LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 5th gen today?? -V4

Took my 10 LGT to the dealership to have my ebrake and airbag recalls done. I asked for a loaner for the day and dude comes out with a 14. I'm like dude I own one of those I really wanted a outback, but whatever. Things I noticed right away was the lack of power [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]. My thought the whole time driving was ,"OMG I've been reduced down to a lowly NA." LOL. Other things are it does ride stiffer compares to my 10, mine has about 62k miles and the loaner had about 50k so pretty close to milage on the suspension. And the CVT is LOUD, I mean I don't think I could live with it loud.

I had an 01 outback and that thing had wind noise, exhaust leak, the stereo never could turn off all the way, basically that car always had some kind of noise and the CVT was worse than that.

Of course here's me also thinking if take the loaner to my cousin's house (she has a 12 legacy) swap out the headlights and front bumper from the loaner to hers and bring the loaner back, would the dealer ship notice? Then of course I would be putting the loaner parts onto my car lol. bc3589de1111674e3140cad8386d59c6.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I haven't driven an MT for these models, so I don't have a true frame of reference. But I don't think its too bad...? My 13 has a pretty loud whine when cold at ~15-20mph, but other than that, it's much quieter than my older MT was - especially at speed (wind/road noise aside). Absolutely true about the gutless feel but have pity on us "lowly" NA plebs! :icon_frow

I'm not going to touch your foray into petty theft. :lol:

Took my 10 LGT to the dealership to have my ebrake and airbag recalls done. I asked for a loaner for the day and dude comes out with a 14. I'm like dude I own one of those I really wanted a outback, but whatever. Things I noticed right away was the lack of power [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]. My thought the whole time driving was ,"OMG I've been reduced down to a lowly NA." LOL. Other things are it does ride stiffer compares to my 10, mine has about 62k miles and the loaner had about 50k so pretty close to milage on the suspension. And the CVT is LOUD, I mean I don't think I could live with it loud.

I had an 01 outback and that thing had wind noise, exhaust leak, the stereo never could turn off all the way, basically that car always had some kind of noise and the CVT was worse than that.

Of course here's me also thinking if take the loaner to my cousin's house (she has a 12 legacy) swap out the headlights and front bumper from the loaner to hers and bring the loaner back, would the dealer ship notice? Then of course I would be putting the loaner parts onto my car lol. bc3589de1111674e3140cad8386d59c6.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

LMAO I'd be curious to see if they would notice you'd swapped the parts :lol:

Installed the front kart boy links today. I had bought the KB-017WLS Spacers thinking they were .5” but they were actually .25”. Had to use the .5” spacers that came with the rear links and 2 .25” spacers stacked together on each side to get the right thickness. The front feels great , torqued the links to 45 ft-lbs per Tom @ kartboy’s recommendation. The car vibrates a little when I make a left or right turn , will this go away with time ?

Also, does anyone have the correct part number for .5” spacers? I will need them for the rear link installation and also will want to replace the .25” Stacked spacers I used in the front with one .5”565bd54f81f0147a108293cf1c360430.jpg

Edited by Niko0422

Lubed the starter and clutch fork pivot. This is the second time I have done this in a year. At least they are somewhat easy to get to except for the bottom bolt on the starter. My inspection camera really helped on that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Installed the Black JDM folding center console today. It came with the center-location parking brake switch, which I plan to use eventually, but I have nothing to wire it to at the moment, so I swapped back to my base model cup. Very happy with it, I like the black a lot and it looks really nice in the interior. The folding cover matches the door in the center dash as well, looks cohesive. And my Wangan cup mats finally fit. :)

vtEJ5rl.jpg

6yEFEHO.jpg

sGsmSeP.jpg

8tWvgOR.jpg

BHwgont.jpg

Z4nx3SI.gif

aJswMPg.jpg

Installed the Black JDM folding center console today. It came with the center-location parking brake switch, which I plan to use eventually, but I have nothing to wire it to at the moment, so I swapped back to my base model cup. Very happy with it, I like the black a lot and it looks really nice in the interior. The folding cover matches the door in the center dash as well, looks cohesive. And my Wangan cup mats finally fit. :)

vtEJ5rl.jpg

6yEFEHO.jpg

sGsmSeP.jpg

8tWvgOR.jpg

BHwgont.jpg

Z4nx3SI.gif

aJswMPg.jpg

Neat!

What is the button with 3 falling banana peels for?

EDIT: and is that a JDM part? Arent the PRND markings and manual gate on the other side for those? Or is the shifter surround removable and you just swap yours in?

Edited by Scubaboo

Neat!

What is the button with 3 falling banana peels for?

EDIT: and is that a JDM part? Arent the PRND markings and manual gate on the other side for those? Or is the shifter surround removable and you just swap yours in?

The banana peels are to drop bananas of course! Haha, they're just a sticker, it's a Mario Kart reference. Thought it'd be fun to do with a blank.

And the shifter bezel, you just swap in your existing one. The JDM one also has the gate for manual mode on the other side.

Started cutting the KYB donors apart after work yesterday. Drained the fluid and got one cut apart before I had to head home (doing it at the shop after everyone headed out). Not too bad, but have to take your time on getting a good cut line started with the pipe cutter.

Started cutting the KYB donors apart after work yesterday. Drained the fluid and got one cut apart before I had to head home (doing it at the shop after everyone headed out). Not too bad, but have to take your time on getting a good cut line started with the pipe cutter.

It was difficult for me to start cutting into a perfectly good strut, when I did mine. I always have that feeling when modding something that is perfectly fine on it's own, but I can't leave it alone.:)

I noticed when I did mine that the pipe cutter mushroomed the cut end a bit. I just filed it down till it was flush with the inner wall of the shock tube.

Hurry up and get it done, so we can have some pics!!

The banana peels are to drop bananas of course! Haha, they're just a sticker, it's a Mario Kart reference. Thought it'd be fun to do with a blank.

And the shifter bezel, you just swap in your existing one. The JDM one also has the gate for manual mode on the other side.

Lulz, looks pretty darn OE! I totally missed the Mario Kart reference!

Thanks for the info on the bezel, I was wondering if it could be swapped out since I never see them separate, it's always panel with the bezel.

It was difficult for me to start cutting into a perfectly good strut, when I did mine. I always have that feeling when modding something that is perfectly fine on it's own, but I can't leave it alone.:)

I noticed when I did mine that the pipe cutter mushroomed the cut end a bit. I just filed it down till it was flush with the inner wall of the shock tube.

Hurry up and get it done, so we can have some pics!!

Hopfully finish up the gutting and grinding after work. Ran into a bit of a snafu with the cut length, but gteaser is helping out.

Hopfully finish up the gutting and grinding after work. Ran into a bit of a snafu with the cut length, but gteaser is helping out.

Found out yesterday that you are supposed to measure down from the bottom of the cap. The HF pipe cutter I bought is on the bulky side so I cut as far down as I could on the second strut. I then took both down closer to 12" (inside measurement) with a flap disk on a grinder. Will get them down to 11 7/8" with our big belt sander today. This has been a learning experience. Thank again to gteaser for all the help.

Lulz, looks pretty darn OE! I totally missed the Mario Kart reference!

Thanks for the info on the bezel, I was wondering if it could be swapped out since I never see them separate, it's always panel with the bezel.

Every piece of the center console is held on with screws on the back, so the shifter bezel, the cup/seat switch/parking brake switch panel, and even the cup holders can all be removed. The middle switch cups seem to be interchangeable and the shifter bezels are all the same size as long as it's either AT or MT. AT & MT are a different shape shifter opening in the console, so MT need a different console bezel, which is much rarer than the AT version.

Edited by Humble Rumble

Every piece of the center console is held on with screws on the back, so the shifter bezel, the cup/seat switch/parking brake switch panel, and even the cup holders can all be removed. The middle switch cups seem to be interchangeable and the shifter bezels are all the same size as long as it's either AT or MT. AT & MT are a different shape shifter opening in the console, so MT need a different console bezel, which is much rarer than the AT version.

Good to know we can mix and match what we need. I wish the ac vent panel was similar but it has that little tab that mates with the cluster hood. Almost bought a rhd panel before I caught that!