LegacyGT.com

The Official Military Thread

BDII

My favorite is officers that are younger than you, have 1/4th the time in that you do, got commissioned out of ROTC, but still 'know' better than you.

I get the fact that you're an officer and all, but for the sake of **** don't tell me how to do my job. Tell me what you would like to have happen, I'll make it happen. I don't need my hand held.

lol

I could suck start a snow blower.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

when i was in ANCOC (or SLC, whatever you want to call it) we got to sit down with a bunch of officers still in school. new program where they get to ask us questions and try to get a feel for how things actually work instead of what's in the books and powerpoint slides...

most common question - "what should i do when i get there?"

my answer - "STFU and listen to your NCOs"

when i was in ANCOC (or SLC, whatever you want to call it) we got to sit down with a bunch of officers still in school. new program where they get to ask us questions and try to get a feel for how things actually work instead of what's in the books and powerpoint slides...

most common question - "what should i do when i get there?"

my answer - "STFU and listen to your NCOs"

Which is exactly why they shouldn't be officers, cause they don't know shit. Why OJT them when you could take an outstanding enlisted man with some brains, get him educated, send him to OCS or an academy and then have *gasp* an officer that is pretty competent right out of the box. Hell think of the money and time saved not needing to send them all through all the basic training courses that they should already know, and instead build on what they should already have from prior service.

when I went to boot camp in 2010, I kept my car and just had automatic payments set up while i was away at boot camp, certain MOS'/Rate/Technical school whatever branch you're joining if your school is over a year you may rate to have your POV with you at school, I know with the marines if you're going to be CEM or some other MOS where your school is over a year they rated a POV on base. When I joined the fleet last year I drove down to my duty station after MOS school, granted I'm from NJ and stationed in NC. When I deployed this past year I had my car stored back home in NJ.

not that I know of. You just need your DoD Decal to park on base, Once you get to your unit you just need to go to your admin with your license, registration and military ID and you get your DoD decal. I owned a car before joining I didn't have to go through the BS many junior marines did before buying a car of having an NCO or SNCO advise them on their purchase to insure they dont get ripped off. hopefully someone else can clarify this a little better than I can. However if you want to keep your car while you're going through training, just make sure you have a good place to store it and an arrangement set up to make your payments if you're still financing it

Critical and closed bases will still require a DoD decal, just many of the Joint-base arrangements aren't requiring it. Decal or not, you'll still have to provide your MIL ID for scanning/review.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I wonder what will define 'critical'. strategic assets? amount of brigade or higher echelon headquarters? does this mean I can get into groom lake now?
I could suck start a snow blower.

Critical and closed bases will still require a DoD decal, just many of the Joint-base arrangements aren't requiring it. Decal or not, you'll still have to provide your MIL ID for scanning/review.

well, obviously.

I wonder what will define 'critical'. strategic assets? amount of brigade or higher echelon headquarters? does this mean I can get into groom lake now?

been to groom lake. boring. do not recommend.

JB MDL is barely an operating base these days :lol: other than the Air Force there's barely any army or navy presence there, just a boatload of reserve units.

Theres a army base in NJ where I grew up that still requires the decals due to it being a R&D facility

:cool:

Have fun in boot camp :lol: Don't miss those days!

My buddy was a POG in the army and he had females in his boot camp platoon. The only female I saw in book camp was a drill instructor and she tore me a new one for no good reason while I was walking to BAH :lol: Long 88 days with no women around.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

:cool:

Have fun in boot camp :lol: Don't miss those days!

My buddy was a POG in the army and he had females in his boot camp platoon. The only female I saw in book camp was a drill instructor and she tore me a new one for no good reason while I was walking to BAH :lol: Long 88 days with no women around.

No DRFTs new best friend...

http://www.hipstertravelguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/WhitePumaSock2.jpg

Archived