LegacyGT.com

Car traded-in for this Legacy

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote name='ncretter']1991 Mazda Protege DX pssh, what's with all you guys trading in these nice, new cars?[/quote] Either they've got an addiction, or just can't do the math. Hey, I can't be TOO self-righteous, I've only kept the last 2 cars 4 yrs each, that's not THAT much smarter (financially) than flipping one every year. Still, both on here and on VW Vortex I marvel and the amount of cash that gets thrown at new-car depreciation by the enthusiast crowd.

In the first twenty years I owned cars, I never kept one longer than three years, I had 16 cars over 20 years. About 50-50 new-used. Back then, cars were more than just transportation, they were also a hobby, and more of my disposable income went to vehicles (and motorcycles). Depreciation is just the cost of enjoting the automotive hobby. They are still a hobby, but I'm not as willing to throw $$$ at them, so I keep them longer and do less to them.
Ron

Dumped a 99 Passat wagon 1.8T for the 2006 Legacy 2.5i wagon. VW too much repair... and the best of all, get this, when I asked the VW service tech about reliability, he leaned over and said very quietly, "if you want reliability get a Japanese make". The Subaru dealer I bought from was directly across the street. I did my web shopping and made one phone call to the Subaru sales manager (to avoid having to pay any salesman a commission)... Who should have got the commission was that VW service tech. Happy choice. Scott

02 Nissan Altima SE Was lowered, catback, WAI, lots of other stuff. It got old real quick, scrapping everything, not being able to go thru car washes etc. [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v104/Fenderbird/Car/thqu.jpg[/IMG] I got the outback because it reminded me of one of my favorite previous cars. The first generation Volvo Cross Country Turbo wagon. Best seats I ever had. Loved the car but had a lot of electronic problems.

[quote name='rporter']^^^^ Couldn't help but nottice the irony between your previous vehicle and your sig line!! :icon_mrgr[/quote] Yea... Aint it great... Soccer mom van FTW... It even had a sticker on the back that said "Chick Magnet"... It still didnt work... The only good thing about it was that I could use the seat in the back as a couch while I waited for my furniture.
If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

Archived