LegacyGT.com

5th Gen Ownership - Official Random Thoughts Thread - V3

I can get some pics and measurements. I dont have extra money to have more sets made, if I did, sure thing. After mine are made it will give a better idea of cost.

If the price isn't outrageous, I would prepay no problem. If you wouldn't mind talking with the shop and getting an estimated price, or Pm me the contact info for the shop and I will ask them directly. I would completely understand if they aren't comfortable putting this on the market, but I figured it was worth asking.

Honestly a single set would be all that is needed for us to find a fabricator willing to make them up.

Edited by FLlegacy

Honestly a single set would be all that is needed for us to find a fabricator willing to make them up.

That's the manifold for me. Need a spare to send to fab guy to make me/us one and 900+beans. Trans let go so this took priority.

I will ask about him for you no worries.

Wish the same for the fabled ETS manifold for our cars. Priced high but it was mint. People complained about the price ,only a few bought it and they destroyed the jig so no more. Same money now will get customized header and ewg made. Since no current item is available I'm not sure what constitues outrageous. Over 1500? Under 500? Parts and labor time will make the cost. I will be biting a huge chunk for r&d so your cost if he makes them will be less.

Trust me. I know this can be a big thing for us. 1 guy did it and we have no info on dimensions and its gone sold. Same with another guy that had the ets. Sold it with the car. Running out of current members that are willing to take it this far. How many actually want that 400+whp? To have a real legacy sti?

You forgot the vote part. Lol!

Haha, guess I got a little excited and forgot the yays and nays...:)

So if there are more brackets made, does that mean you want to do the same?

I'm creeping on 400whp with my new set up and I imagine that means things will only continue to wear out, so I would like a solution to it before I get there.

If they aren't too ridiculous of price, I would be in on a set of mounts too.

When I first got to this place I wouldn't have imagined you all could enable me to this point with my car...;)

That's the manifold for me. Need a spare to send to fab guy to make me/us one and 900+beans. Trans let go so this took priority.

I will ask about him for you no worries.

Wish the same for the fabled ETS manifold for our cars. Priced high but it was mint. People complained about the price ,only a few bought it and they destroyed the jig so no more. Same money now will get customized header and ewg made. Since no current item is available I'm not sure what constitues outrageous. Over 1500? Under 500? Parts and labor time will make the cost. I will be biting a huge chunk for r&d so your cost if he makes them will be less.

Trust me. I know this can be a big thing for us. 1 guy did it and we have no info on dimensions and its gone sold. Same with another guy that had the ets. Sold it with the car. Running out of current members that are willing to take it this far. How many actually want that 400+whp? To have a real legacy sti?

There is a guy that has a hookup on custom headers for our car. I know it's over $1k, but for custom work with choice of flanges it's worth it if there are no better options. I think his username is Rikgt.

My car is at 90k miles, so I am keeping an open mind about the future, lol. But my plan is a stage 2 block and when that comes up the sti trans wont be far behind.

Outrageous at this point would be $1k, unless it is some really nice subframe type piece that is powdercoated.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Sorry for the delay. The pink license plate frame is for breast cancer that was put on from the dealership. It will be remove one of these days. I'm debating if I want to get the (2) front window tinted 20% or stick with no tint.

1793124600_IMG_1389-50.thumb.jpg.7531a026a046b068276bcccdf091978b.jpg

Edited by amusa

Sorry for the delay. The pink license plate frame is for breast cancer that was put on from the dealership. It will be remove one of these days. I'm debating if I want to get the (2) front window tinted 20% or stick with no tint.

Personally I would match the front window tint with the rear windows (assuming those are tinted).

Personally I would match the front window tint with the rear windows (assuming those are tinted).

you miss out on that sweet, sweet japanese street cred if you don't leave the front windows fishbowled and the rears tinted. in your german SUV that is most definitely important...right?

Edited by creep_nu

Well looks like my in-laws finally joined the Subaru club, they signed the papers on a 2020 Ascent Limited this evening. Funny part is me being an ambassador and having owned 5 Subarus they never even hinted at one, then last week my father-in-law decided he had had enough of his explorer. And driving my wife's Ascent whenever they go out was enough to convince him it was what he wanted.

Nice on the new Subaru owners. We were super close in getting my in-laws to go for an Outback, but they live around 1 1/2 hours from the closest dealer. They ended up going with a Sorento.

I applied a while back to be an ambassador, but was not approved for some reason. Maybe now that we are on number 5 they might change their mind.

Nice on the new Subaru owners. We were super close in getting my in-laws to go for an Outback, but they live around 1 1/2 hours from the closest dealer. They ended up going with a Sorento.

I applied a while back to be an ambassador, but was not approved for some reason. Maybe now that we are on number 5 they might change their mind.

We drove almost that long to get theirs but that is also where my wife and I purchased ours so it wasn't for no reason.

As far as the ambassador program, there isn't a surefire way to get in. My understanding is they look for multiple social media accounts as well as lots of activity. I do sometimes scratch my head as to how I got chosen, I am only on FB and the various forums. Maybe my region was really lacking in people.

I slowly am and have won her over I think. She wanted a cool grey khaki Crosstrek for such a long time and then decided not to. Now she likes the 18-19 legacy because we had an 18 limited as a rental and she was a big fan. We'll see how a 3.6r compares to the new XT. I still am fighting the urge to not go get the new outback. Like big time