LegacyGT.com

JDM EJ25 swap and mini build in Canadian 2011 LGT

The build continues!!

Purchased a set of Injector Dynamics 1000cc Injectors to add before my retune.ba8b6c1cfb4e0ec63049f3a681625fe5.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

If anyone is wondering why I would upgrade the injectors on the stock turbo-

I have been data logging here and there and I am seeing my injector duty cycle approaching the mid 90's under wot. They are at that duty cycle and I'm not even hitting target boost levels somedays. (she was tuned at -30 celcius. Anything above -8c, the car adjusts and lowers target boost and open throttle % is increased).

I know the stock injectors are enough for the stock turbo but I think I am seeing my injectors approaching their limit so early because I am running the STi cams as well. So I can imagine that the stock injectors will be maxed out at target boost levels and with good summer gas.

These will give me piece of mind and I'm hoping to see better numbers when I get retuned in the spring. They should help take care of some of the knock we were getting at 18psi. Plus it's another step towards an upgraded turbo :)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woohoo! Picked up my Brembo's yesterday ! I can't believe the size of these things. Couple of comparison shots next to my big mitts.

I will taking them apart this weekend and I will be dropping them off at the powder coaters next week once I find the right color. I also have a rebuilt kit on order.

I also picked up a set of 5x100 Stoptech slotted rotors!

c6479245ad8086d880f53f41d2a69215.jpg87df50dbec2702d6ff2d2cbcccf33d54.jpg1e525f6ea25f7e12e4bf10bdec1fe594.jpg072416f03185109ecb00f1e265fae1bc.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Literally sitting here before I start my day at work and read the whole thread. Very awesome build and makes me jealous lol from the looks of it that car is way too much fun and can only get better.
Hey! Thanks a lot !! I appreciate the read and the kind words.

The car is loads of fun!!! I love it more everytime I drive it .

Good to see your build came together well, congrats!

You did so many things I am looking to do and I hope I can get some advice?

Soooo...I have a JDM engine too and I want to retrofit an oil cooler like you did. Can I do that with the JDM waterpump? And what needed to be done to get a return line from the cooler?

I'm hoping I dont need to change out the waterpump as I'm only at 45k km and I only want to go in there at timing belt time.

And you have Brembos under stock wheels! I thought that couldn't be done. Or are you running spacers? What kind if so? I already have aftermarket wheels that will clear but I have an OE wheel as a full sized spare so need to be ready for this when I put on Brembos.

Nice gains! So much to ask about but let's get the supporting mods out of the way first lol!

Brembos do require a spacer I believe. I am running a 25mm Perrin hub centric spacer and the fit and finish is top notch. There are definitely other brands out there with great quality as well. My guess is what you can get in your area of the world is what is going to be the limiting factor. Good luck with your build!

Thank you guys, for clearing up Brembos on the stockers!

I see spacers locally but most are no-names that aren't hubcentric.

I can get H&Rs, they have a local distributor, or I can order from CONUS if really needed. I'm already cruising NASIOC for Brembos for if the local deal I am looking at falls through. :p

Good to see your build came together well, congrats!

You did so many things I am looking to do and I hope I can get some advice?

Soooo...I have a JDM engine too and I want to retrofit an oil cooler like you did. Can I do that with the JDM waterpump? And what needed to be done to get a return line from the cooler?

I'm hoping I dont need to change out the waterpump as I'm only at 45k km and I only want to go in there at timing belt time.

And you have Brembos under stock wheels! I thought that couldn't be done. Or are you running spacers? What kind if so? I already have aftermarket wheels that will clear but I have an OE wheel as a full sized spare so need to be ready for this when I put on Brembos.

Nice gains! So much to ask about but let's get the supporting mods out of the way first lol!

Hey Scubaboo. Thanks for reading and reaching out !

You'll need to purchase an oil cooler for USDM and you will also need to purchase a USDM water pump as well. You are fairly close to the timing belt interval so just change the water pump, belt and accessories if you are wanting to add an oil cooler. As for the cooler return line you can just buy the line assembly from Subaru . It all comes together.

Also- if you still have your USDM engine you should swap over the oil pan and oil level sensor . They don't come on JDM engines.

As for the Brembo clearance . I am running 25mm hubsentric spacers in the front and 28mm hubsentric spacers in the rear (I think those are the sizes). They clear no problem!

Archived