LegacyGT.com

Beer Snob Thread - Volume 2

jasejase

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As an er muricans I cans gets behinds the strawberry’s milkshakes, but’s Nots the guavas.

Wife and I split the Reuben's Hazy IPA with the POG. It was ok but the Strawberry Milkshake IPA was way better. Too juicy, has this aftertaste like swigging a can of Dole Pineapple Juice straight. Gave it a 3.50 but that was generous now that I think about it.

Before that, we went to the golf course down the road and had a 10 Barrels Profuse Juiced IPA, now that was a overly Juicy IPA that was done right. I also had a Revision Citra Slam on Saturday, which was a good American IPA but I have better recently, namely anything from Grains of Wrath. All of their IPAs have been outstanding this summer.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

• 2 weeks later...
Got my hands on some Grains of Wrath... These guys are legit. Great job Brendan! Im impressed.

I drink a lot of really good West Coast IPAs and theirs (GoW) are some of the best I've had all year. I'd put Dystopia or Built For Speed to the challenge against any good American IPA from any brewery.

Had a Young's Double Chocolate Stout from across the pond, it was ok but Peanut Butter Milk stouts in general have more character and are more flavorful, would rather have one of those.

Bought Revision's new beer, Sand Castles, might have that tonight or something else, not sure yet.

Need to try Frost Hammer, sounds delicious.

I went with a hazy IPA last night from Fortside called Ripple Effect, pretty good, light and bubbly, not a heavy IPA.

Took the family to Titlow beach this weekend, brought the dog but before that I stopped by Narrows Brewing Company which is less than a mile away.

Fillled up a Growler of Octo IPA

Bought a 16oz 4-pack of Royale with Cheese (Hazy IPA)

Bought a 16oz 4 pack of Hattori Hanza (Hazy IPA)

Only had the Ocot IPA so far, which was good, can't wait to try the others.

Resized_20200830_165931-1.thumb.jpg.f436ba04fdb91fd43864816ffe50b6ad.jpg

Edited by DickDastardly00

• 2 weeks later...
Need to start looking for more fresh hop, haven't seen much yet. I bought Crux's 'Pert Near' fresh hop but so far that's all I've found.
If you ever make it down Vancouver, there are currently two that I know of.

Fortside brewing has one in cans and on tap now.

Trap Door is tapping one today (cans won't happen until air quality improves).

I like both of those breweries very much and frequently buy beer from both. I've have two Fortside beers in the last two weeks, been a month or so since I've had anything from Trap Door.

We have substantial rain in the forecast for Friday so hopefully that should great improve the air quality.

You'll only see breweries who use dry hops cold side right now. (Dry hop).

Breweries, like us, that use them hot side(boil, mash or whirlpool) still have to ferment like normal. Our 2 are coming out next week sometime.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I just saw Ft. George and Hopworks also have fresh hop options that just got canned/tapped.

I'm going to stop by my local place on my way home and try to find this year's Ft George fresh hop. I bought the Hopworks one yesterday, might drink that one tonight.

I had the Royale with Cheese from Narrows Brewing, it was also very good. I did like the Hattori Hanzo a little bit better, but both were great.

I just saw Ft. George and Hopworks also have fresh hop options that just got canned/tapped.
Add Heathen and Victor 23 to the list too, lol.

Pretty much all major players in the Vancouver Brewing scene have one out or tapping by the end of the week.

Edited by rhino6303

I had the Hopworks fresh hop last night, it was a great kickoff to fresh hop season, very enjoyable.

I grabbed the Ft George Fresh hop at my local store along with their other new Seasonal IPA, Farmers' Annuary

farmers4pk.png

This year’s West Coast style IPA was brewed with select Centennial & Amarillo hops especially chosen by Crosby Hop Farm.

Aroma: Light resin with tangerine & melon.

Flavor: Resin & cedar up front, followed by apricot & grapefruit. Crisp.

• 2 weeks later...

Noctiluscent Clouds by Postdoc exceeded my expectations, a good NE IPA, Minivanin' by E9 was also good.

I bought the new Reuben's Crikey IPA fresh hop edition, looking forward to that.

• 3 weeks later...
Fremont's Head full of Fresh Hops was great last night, also had the new Ft George Fields of Green Wet hop Citra IPA, was also really good. About done with Fresh hop season, this will be my last week. Winter Ale time is 'round the corner.

Narrows has really been cranking them out lately. I had their new Kracken Heads, Halloween themed Friday the 13th hazy IPA, dang near but not quite fresh hop, featuring Strata hops. I also bought their Monster Mash IPA and one called Depth Check for later.

Revision has a new American IPA called Alpha Point that I still have in the fridge, need to drink that one soon.