LegacyGT.com

*** Official LegacyGT.com 1320 List ***

j.reed

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here ya go AKLGT here is my slip break down.

R/T .496

60' 1.840

330 5.241

1/8 7.995

MPH 90.21

1000 10.364

1/4 12.352

MPH 111.88

hey anty, here is a breakdown of my best et with my old 20g and this will show how important the launch is . on this run I had my stereo system in the car and a passanger . My race gas map was a joke ( bucking, undrivable ) but my pump gas

map was great . This is my pump gas map but running race gas to be safe . redline at 6500rpms, I tried to get my tuner at the time to fix this but he didn't feel that it was important .

60' 1.913

330 5.401

1/8 8.200

mph 87.75

1000' 10.626

1/4 12.664

mph 111.91

and thats an honest answer ;)

I did set you up for that one :hide:

i know. that's why i laughed. ;)

but yes, i should have got the title correct: grumpy a-hole! :lol:

witchita, post up those times as soon as you can! i am very curious to see how that GT30R does. :)

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Id like to know how anyone plans to get into 1.5-1.6 60ft in the LGT. Maybe drag radials or slicks?? I havent seen many, if any get that time. And if anyone has I would really like to know how they did it as I think anyone would like to know this information. Not saying its not possible, I would just like to know from someone that has.

So what is consistent 12's? Like 12.7? How much faster are you going with the extra juice?

witchita was that with a FMIC or a TMIC on the 20g? Meth?

i run 12.8-12.9 and 104-105 mph on the race maps. 13.18-13.3 and 102-103 mph on pump gas.

Id like to know how anyone plans to get into 1.5-1.6 60ft in the LGT. Maybe drag radials or slicks?? I havent seen many, if any get that time. And if anyone has I would really like to know how they did it as I think anyone would like to know this information. Not saying its not possible, I would just like to know from someone that has.

+1 , but I would also like to know why an sti can do it and we can't . Maybe this would clear up our question .

Well I know an STI's grip is a hell of a lot better then a Legacy. Off the line it just goes. They dont spin the tires nearly as much. But then they have wider and better tires than the LGT's and a DCCD. I think if the LGT had a DCCD then it could achieve faster 60ft times. But then youd probably also be shearing rear half shafts often, and possibly breaking transmissions too. When LGT's hook up, they break. Well, thats my opinion of course. But I do know that when my front tires didnt spin, things broke.

Well I know an STI's grip is a hell of a lot better then a Legacy. Off the line it just goes. They dont spin the tires nearly as much. But then they have wider and better tires than the LGT's and a DCCD. I think if the LGT had a DCCD then it could achieve faster 60ft times. But then youd probably also be shearing rear half shafts often, and possibly breaking transmissions too. When LGT's hook up, they break. Well, thats my opinion of course. But I do know that when my front tires didnt spin, things broke.

sti's can take a launch because they have alot stronger tranny then us 5mt guys do. I know many sti owners who sidestep there car on their launch and there trannies have held. try side stepping a 5 mt and u will here some grinding very shortly after. trent I can't wait to see what ur car does. but don't let this okie out do ya haha

+1 , but I would also like to know why an sti can do it and we can't . Maybe this would clear up our question .

I wouldn't say we can't, there is not nearly enough LGT's that make it to the track to determine this. I would say an LGT with good tires and the appropriate suspension should launch just as hard as a sti. The DCCD should only provide a slight advantage in straight line acceleration.

Once ;)

i've been launching my LGT at 18 psi the last time to the track. all 4 tires spin and the car gets a little sideways, but that's how i get my 1.7 60' times.

i don't see why wichita couldn't launch his at 15 psi. of course, he'll need to wait for cooler temps in the low 70's or cooler.

aww. gotcha. LOL... sorry, little slow this morn. ;)

i'm sure one day, my tranny will blow up. however, i'm hoping it's after i get my STI in a year. it'll be back to grandma mode here in the next few weeks so hopefully the tranny doesn't blow up before that.

I wouldn't say we can't, there is not nearly enough LGT's that make it to the track to determine this. I would say an LGT with good tires and the appropriate suspension should launch just as hard as a sti. The DCCD should only provide a slight advantage in straight line acceleration.

Don't forget the front limited slip differential. Before I swapped in a STi 6MT. The 5MT would spin the driveside front tire in 1st gear & chirp it in 2nd & 3rd gears. I wont get to the strip until the last weekend of Sept. To see if I can match my AP #'s with the 6MT at the track.

W/ 5MT

#'s from APv2

Date 6-10-07

User name HAMMER DOWN

60' time __2.057sec.

0-60 mph _5.155 sec.

1/8 mile time 8.771 sec.\ 82.040 mph

1/4 mile time 13.679 sec.\ 100.685 mph

trap speed

track

elevation

temperature _58

year of car _2005

turbo _stock

octane of gas used _93

Water Injection yes/no _no

Nitrous yes/no _no

Tires/inflation pressure _35 front\33 rear

Other supporting modifications _13.7 .lbs Kosei17x7wheels. The whole wheel & tire [P215-45R17 XL 91W Bridgestone RE960 AS Pole Position]. The whole wheel & tire weighs only 38lbs. ea.\ Cobb APv2 stage1, 93 oct. K&N OEM style airfilter & Amsoil threw out the drive train.

Track #'s @ ESTA Safety Park Dragstrip in Cicero, NY

Oct. of 06, my best 1\8 mile time is 9.1060 sec.@ 77.18 mph & my best 1\4 mile is 14.2488 sec. @ 96.39 mph. Only mods. is K&N OEM style airfilter & Amsoil threw out the drive train.

Will see at the end of the mo.

Mike

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

Archived