LegacyGT.com

JDM EJ25 swap and mini build in Canadian 2011 LGT

Becks, thanks a lot for clearing all that up!

Exactly, if ever I retrofit the cooler I'll do it at t-belt time. Also gives me time to get all the parts together.

I'm in Asia so my car came with the JDM engine. It's a lot hotter here so I wonder why the left the cooler out for this region.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Becks, thanks a lot for clearing all that up!

Exactly, if ever I retrofit the cooler I'll do it at t-belt time. Also gives me time to get all the parts together.

I'm in Asia so my car came with the JDM engine. It's a lot hotter here so I wonder why the left the cooler out for this region.

You could always run a rad style oil cooler. Just mount it in the front mouth of your bumper .

You could always run a rad style oil cooler. Just mount it in the front mouth of your bumper .

Yup thats an option. Those are kinda pricey though. The USDM setup looks like a really good deal especially if you can offset the cost of the water pump and by doing it at t-belt time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I saw your post that they scratched up your rims, good to see they will be replacing them!

Can you describe the difference that big honking rear swaybar makes in terms of before/after? I've only ever done shocks and springs at most with my cars.

I saw your post that they scratched up your rims, good to see they will be replacing them!

Can you describe the difference that big honking rear swaybar makes in terms of before/after? I've only ever done shocks and springs at most with my cars.

The difference is obviously while turning. No impact to ride quality at all.

The car doesn't want to understeer anymore. The backend feels way more planted and it follows the front end through the corner now, not trail behind.

The car feels 100% better and way more confidence inspiring while cornering, even at lower speeds.

Definitely a must have upgrade! You can even buy 20mm OEM Subaru rear sway bars on eBay for dirt cheap. They will be a huge improvement over our stock 16mm rear sway bar.

Hope that helps!

The difference is obviously while turning. No impact to ride quality at all.

The car doesn't want to understeer anymore. The backend feels way more planted and it follows the front end through the corner now, not trail behind.

The car feels 100% better and way more confidence inspiring while cornering, even at lower speeds.

Definitely a must have upgrade! You can even buy 20mm OEM Subaru rear sway bars on eBay for dirt cheap. They will be a huge improvement over our stock 16mm rear sway bar.

Hope that helps!

It does, thanks!

The JDM suspension is already plenty stiff and less understeer is maybe what I need to get that "tossable" feeling I had with my old Forester SG.

Oh, which model Subaru has those 20mm swaybars that fit our Legacies? Probably one of the STI's?

It does, thanks!

The JDM suspension is already plenty stiff and less understeer is maybe what I need to get that "tossable" feeling I had with my old Forester SG.

Oh, which model Subaru has those 20mm swaybars that fit our Legacies? Probably one of the STI's?

Specifically the 15+ STI rear sway bar, the VA chassis. I'm not sure if the part numbers would be commutable across markets, but at least for the USDM cars, it's part # 20451VA000 with 2x bushings part # 20464VA000. Verify that part number with STis in your region though, can't imagine it would be much different.

Specifically the 15+ STI rear sway bar, the VA chassis. I'm not sure if the part numbers would be commutable across markets, but at least for the USDM cars, it's part # 20451VA000 with 2x bushings part # 20464VA000. Verify that part number with STis in your region though, can't imagine it would be much different.

The +15 WRX also uses the same sway bar.

HR, thanks! Usually the part numbers are the same, I ordered a lot of parts for my SG9 in CONUS and they all matched up. Some parts installed here are different from there, but the part numbers are different too.

Dgoodhue, thanks for the additional info! I hope I luck into someone who upgraded their sways.

Hard to notice on the dark car, but looks great close-up. The angle you chose for it looks perfect.
Thanks Humble . I noticed it's hard to see on my car but I actually kind of like that it's hard to point out. That means it just doesn't look out of place !

• 2 weeks later...

Had to go out today to buy new wheels and rubber. I was in the dumps about my first wheel choice not fitting over the Brembo's . I'm glad they didn't in the end!

This is exactly how I pictured my car when I bought it 4 years ago. I'm blown away!!

Niche Form M157 19x8.5 40et

General G max 235/35/19

c2ab1501f689e07dd605b5e81eea9c8d.jpg

Had to go out today to buy new wheels and rubber. I was in the dumps about my first wheel choice not fitting over the Brembo's . I'm glad they didn't in the end!

This is exactly how I pictured my car when I bought it 4 years ago. I'm blown away!!

Niche Form M157 19x8.5 40et

General G max 235/35/19

c2ab1501f689e07dd605b5e81eea9c8d.jpg

That looks badass!

Archived