LegacyGT.com

*** Official LegacyGT.com 1320 List ***

j.reed

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice time:)

Surprised the 60 time was not a little better though with that aggressive of a launch....nothing like that stock rubber

Thanks,

Yeah stock rubber, 40 degree temps and ~5200 rpm= tire slip

A little tire slip is good though, I think, better than clutch slip...

.. wishing I would have ran.

BUT - I still think my tune sucks. I want to do some mods and get a re-tune before I run the car hard. my WGDC are really high and I am still hitting 18psi peak. That is my target - but it should not take 90% WGDC to get there.

congrats trabbic - we will celebrate this saturday at yoru engagement party. You think your parents (mom) will care if I get a stripper dressed up in a Indy Car Hottie outfit and wave the checkered flag as you enter!!!????:lol:

.. wishing I would have ran.

BUT - I still think my tune sucks. I want to do some mods and get a re-tune before I run the car hard. my WGDC are really high and I am still hitting 18psi peak. That is my target - but it should not take 90% WGDC to get there.

congrats trabbic - we will celebrate this saturday at yoru engagement party. You think your parents (mom) will care if I get a stripper dressed up in a Indy Car Hottie outfit and wave the checkered flag as you enter!!!????:lol:

Yeah you should have ran... Oh well, next time...

Did you have something like this in mind:

http://www.theinternetdepartmentstore.com/imagesxl/X-1800.jpg

:lol: I am sure my Dad and male friends would not mind at all, however I might then be single again! :lol:

Back on Topic:

Where's J.reed been? We need to get this stuff updated...

^^^Chill, he was just on last night. give him a day or so...

BTW Congrats on the nice times:icon_bigg !!!!

Thanks!

And I was just joking around with j.reed, no big deal :wub: You mean he does other stuff than just sitting here updating my times!? :icon_mrgr

I don't think that short shifting this car is always the way to go, remember we loose the mechanical advantage of the lower gear when we shift.

Exactly, shift when hp of lower gear = hp of next gear. Just beacause our VF40s run out of breath up top doesn't mean they quit making power!

Also, I think at 80+ mph our VF40s make more power up top then we think with all that air cooling everything.

Yeah you should have ran... Oh well, next time...

Did you have something like this in mind:

http://www.theinternetdepartmentstore.com/imagesxl/X-1800.jpg

Holy crap that is my wife's outfit!!! Do you think its ok if she wears that to the party!?!?! :lol:

good find

Here is my slip from the 12.8 run...

Excuse the darkness of the scan, I had to do it like that to get the detail necessary to read the print. (it is very dim in person)

As you can see I actually lost this run to a drag setup 11 sec. camaro with skinnies up front...

1123963569_12_8run.thumb.jpg.4f990647f7ffe2c1d27d6442966123ee.jpg

Well, I went to the track tonight.... And although that 12 sec timeslip still eludes me, I at least know that I'm not far behind a V10 M5(12.6@114.5):icon_surp ! New number's are:

Edmundu / 13.03 @ 112.11 mph / 2.16 60' / Englishtown NJ / 5MT / GT Sedan / STi swap, Self-tuned map, Avo450,TBE,inj, FP, alky inj / 43*

Yeah that's not a typo, I somehow managed to run another 13.03 :( , but this time with a good bit more speed. Even with horrendous launches.

Went to Cecil county tonight, it was freezing! but got some decent times....

- Sqhatch/ 13.571@ 101.01 MPH / 2.041 60ft / Cecil Raceway / 5MT / LGT Sedan LMT / AP Stage 1, AVO Panel Filter/ 36 degrees, low humidity

Well, I went to the track tonight.... And although that 12 sec timeslip still eludes me, I at least know that I'm not far behind a V10 M5(12.6@114.5):icon_surp ! New number's are:

Edmundu / 13.03 @ 112.11 mph / 2.16 60' / Englishtown NJ / 5MT / GT Sedan / STi swap, Self-tuned map, Avo450,TBE,inj, FP, alky inj / 43*

Yeah that's not a typo, I somehow managed to run another 13.03 :( , but this time with a good bit more speed. Even with horrendous launches.

MPH is there buddy, the car is making the power:icon_bigg

hey trabbic what do you have done to your car? nice #'s!

uppipe, downpipe, K&N drop-in filter, TDC stg II - 18.5 psi

great launches, cold weather, great shifting. I was impressed with his driving (though I was not IN the car - I could tell he was not rocking a lot on shifts... and the shifts were great).

edmundu great HP there ! dude 112 MPH!!! ballz! Are you not gripping well? do you chirp tires from 1st to second? shift points? I know you can get into 12s.

He is being smart and not leaving hard. He is in the same boat I am stock clutch that wont put up with this kinda power on a heavy hit out of the gate. I'd do the exact same thing if I were to go to the track. That MPH is the indicator that the car is good for a sub 12.50 ET with relative ease infact 12.2's would be my guess in this kinda weather.

He is being smart and not leaving hard. He is in the same boat I am stock clutch that wont put up with this kinda power on a heavy hit out of the gate. I'd do the exact same thing if I were to go to the track. That MPH is the indicator that the car is good for a sub 12.50 ET with relative ease infact 12.2's would be my guess in this kinda weather.

Well said John! And if I can just get staged shortly after starting up, I would have had a few more mph in it, I was running 2-3* less advance, which is alot.

But I used the performance of the other cars that night in the same conditions, as a yardstick, and I was glad I was able to stay within striking distance of a V10 M5, and pull on a previous gen M5:icon_mrgr !

i guess who ever is running this has work to do,

i will quote myself

Actually, even beng stock, you could be running 1.8xx 60' times, which would drop you into the 13s, probably 13.8x or so, and maybe a 13.7x with good weather and a good run.

Ron

Actually, even beng stock, you could be running 1.8xx 60' times, which would drop you into the 13s, probably 13.8x or so, and maybe a 13.7x with good weather and a good run.

i know, 1st time at the track with an awd car=slower 60' times

uppipe, downpipe, K&N drop-in filter, TDC stg II - 18.5 psi

great launches, cold weather, great shifting. I was impressed with his driving (though I was not IN the car - I could tell he was not rocking a lot on shifts... and the shifts were great).

edmundu great HP there ! dude 112 MPH!!! ballz! Are you not gripping well? do you chirp tires from 1st to second? shift points? I know you can get into 12s.

I just realized something. 12.8 is around what a stage sti would run if i'm not mistaken. Thats great.

trabbic, those are awesome numbers! I can't wait til the track opens next season, hope to have a TMIC and retune from TDC. I'd really like to hit LOW 13's or squeak by with a 12.999 LOL! i notice with the cold air right now my car just PULLS!
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

trabbic, those are awesome numbers! I can't wait til the track opens next season, hope to have a TMIC and retune from TDC. I'd really like to hit LOW 13's or squeak by with a 12.999 LOL! i notice with the cold air right now my car just PULLS!

Thanks, yeah the cold weather helps a LOT. Wait a sec, your in ALASKA, its always cold up there! :lol:

Archived