LegacyGT.com

Car traded-in for this Legacy

sold my 1998 VW Passat 1.8t was fun to drive, especially after the mild mods. a VERY unreliable car though Initially i loved the passat, but by the end I hated it and the local VW dealers. I love the subie so far and hope she's not like the passat it had: GIAC chip Eibach Springs Bilsteins S4 intercooler vent 17x7" wheels

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think thats basically everyone's experience with VW/Audi's--love them at first, then come to hate the lousy dealers when they become super unreliable nightmares. At some point they will run out of new customers and be hard pressed to stay in business...

• 1 year later...
I will be trading in my 04 baja turbo with 56k on it. long story, but will be a lot happier in the LGT limited sedan.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

[quote name='firedawgs']Moral of the story: Be very careful of aftermarket add on or upgrades. Unless you want to void you warranty. [B][U]My plans, a air panel filter and downpipe; thats it[/U][/B].[/quote] :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Famous last words! I sold a 2001 Acura TL (with only one tranny replacement!) for my LGT.

Never traded, but got tired of reliability issues with my dsm (thats what i get for trying to make a drag car out of a daily driver) and pulled the trigger. 9 months later, I have thought about trading in the LGT but everytime I drive something else I remember why I bought the legacy. Not the best car in any area, but the best combination of everything. That at least fit my needs AWD, fun to drive, decent power and handling, under 35k new or used.

Don't own a Legacy yet but waiting for an 07' model with the rumored improvements. Will be trading/selling a 01' Prelude that I bought new and have alot of mods on. Still fighting myself whether its worthwhile to trade-in a car that's been perfectly reliable over the years, albeit grown out of, for a new car that suits my current needs/desires more. The downside is obviously the depreciation value on both the prelude and leggy.

I traded my 2002 Ford SVT Focus. Only owned it for 23 months and 11,000 miles, but the Ford dealer sucked big time. It was in there weekly, mainly because they kept f-ing up the repairs. Love, love, love the 2005 GT wagon, but nothing handled like the SVT -- so light and nimble, and glued to the road.

[quote name='typeSpeed']'02 Acura [I]RSX -[COLOR=red]S[/COLOR][/I][/QUOTE] How would you compare the handling and power of the Type-S to the LGT, stock? Does the LGT feel alot bigger/heavier? I have a Prelude which is very similar in most ways to your S, very curious to see what your likes/dislikes are switching to the LGT. thx

Archived