LegacyGT.com

*** Official LegacyGT.com 1320 List ***

j.reed

that little bumble bee honda was gaining on me. i was worried he was going to overtake me with that high pitched whine! :( and since i have a 5EAT, all i could do was stand on the gas! and wish the best of luck. my launch was pretty good, but not my best. my best 60' time was 1.8570 and 13.6641@98.25. Once I get a TMIC, I'll go back one last time for a run. I don't want to blow my tranny with a hard torque launch so we'll see if my numbers improve or not. I've already received many firm lectures about torque braking by my husband (service advisor) and the head technician at Subie.
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply
that little bumble bee honda was gaining on me. i was worried he was going to overtake me with that high pitched whine! :( and since i have a 5EAT, all i could do was stand on the gas! and wish the best of luck. my launch was pretty good, but not my best. my best 60' time was 1.8570 and 13.6641@98.25. Once I get a TMIC, I'll go back one last time for a run. I don't want to blow my tranny with a hard torque launch so we'll see if my numbers improve or not. I've already received many firm lectures about torque braking by my husband (service advisor) and the head technician at Subie.

Synthetic tranny fluid, and a very aggressive brake torque would not worry me, just don't do it for long. (stage, brake torque for minimum time required to get rpm up as high as she will go, and let'er rip) To my knowledge no one here has had problems with their 5EAT at the track. Just don't do it back to bakc, let the car cool by driving it around a little.

ha ha. so i shouldn't just get back in line and run right after again?? great thing about the track here, hardly ever huge line ups til late in the day and by then, the car's super hot and I park it. I can get about 5-10 runs right after the gate opens, i go thru tech and no one is there. plus, air is cooler so i usually can get better times once I remember how to stage and launch!

i would love to have a 12 sec 5EAT, but not sure if that will ever happen.... we'll see.

ha ha. so i shouldn't just get back in line and run right after again?? great thing about the track here, hardly ever huge line ups til late in the day and by then, the car's super hot and I park it. I can get about 5-10 runs right after the gate opens, i go thru tech and no one is there. plus, air is cooler so i usually can get better times once I remember how to stage and launch!

i would love to have a 12 sec 5EAT, but not sure if that will ever happen.... we'll see.

I see you have my 5EAT TDC dyno graph on your site... :)

lol. well, people ask about it all the time. i say somewhere about there give or take. we don't have a dyno up here so it's butt dyno for us. and i have gtech rr, but can't seem to get it to calibrate correctly. gives me all kinds of wierd numbers. :(

lol. well, people ask about it all the time. i say somewhere about there give or take. we don't have a dyno up here so it's butt dyno for us. and i have gtech rr, but can't seem to get it to calibrate correctly. gives me all kinds of wierd numbers. :(

Try interpolating data-logs for performace measure. Just log speed vs time.

I have a perrin fmic. I also had extra wieght in my car this time. I had an extra person (150) and 2 diamond audio 12" subs and 3 amplifiers along with my xbox in the trunk. This was at 17psi cause when trying to run 21 psi it was to much power for my clutch to handle. I have the mts clutch setup on order so that should help.

I have a perrin fmic. I also had extra wieght in my car this time. I had an extra person (150) and 2 diamond audio 12" subs and 3 amplifiers along with my xbox in the trunk. This was at 17psi cause when trying to run 21 psi it was to much power for my clutch to handle. I have the mts clutch setup on order so that should help.

Why in the world would you run your car with an extra person? Lose the extra body! It will also ease the load on the clutch on the launch. The lighter the car the easier it is on the drivetrain overall. losing a couple mph on top from the extra weight as well car could have gone low 12.5's so with a good 60' on a better clutch yep 12.2's are waiting for you.

Why in the world would you run your car with an extra person? Lose the extra body! It will also ease the load on the clutch on the launch. The lighter the car the easier it is on the drivetrain overall. losing a couple mph on top from the extra weight as well car could have gone low 12.5's so with a good 60' on a better clutch yep 12.2's are waiting for you.

I had a friend want to take video from the inside of the car. I will probably let another friend drive the car next time. I wiegh 300lb and he is about 150 so that should help out a bit. I also have very little suspension mods done...H-techs. so you can imagine the massive body squat and front end lift.

^ I saw that on NASIOC. I thought you were stock and was like :eek:

Yea it was fun for a while ! I never said I was stock anywhere :)

RiftsWRX (Jorge) asked me at the track wheather I had a exhaust and I told him it was the stock exhaust but I failed to let on the DP was gutted. :hide:

I had a friend want to take video from the inside of the car. I will probably let another friend drive the car next time. I wiegh 300lb and he is about 150 so that should help out a bit. I also have very little suspension mods done...H-techs. so you can imagine the massive body squat and front end lift.

get a car mount our tape your camera to the headrest! LOL

yes, i like to offer my services to fellow racers at the track if they want me to drive their car. :lol: i am only 5'2" and weigh 118 lbs.... but i'm told i scare people when i drive.

• 2 weeks later...
.....Trabbic where you at? Waiting for you to post your times from tonight!!!!

totally badass runs and great launches, on a not so good track. I was very impressed, along with all the guys around me.

My bad, fiancee needed attention... ;)

Trabbic / 12.83@ 106.4mph / 1.86 60' / Milan, MI/ 5MT / 2005 LGT Sedan / Cobb DP, Cobb UP, TDC e-Tune, K&N Panel/ 42f / 11/1/06

Leaky up pipe, not the best track, last I heard known for slow times, but tonight it was fast for me...

Stock turbo, stock top mount, stock headers, stock springs, stock clutch, and re-92's.

scan of the slip to follow, however CasopoliS was there... EDIT: Time slip below...

Also, I ran a 13.7 @100 in 95 degree weather (no UP pipe, same tune), so weather makes a HUGE difference. Tonight had a couple 13.0's easy...

no joke his car was like a rocket. the re92's loved him that night, they performed very well. his car loves him, that thing pulls very well for the mods it has... it always suprizes me when I am in it. I have ridden in both Trabbic's car and Ballrocks car - ballrock has tmic and headers on top of stg II - and I think the cars pull about the same on the highway.

I guess that puts Trabbic in 5th place..... now I know what to beat in the spring.

Wow is that is one of (or the fastest) stock turbo times i have seen. Actually one of the fastest times i have seen with the least mods.

Yeah, I am surprised there are only 10 cars now in the 12's, I think that people just haven't been to the track.

Like I said, I ran a couple of 13.0's right when I got there, so I knew that a 12 was in the cards.

BTW, there has been some discussion about shift rpm, my shift points (calculated as optimum from my dyno numbers & gearing) have been:

1-2: 7000

2-3: 6600

2-4: 6100

Those shift locations netted me the 13.0's, but when I ran the 12.8 I was racing an 11 second camaro, and was not paying attention to my rpm, and so I shifted out of 3rd at 6600...

I don't think that short shifting this car is always the way to go, remember we loose the mechanical advantage of the lower gear when we shift.

Archived