LegacyGT.com

Car traded-in for this Legacy

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2004 Subaru WRX wagon, java black pearl, 22K miles. Upgrades were: 2.5" catback w/ removed resonator Samco radiator hoses Samco intercooler pipes AEM CAI 18MM rear swaybar end links grounding kit STi short throw shifter, w/ kartboy bushings Silverstar lights intercooler splitter Momo shift knob crossbars auto dimming mirror arm rest extension Pioneer Premier 750 radio XM radio Polk Momo front and rear speakers

2000 GT wagon, before that 1998 GT Wagon. My 05 GT Wagon has 2700 miles on it. Still have the smile when I drive it.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

2002 Audi A4 1.8t sport, xenon, heated butts, premium, cold and bose packages. The Leggacy had a better fit for my job and it rides better than the Audi. Interior is better, seats (leather) are better and hopefully the reliability will be better.

Not traided, but sold to a co-worker a day after buying the GT LTD. 1991 Subaru Legacy L Sedan, 165000 miles on it, that I bought new as my first car. The GT is my second car.

[quote name='wunderkind']Wow, it seemed like you did alot on your WRX firedawg. Why the change so soon?[/quote] The short story: I got a vacuum lock in the radiator hoses and it put a small crack in the head gasket. Subaru would not warranty the work, because of aftermarket stuff on the car. The cost would have $2800. I ended up putting in some Subaru sealant to the coolant and all was well. I was not going to live that knowing there was a problem down the road. Number 2: I was hit in a parking lot (fender/bender) two times. I was not even inside the car at the times. I fixed the first dent, but not the second. I traded it in with the second dent totally noticeable; which would have cost $1200 to fix. I also had 22K miles on it already. I think I came out in the end to get a brand new car, with more horsey, more bells and whistles and the doulble plus, the added security maintenance program free for 3 years 36000. Moral of the story: Be very careful of aftermarket add on or upgrades. Unless you want to void you warranty. My plans, a air panel filter and downpipe; thats it.

Archived