LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

1 hour ago, Code said:

My DD 2018 F150 is a Canadian truck.  I always thought it was odd but the dealership where I found it had a ton of Canadian trucks for good prices.  Mine has an odd combo of options for whatever reason. (3.31 fd w/ max tow/payload) 

I know someone who made a good deal of money importing trucks from Canada into US.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 249K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 272K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

7 hours ago, SubOperator said:

NAFTA only applies to cars (and other goods) manufactured in USA, Canada or Mexico. Everything else gets to go though custom rules and fees as ROW goods.

What that means is that you can buy my LGT and just have it cleared through customs without paying any custom fees as the car was made in IN, USA. I can buy your LGT wagon and have it go through similar process here but again there will be no custom fees.

But if I decide to import EDM or JDM made car from Canada, Mexico or anywhere else the car will be subject to all US custom rules and regulations. Meaning that most likely that car will never see US shores.

this is an interesting comment as I've been contemplating selling off both my lgts due to my situation right now, but I don't think I'm going to find a buyer for either in my area. at least not for a fair price anyway. does this mean if I were to sell my spec.b (which is already USDM and has an EPA label under the hood) to an american member here, they wouldn't pay any customs at all? if so, I'd consider making posts for both of my cars in the classifieds section.

I don't intend to leave the lgt game, but I can't afford to keep pouring money into my spec b at the moment. I've been getting all of its little issues fixed, but I've barely driven the car since I got it two years ago. I only put ~2000 miles on it at most, and it's been sitting for the past two winters. I feel it's a shame it doesn't get driven often as it's a great car and I love it, but I would let go of it if there is good interest here.

• Sad 1

Merged a set of McIntosh JDM 13 speaker front door cards with a set of USDM Spec B alcantara door cards to create (probably) a 1/1 set of LHD Spec B McIntosh 13 speaker front door cards.

PXL_20240511_232428379.jpg

PXL_20240511_235851379.jpg

PXL_20240511_235855683.jpg

PXL_20240512_001029299.MP.jpg

• Like 6

The other day I fetched my 09 LGT from it's winter storage.  All is working perfect.  The black one is my 06 Outback 3.0R which will be in my shop for a bit for new rotors, calipers, pads, and brake fluid.

image.png.01095fd2f2e34a67d3a82f164f4aa996.png

image.thumb.png.899ecaf9ad63dc803217755599d56114.png

image.thumb.png.f2a26e1cae085e40cf580c5b55445e4b.png

image.thumb.png.617209a851685d19e5f84bffc79ec81c.png

• Like 6

How many miles on the white one? Manual or auto? 

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

3 minutes ago, pleiadesfella said:

whoa, I never knew there were 4th gen outback sedans. nice clean cars man!

That’s a 3rd generation Outback sedan, which is based on the 4th generation Legacy.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WRX USA said:

That’s a 3rd generation Outback sedan, which is based on the 4th generation Legacy.

yeah that's what I meant, an outback sedan based on the 4th gen legacy. I just worded it bad, sorry

Posted (edited)

The carbon fiber looks nice.

I used the Alpine tweeter mount on mine, to mount the Infinty tweeter of my 2-way components. 

image1.jpeg

image0.jpeg

Edited by WRX USA
  • Like 4

You fancy people and your shiny cars, what with their clear coat, door panels, and sub-100k odometers...meanwhile I'm over here feeling good about not having my shifter surround rolling around on the floor anymore. I've lost count of how many times I've torn it apart and it shows. Since my foam shifter insulator was falling apart, I constructed a new one from luxury liner pro. Between that and the deadening on the transmission tunnel, I can hardly hear that classic subaru 5MT whine.

Now my cabin is officially reassembled and I can truly enjoy the silence. I'll have to stop myself from ripping off the door panels to get those insulated as there are much bigger fish to fry.

I pulled the intercooler off yesterday and checked some hose clamps, tightened the galvanized plug on the back of the intake manifold, and adjusted the pitch stop. My idle is better now but not perfect. I ordered some pipe plug sockets to properly snug up that plug as I think it may have been a huge contributor to my rough idle.

@KZJonny I have learned to despise worm clamps. I've got so many in my engine bay now and it takes 3 different nut drivers and a flat head to operate them. I've got them positioned to be mostly accessible but some are very buried in there now. They also destroy hoses IMO. I just spent $85 on a new BPV return hose because the clamp took a chunk out of my venair hose.

Can anyone advise on pitch stop adjustment? My OEM is only 6 months old and I'm having a hard time finding the best positioning. The FSM doesn't appear to have any adjustment instructions. It just says to adjust. Yesterday I centered it on the bean shaped hole on the trans bracket and now the car bucks like a horse when you let off the throttle. Not interested in a stiffer one, I'm trying to keep my car as soft as possible.

20240512_200431.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, alex0856 said:

Between that and the deadening on the transmission tunnel, I can hardly hear that classic subaru 5MT whine.

Hah! Yeah, I get that.

Posted elsewhere, but I was surprised at how much more noise is transmitted to the cabin with my freshly installed Group N motor mounts. I can't imagine using poly on anything less than an actual track car, it must cause quite a racket.

That said, with pretty much all Group N or uprated OE style rubber and bushes in the car, it handles freaking fantastic.

I just get to listen to every grumble, whine and chatter the clutch/trans makes now. Which is a lot. It's a good thing that I enjoy those sounds, or I would be doing what you did with the sound deadening.

Edited by KZJonny
  • Like 1

I didn't know there was an "adjustment" that could be made to the pitch stop.  I just have it installed.

I have to say, I have all the hardened mounts and bushings, and with the 5mt it was noisy, but the 6mt split-case (cable) tranny is really quiet... don't have that directly connected shifter to transmit noise.  Yes, it feels different, but everything is a trade-off in one direction or another.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Infosecdad said:

I didn't know there was an "adjustment" that could be made to the pitch stop.  I just have it installed.

I have to say, I have all the hardened mounts and bushings, and with the 5mt it was noisy, but the 6mt split-case (cable) tranny is really quiet... don't have that directly connected shifter to transmit noise.  Yes, it feels different, but everything is a trade-off in one direction or another.

So what you're saying is that the answer to all of my problems is a 6 speed?

But yes it is adjustable. I break loose the nut and spin the bolt to tweak its positioning. No clue if this is the correct way to do it but since there's no instructions my options are limited 🤷🏻‍♂️

I think what I'll do is pull the bolt all the way out, rock the car back and forth a bit and see where it rests. I remember that I initially torqued it down before I torqued the new cross member bushings, so my theory is that now that the rubber has been broken in a bit the car will let me know where it wants the mount to sit.

Yesterday I drained my wallet some more. New clutch lines, BPV return hose, throttle body hose, and a Nameless BPV.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

would anyone here be interested in picking up my old 07 lgt that has a built motor? it has no powersteering due to broken lines and needs brakes due to rusty rotors, so it's not worth putting back on the road considering it's a rusty canadian maritime car, though the motor still runs perfectly. I imagine some people here could make good use out of its motor and parts, as its getting no interest so far locally. one guy wanted to buy the motor off me for $1500 CAD, but ghosted me when I countered him for $1800, so here I am.

if anyone is willing to take it by trailer and keep it as a parts car, please let me know! depending on the cross-border interest, I might make a classifieds post for it here. I need it gone ASAP.

Edited by pleiadesfella
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, xt2005bonbon said:

I will also have to drain my wallet this week. I need a new clutch kit. The Exedy stage 1 can't handle the VF52 for very long. Barely 40K and it is already slipping. Plus, I have not "turned it up" just yet. May get the 'copper backed 9 pad' as shown below (source: https://www.thezfdesign.com/clutches).

When I was having my car all built, I went Stage 2 +, I knew my VF52 that I got modified would need to hold the power. I also do not go nuts in the car.

• Like 1

Not a good day for me and my LGT yesterday.

Went to lunch break and when pulling from the parking lot to go back to the office, car started buckling like crazy, stalled and had some cray misfires (black smoke and pops from the exhaust). Barely made it to the office, car jerking, misfiring and stalling several times. Going back home after work was no fun at all but I made it.

CEL P0340 Camshaft position sensor. I know where crankshaft position sensor is but this one I did not run into yet. Not sure what caused it, may be yesterday being the first really warm day (75) and car sitting in the sun. Car starts fine and idles perfectly until I get moving and RPMs go 3K and above.

image.thumb.png.1e58117c6f939b16a9f9898372e8917c.png

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 249K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 272K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

12 minutes ago, NORULZleggy said:

When I was having my car all built, I went Stage 2 +, I knew my VF52 that I got modified would need to hold the power. I also do not go nuts in the car.

What are you running now?

Recently had a couple subarus pop into the local salvage yard. I picked up a Grimspeed heat sheild for $20, a full set of rubber floormats and an armrest extension for $30. 

There are still a few more items I need to snag, but it has been raining cats and dogs so the yards are a total mess.

• Like 1