LegacyGT.com

JDM EJ25 swap and mini build in Canadian 2011 LGT

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got word yesterday from the shop that the engine is being reassembled. Heads were machined, valve job was completed and the cams are installed.

Today they should be pulling my old engine , installing my gauges and some other items and of all goes well I'll have her back in my hands Friday!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

The oil cooler bit is great! When I was having my timing belt and pulleys changed the shop could not find a water pump that matched. He kept saying I have an extra outlet hanging off of mine that wasn't on any of the ones he ordered. I am going to call him to tell him it's for the built in oil cooler. Great thread, congratulations on the kid, and I can't wait to see this car come together. Maybe it'll be his first car?

The oil cooler bit is great! When I was having my timing belt and pulleys changed the shop could not find a water pump that matched. He kept saying I have an extra outlet hanging off of mine that wasn't on any of the ones he ordered. I am going to call him to tell him it's for the built in oil cooler. Great thread, congratulations on the kid, and I can't wait to see this car come together. Maybe it'll be his first car?

The water pump for 2010-2012 Legacy Gt's is unique to those years. None of the normal turbo water pumps work because those have a barb instead of the outlet hole the 5th gen uses due to the low mount turbo.

Thanks buddy!! Glad I could help.

Could possibly be his first car :) The Leggy will be around for a long time now after the build. I have other build plans for in in the next couple years as well. She may retire from my daily one day... Not for a long while though!

Facts!

Surprised about the oil cooler though. I thought this was shared with other models. The pipe from the water pump towards the oil cooler, before the hose section, I'm not surprised is backordered.

Hmmm I asked the parts guy if I could use another oil cooler (08+ STi) he said that it was model specific.

Hmmm I asked the parts guy if I could use another oil cooler (08+ STi) he said that it was model specific.

Get a custom one.... put the cooler in front of the radiator. I think someone here has done this already.

It's a different part number because barbs are slightly differently angled but it could most likely be used. I haven't done it myself but the pictures look pretty similar and there's enough room imo.

I MISS MY CAR.

Driving my wife's RVR (Outlander Sport) isn't cutting it. [emoji879]

Praying this oil cooler comes in tomorrow morning. This SHOULD be our last delay. I hope to have her back by Monday of next week.

Stu and I feel your pain :lol:

Something tells me that s2baru had to replace his oil cooler and he did use a 08+ STi one.

I have the JDM STI 12mm pump but not an external oil cooler. One of the Aussie guys that went fmic put an oil or trans cooler in place of his tmic though

I have the JDM STI 12mm pump but not an external oil cooler. One of the Aussie guys that went fmic put an oil or trans cooler in place of his tmic though

No, the one that goes between the block and the oil filter. I remember that you were having a leak from that area. Was it just a seal, or did you replace the entire OEM cooler.

This guy. https://parts.subaru.com/p/Subaru_2010_Legacy-GT-Premium-Sedan-25L-TURBO-6MT-4WD/OIL-COOLER-COMPLETE/49231153/21311AA160.html

https://parts.subaru.com/a/Subaru_2010_Legacy-GT-Premium-Sedan-25L-TURBO-6MT-4WD/_54102_6027850/OIL-COOLER-ENGINE-10MY-12MY/B14-033-01.html

No, the one that goes between the block and the oil filter. I remember that you were having a leak from that area. Was it just a seal, or did you replace the entire OEM cooler.

This guy. https://parts.subaru.com/p/Subaru_2010_Legacy-GT-Premium-Sedan-25L-TURBO-6MT-4WD/OIL-COOLER-COMPLETE/49231153/21311AA160.html

https://parts.subaru.com/a/Subaru_2010_Legacy-GT-Premium-Sedan-25L-TURBO-6MT-4WD/_54102_6027850/OIL-COOLER-ENGINE-10MY-12MY/B14-033-01.html

That's the one

OEM oil cooler didn't come in today.

I inquired about an 08+ STi oil cooler, the warehouse has 87 in stock... DAMN IT! I could have my car back already if I just ordered the STi part.

I went ahead and ordered it in case the Legacy cooler is delayed again. It will be in tomorrow morning.

OEM oil cooler didn't come in today.

I inquired about an 08+ STi oil cooler, the warehouse has 87 in stock... DAMN IT! I could have my car back already if I just ordered the STi part.

I went ahead and ordered it in case the Legacy cooler is delayed again. It will be in tomorrow morning.

Maybe when the STi one comes in you can take a couple side by side pics with your stock one so we can see the differences in pipe nipple angle and location.

Archived