LegacyGT.com

2019 Subaru Ascent Mid-sized SUV - True 3-row vehicle

SBT

Lol, I can vouch that those pics were taken near the lafayette factory because I recognize that stop light at the entrance ramp to I65. Dunno why they are still blacking out the emblems, its been released at the LA auto show so the public has seen it!

It's probably one of the test vehicles that shall be dismantled soon and it's just out on the road for some testing of real traffic situations. I wouldn't be surprised if they hunt a glitch related to eyesight.

Swapping emblems is pretty low on the priority for test vehicles.

453747.png

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd think all the crashing is done by now. Too little time to address whatever would come out before the release.

If anything they are probably just finishing the logistics, training employees at the SIA and setting tooling and doing small pilot runs. This is likely where this Ascent originated from.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

The dimensional measures are fairly consistent, but the Oddity is longer, while the Ascent may have more headroom, but truly has more ground clearance.

2019 Subaru Ascent Exterior Dimensions

198.8" L x 78.3" W x 72.4" H on a 117" wheelbase with 8.7" of ground clearance

2018 Honda Odyssey Exterior Dimensions

203″ L x 79″ W x 68-70″ H on a 118.1" wheelbase with 6" of ground clearance

Edited by SBT
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

The dimensional measures are fairly consistent, but the Oddity is longer, while the Ascent may have more headroom, but truly has more ground clearance.

2019 Subaru Ascent Exterior Dimensions

198.8" L x 78.3" W x 72.4" H on a 117" wheelbase with 8.7" of ground clearance

2018 Honda Odyssey Exterior Dimensions

203″ L x 79″ W x 68-70″ H on a 118.1" wheelbase with 6" of ground clearance

I think that ground clearance on the odyssey is generous, lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

They need to get a web designer that can make the presentation work in more than Internet Explorer though.

Works in Chrome on Ubuntu.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Well, I'm guessing it's got more in it, they just derated it to save the transmission. 277 lb-ft (the torque figure on the website) converts to 375 N-m, which is a pretty round number. Sounds an awful lot like a certain 2010-2012 model that was rated at 258 lb-ft (aka a nice, round 350 N-m) out of the factory, and was capable of more like 350 lb-ft with nothing more than a couple more pounds of boost in it.

I find it hard to believe that Cobb would give this vehicle the time of day, but if the 2.4DIT ends up in an STI at some point, it's a pretty safe bet that open source tuning would be an option. Parts availability would skyrocket, too- sorta like how we 5th-gen folks can use a few things from the '15+ WRX, only more.

Uh ... share the comparisons! Because that sounds like it should be good in the segment it's sitting in except for the Explorer with the 3.5 Liter Twin Turbo. No?

2018 odyssey 0-60 6.5 seconds...pacifica 7.5s sienna 7.5s highlander 7.2s

It's not bad, but hopefully we can make it better, lol.

I'm thinking an optioned-out Limited as I'm not sold on the electronics package in the Touring - though I do like the JBLeather seats.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I read the review in the new Motor Trend they gave a 7.3 0-60 time which sounded good until I saw some comparisons. Here is to hoping Cobb puts out a tune for this thing. Overall very positive though.

2018 odyssey 0-60 6.5 seconds...pacifica 7.5s sienna 7.5s highlander 7.2s

It's not bad, but hopefully we can make it better, lol.

Subaru's CVT seem to be a little slow off the line initially when going for maximum acceleration. (I think most CVT way) The 3.6R is more 1/2 sec slower 0-60 between the 5th 5EAT and 6th Gen HTCVT. The market for Ascent is not going to care about drag race starts, it will be judged on how it feels.

Edited by dgoodhue

I definitely want the towing, and the heated and cooled seats, the 180 cameras, lane assist, and maybe premium audio...the wife likes the leather and sunroof.

I didn't see anything about cooled front seats in the Ascent. Did I overlook it?

I'd be interested in that. My '16 Sedona has them and they're great in hotter weather. I've also been enjoying my heated steering wheel in these 15-degree mornings in Georgia. Heats up fast and keeps my fingers toasty.

Edit: I did overlook it - on the Touring: Heated and ventilated front seats

Edited by SubieDriver

Subaru's CVT seem to be a little slow off the line initially when going for maximum acceleration. (I think most CVT way) The 3.6R is more 1/2 sec slower 0-60 between the 5th 5EAT and 6th Gen HTCVT. The market for Ascent is going to care about drag race starts, it will be judged on how it feels.

I am the market for the ascent, I care. ;)

Its not a deal breaker, but I want to feel I am upgrading from a minivan, which can be defined in many ways, but so far its a almost definite yes.