longer to get there than I thought a few years ago.

Seems like its still stuck in the proof of concept level of games.

A few years ago I was planning on building a new PC for VR when the time was right.

I just haven't seen any VR games that are worth the price to build a VR worthy PC.

I do think VR is still the future of gaming, just taking a lot longer to get there than I thought a few years ago.

Seems like its still stuck in the proof of concept level of games.

The previously unannounced, accidentally leaked trailer today for Star Wars Squadrons (Oct 2nd) looks like a promising VR title. It's a 1st person space vehicle combat game for a budget price of $40 new. It will only have the VR option for PS4 and PC users though, Xbox X users need not apply?

Trailer here, looks great so far:

Who knows, maybe it will stoke the fires of VR a little longer

Dish everyone is special including you, hugs. :lol:

VR use peaked at 1.5% according to that article. It's was the same thing with 3D too. I think when you require people to wear a device on their face to consume visual entertainment, they just aren't interested once the novelty wears off.

I see VR for games to be just a fancy feature. Too much effort to create good 3D for VR in a game compared to what people will pay.

For reviewing CAD designs and running simulated environments professionally it is still a feasible option.

453747.png

• I Donated
Im guessing that span is likely at, near, or over the max. even if it doesn't rip off of your fascia one day, it may sag. Do you think you caught the tail end of your roof rafters when securing it?

tldr - don't stand under it when precipitating. [emoji38]

There are boards screwed through the fascia into the trusses on both sides, with over a dozen 4" screws per side. The crosspieces are screwed to those. There are then 5/4x6es on top of both. So the 2x6 crosspieces are held on by screws at each end and the top boards that the polycarbonate panels are secured to.

There are also 2x6es that are secured both to the top boards and the upper and lower crosspieces. So multiple things would have to catastrophically fail for the structure to collapse.

I'm still thinking the lower one needs more support, since the awning will be attached to it, but I am not worried about the upper one, nor am I worried about the sides separating from the fascia.