LegacyGT.com

The Official Military Thread

BDII

Wow, I can't believe I have never seen this thread before! Anyway, here's some of my info.

1. Army 68WF3 (Flight Medic/Platoon Sergeant)

2. SSG

3. 2001-Present

4. BAFB, CO

Just got back from yet another fun-filled year in Iraq and can't wait to go back. :rolleyes:

2012 Xterra Pro-4X

2003 Outback Sedan Limited

D.U.S.T.O.F.F.

"Dedicated Unhesitating Service To Our Fighting Forces"

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, I can't believe I have never seen this thread before! Anyway, here's some of my info.

1. Army 68WF3 (Flight Medic/Platoon Sergeant)

2. SSG

3. 2001-Present

4. BAFB, CO

Just got back from yet another fun-filled year in Iraq and can't wait to go back. :rolleyes:

Welcome back!!!

I'm going back to finish my deployment on Friday. R&R is never long enough :spin:

Welcome back!!!

I'm going back to finish my deployment on Friday. R&R is never long enough :spin:

No, it never is! Hope yours has been going well so far though.

2012 Xterra Pro-4X

D.U.S.T.O.F.F.

Jesus I wish the Marine Corps did R&R breaks lmao

I went on r&r with a couple marines on my last deployment. Maybe you just got screwed?

2012 Xterra Pro-4X

D.U.S.T.O.F.F.

a friend of mine from back home and also stationed at Lejeune is currently deployed to Afghan and came home on R&R, his first daughter being born probably had a big part to do with it, ive never heard of marines coming home otherwise.

as for what you were saying about Lejeune and Jville, best way i've made due so far is to make friends with locals and find friends from back home that live in Virginia or the Carolina's and hang out with them on weekends, essentially stay away from the Marine Corps on my liberty :lol: company gunny asked me why he never sees me with other marines on the weekends and i told him "the same reason you dont gunny, keeps me away from the stupid and I cant stand them!" he understood that well. I spend enough time with marines during the week I cant be around them 24/7, the whole idea of going out in packs of 10-12 marines to a bar or anywhere in Jville every night and weekend doesnt sound too appealing to me.

a friend of mine from back home and also stationed at Lejeune is currently deployed to Afghan and came home on R&R, his first daughter being born probably had a big part to do with it, ive never heard of marines coming home otherwise.

as for what you were saying about Lejeune and Jville, best way i've made due so far is to make friends with locals and find friends from back home that live in Virginia or the Carolina's and hang out with them on weekends, essentially stay away from the Marine Corps on my liberty :lol: company gunny asked me why he never sees me with other marines on the weekends and i told him "the same reason you dont gunny, keeps me away from the stupid and I cant stand them!" he understood that well. I spend enough time with marines during the week I cant be around them 24/7, the whole idea of going out in packs of 10-12 marines to a bar or anywhere in Jville every night and weekend doesnt sound too appealing to me.

Yeah I know what you mean. I was married when I was in jville so I was able to stay away from the stupidity. Went out here and there and didn't like the nightlife much in the area. Too many people making asses of them selves and causing trouble. Never worth the repercussions lol.

I know what you mean about letting Marines leave early for their childs birth, thats an exception that is usually account for. Sometimes if a unit can spare that person and knows they have a baby due during deployment, they'll just let them as part of the remaining essential personnel.

As for the other branches, well I guess they can spare them lol. The Marine loves its cheap labor and uses it to its fullest capability. :cool:

I know how you feel man. I got sick of hanging out with Marines on liberty while I was going through SOI at Pendleton. A lot of dumb shits just can't act like normal human beings when they are young, have a job, and have no other responsibilities.

It was just as bad when I was at MOS school, unfortunately as you can relate "common sense is not a common virtue" I feel like every time I come back from weekends I always hear about 3-4 marines getting arrested in town, another 2 or 3 gettin njp'd for something stupid. its tough joining when youre 22 most of your peers are 18, 19 yr olds and most marines your own age are NCO/SNCO's.

It was just as bad when I was at MOS school, unfortunately as you can relate "common sense is not a common virtue" I feel like every time I come back from weekends I always hear about 3-4 marines getting arrested in town, another 2 or 3 gettin njp'd for something stupid. its tough joining when youre 22 most of your peers are 18, 19 yr olds and most marines your own age are NCO/SNCO's.

It's tough retraining cause I'm damn near 30 and I get lectured on under age drinking and wing man concept. They want us to mentor them but have no contact with them whatsoever after the school day is over. 10 yrs ago making us do pushups and flutter kicks when we did dumb stuff wasn't considered hazing.

checked in to Ft. Benning this morning for Jump school, dont pick up until next week, gonna be a longgggg month

taking or teaching?

I teach out in CA, had my first test failure last night in months! :mad: Whats worse is it was all stupid easy questions....

taking or teaching?

I teach out in CA, had my first test failure last night in months! :mad: Whats worse is it was all stupid easy questions....

Taking the course, I volunteered my unit needed 6 marines to go so I volunteered for it. Since im coming from the fleet this time "student status" isnt so bad. Not like MOS school was like right after MCT

Taking the course, I volunteered my unit needed 6 marines to go so I volunteered for it. Since im coming from the fleet this time "student status" isnt so bad. Not like MOS school was like right after MCT

as long as your not with basic students I would think they will treat you like adults. Thats the biggest problem here, our students who get retrained get treated like pipeliners. You all know what I mean....;)

yeah there's some soldiers and airmen down here that its part of their AIT/Tech School training, also some marines down here for part of their MOS training as well, but since i'm coming from the fleet for just additional certifications and training they put me in the NCO/Staff NCO barracks, I feel as if the Instructors and Perm personel here are just excited and happy to talk to marines in the fleet since they havent been in the fleet in a while.

• 2 months later...

Archived