LegacyGT.com

The Official Military Thread

BDII

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
I was a lance for about 12 months I know some marines in the air wing and even more POG MOS' thay picked up even faster, some in non deployable units and some were FOBbits picking up right when their TIG was eligible.

Yeah its really flawed the promotion system, alot of friends I know back home that were 03's EAS'd and not by choice, sucks that a kid who could be a computer tech or whatever can pick up cpl with a cutting score of 1100 meanwhile for just about every 03 mos you need like a 1900 or something along those lines. My MOS was 1600 which is in the more average score for most of the marine corps. 03's really get the shaft.

• 1 month later...
Damn POG's pick up rank fast.

Tell me about it, I'm a 25 year old E6. :spin:

Intel FTW (or lose, whatever floats your boat)

I'll have 8 years in in auguts though, so that helps.

I could suck start a snow blower.

Tell me about it, I'm a 25 year old E6. :spin:

Intel FTW (or lose, whatever floats your boat)

I'll have 8 years in in auguts though, so that helps.

Did they give you your honorary obnoxiously large coffee mug when you picked up E6? That might just be staff nco syndrome in the marine corps.

Did they give you your honorary obnoxiously large coffee mug when you picked up E6? That might just be staff nco syndrome in the marine corps.

No, they actually are making me buy it! what an insult to my immense importance. I should have a plethora of e1 - e4 to do my bidding, and buy my coffe mug for me :lol:

I could suck start a snow blower.

I picked up 2 months ago while in afghanistan, just to busy to be on here until recently. But the promotion system is very flawed.

Yup!

I was supposed to hit e4 8 months ago. My unit "lost paperwork". Rofl. My buddy in the army gained e2-e4 in less than a year. Took me 2.5 for e3-e4.

And e is getting e5 1.75 years in because no one in his mos is a sgt and they need one

Grr

-B

Archived