LegacyGT.com

The official 2020 Legacy thread

aac0036

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think it will be on par, the FA20DIT WRX's are known to get over 30mpg (I've seen people say 33mpg). Though that is for manuals and not CVT's, CVT's seem to be tuned more aggressively and tend to get worse MPG.

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

Yeah, I got 32 mpg on my WRX, but not only is that a manual, it's also a smaller engine.

I can get 30mpg on my low compression port injected 2005 GT with a 2.5L, MT 5 speed (HELLLO 3,000rpm at 70mph). I even got that when I was 90% stock, just with a few tune tweaks.

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a 15 year newer, higher compression motor, direct injection, CVT, to get more then just 32mpg.

Maybe Subaru should hire me as their MPG consultant :lol:

That's interesting. I would think the economy would be better for the CVT since it can drop the RPM's so low and maintain the speed, whereas the 6-speed is locked into the 6th gear ratio for overdrive.

Indeed, but CVT still suffers from the inefficiencies of the torque converter, at least until the lockup is engaged.

I remember what it is, the CVT WRX's default to Sport mode instead of Intelligent. If you put it into Intelligent SI Drive mode, it will get into 30's too.

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

The difference between an automatic and a manual is that with a manual gearbox the driver can be proactive while an automatic always is reactive.

Then the CVT has some more losses internally but makes it up by trying to target an optimal power output with decent result. But it's always trying to give a balanced economy to power ratio.

453747.png

Yeah, I got 32 mpg on my WRX, but not only is that a manual, it's also a smaller engine.

Did you wreck that one tracking it? Or was that another car you also wrecked? Or did you just wreck this one parking it? :iam:

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

• I Donated
Did you wreck that one tracking it? Or was that another car you also wrecked? Or did you just wreck this one parking it? :iam:
I mean, now that you mention it, I did back it into a Sonata in a gas station. :hide: But that didn't take much off the value when I traded it in for the car I actually did total. [emoji38]

I mean, now that you mention it, I did back it into a Sonata in a gas station. :hide: But that didn't take much off the value when I traded it in for the car I actually did total. [emoji38]

I thought you ran two red lights (one at a 90 degree angle) and then hit someone's Prius on their green arrow? Or was that a different time? :iam::lol: :lol: :lol:

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Dude... if you only knew. :eek: This guy can wreck a car JUST by hitting the headlight. Pinpoint wrecking ability!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: LOUD

only a real loser laughs out loud at their own jokes. how much will the resale value of your volvo drop once that accident comes up on your car fax?

only a real loser laughs out loud at their own jokes. how much will the resale value of your volvo drop once that accident comes up on your car fax?

$30k value drop but it's ok........ like another user in here my next car is a GT3. :dm:

• I Donated
I thought you ran two red lights (one at a 90 degree angle) and then hit someone's Prius on their green arrow? Or was that a different time? :iam: [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

That was a different time, in an alternate reality. :spin:

BURN [emoji38]

Just stick to your admin duties, LegGTLT. You're pretty good at them. Humor, not so much. :hide:

That was a different time, in an alternate reality. :spin:

BURN [emoji38]

Just stick to your admin duties, LegGTLT. You're pretty good at them. Humor, not so much. :hide:

Oh! Is LegGTLT the admin I should contact when I need to fix my account?

I must be in the wrong thread

I must be in the wrong thread

No really.......... you're doing just fine at this whole forum thing. Don't listen to the other kids.

Archived