LegacyGT.com

The Official Military Thread

BDII

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To this day when I talk to a marine who was west coast I dont understand why they refer to san diego as "MCRD" , I could care less whether someone was east or west coast at this point, but noone from east coast refers to PI as MCRD, just simply Parris Island or boot camp.

It's SoCal - needs to be more politically correct but still "sound" militarized. :lol:

Besides, Parris Island sounds "penal" and Marine Corps Recruit Depot sounds "fashionable".

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

To this day when I talk to a marine who was west coast I dont understand why they refer to san diego as "MCRD" , I could care less whether someone was east or west coast at this point, but noone from east coast refers to PI as MCRD, just simply Parris Island or boot camp.

There is also a Navy base at Sandiego, so I was more specific.

There is also a Navy base at Sandiego, so I was more specific.

I know but most marines would think if you lived out west when you're saying San Diego, you would assume they meant boot camp. But then again if the Marine Corps was to call Parris Island "MCRD Beaufort, SC" instead you would probably say MCRD too, or just boot camp :lol:

I went down to Parris Island for a family friends graduation 2 weeks ago, I was wondering how the hot summer was down there since I went to boot from Oct '10-Jan '11, but the heat felt just like Lejeune :mad: I did run in to one of my DI's who's now a company gunny, it was great having more ribbons than him.

are you a Hollywood Marine?

I'm talking about PI. That godforsakin swamp, smelly, shit hole :lol:

Well I lived west of the Mississippi when I enlisted, so yes I went to San Diego/Camp Pendleton. Then Pendleton for SOI. You got heat and humidity, and swamps, I got dry heat and the San Onofre Mountains to hump. Just different kinds of suck. :lol:

Well I lived west of the Mississippi when I enlisted, so yes I went to San Diego/Camp Pendleton. Then Pendleton for SOI. You got heat and humidity, and swamps, I got dry heat and the San Onofre Mountains to hump. Just different kinds of suck. :lol:

How was the game? :lol:

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Been to a lot of graduations at MCRD and every single one of them (more than a dozen), not one Marine had gone to a baseball game... :)
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

when I went to MOS school my friend from nevada tried to **** with a kid from east coast and said that he went to a padres game after their crucible, kid believed him, problem was, we all graduated in january.

Archived