LegacyGT.com

What's on your mind at this instant? -- Volume 13

ammcinnis

New Pokemon Snap game announced, maybe 2020 isn't so bad afterall

My son is stoked about the Sword and Shield DLC that just came out and the expansion coming out in Nov.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

i was stoked i dropped a nice healthy poo

Probably CTS-V sized is my guess. Mine was Fiat 500 sized today. Of course, I dropped about 4 Lincoln Continentals yesterday, that's probably why. Prunes will do ya good.

maxresdefault.jpg

Prunes? How old are you? :lol:

Ok, I don't normally eat prunes. I'm only eating them because my 3 year old is having difficulty with the #2 part of potty training. She doesn't want to sit down long enough to make it happen, definitely doesn't want to poo on Elsa either (see Frozen underwear) so she gets backed up. When it gets bad enough, like 3 days, I have her eat prunes and I eat them with her to show they are good.

Ok, I don't normally eat prunes. I'm only eating them because my 3 year old is having difficulty with the #2 part of potty training. She doesn't want to sit down long enough to make it happen, definitely doesn't want to poo on Elsa either (see Frozen underwear) so she gets backed up. When it gets bad enough, like 3 days, I have her eat prunes and I eat them with her to show they are good.

Prunes are good. I've heard that Dr. Pepper's flavor profile is at least partially based in teh aged plum.

We get fish tacos & philly cheese steaks from a small restaurant near us. Before the pandemic, we stopped in once a week for roughly the same order. So much so, that just gave our name to order. In the last few months, we'd call it in... the boxkita special. We haven't ordered for awhile so I called in and asked for the boxkita special. All I got was huh?

So I describe our wacky order and the cashier starts reading it back. About halfway through, the chef yells out...its the boxkita special. There's a pause then the cashier starts laughing.

It's our own cheers moment.

• I Donated
We get fish tacos & philly cheese steaks from a small restaurant near us. Before the pandemic, we stopped in once a week for roughly the same order. So much so, that just gave our name to order. In the last few months, we'd call it in... the boxkita special. We haven't ordered for awhile so I called in and asked for the boxkita special. All I got was huh?

So I describe our wacky order and the cashier starts reading it back. About halfway through, the chef yells out...its the boxkita special. There's a pause then the cashier starts laughing.

It's our own cheers moment.

Yep, I have a pizza place I go for lunch frequently that's like that. Before COVID, I'd walk in and they'd have the ticket printed out already. Slice of the NY Supreme and a fountain drink.

:lol:

It's just the span that's inherently the issue for me, coupled with how they attach to the main roof.

I very well could be wrong so don't listen to me. I can send the pic to my buddy whos a gc for a second opinion. Or you can have randy show it to his FIL. Or if you're good, that's fine too.

• I Donated
[emoji38]

It's just the span that's inherently the issue for me, coupled with how they attach to the main roof.

I very well could be wrong so don't listen to me. I can send the pic to my buddy whos a gc for a second opinion. Or you can have randy show it to his FIL. Or if you're good, that's fine too.

I'll ask my FIL. He used to build for Pulte.

You have 2x6 nailed to fascia boards. That seems backwards. Also that polycarbonate's span seems a bit wide to hold snow. I'd run some stringers to support it more.

16 oc was a secondary concern. :lol:

It looks really good. I'm reluctant to poo poo the hell out of it.

16 oc was a secondary concern. :lol:

It looks really good. I'm reluctant to poo poo the hell out of it.

My grandpa taught me how to build structures. Never use one nail when a bag of bolts could be used. If you needed to get the welder out, so much the better.

if it makes you happy, it's perfect. :-)

• I Donated
My grandpa taught me how to build structures. Never use one nail when a bag of bolts could be used. If you needed to get the welder out, so much the better.

if it makes you happy, it's perfect. :-)

I mean, it's attached by multiple screws to each side... :shrug:

I do take what you guys are saying seriously. I will say that we're not likely to be out on the porch when there's snow on it, so the worst that would happen is it tears the rake boards and maybe the gutter off. I'll talk to my FIL and see if he thinks I should add a couple of 4x4 posts to support the awning in front. That's my main concern at this point.

Look at it like a deck. And build it similar. A deck wouldn't be able to span that without a footer in the middle.

I'm not joking when I said 2" of snow could add 1000 pounds. Could that hold that much? At that point, the hope would be that it breaks in the middle and no one is under. The worst case, besides injury, is that the load doesn't cause it to break in the middle and it taxes the fastening points at the fascia and pulls your fascia off and or the rafter tails you may have lagged into.