LegacyGT.com

2017/18 NFL Thread

BDII

I'd take favre over rodgers solely on the injury points

I did love how tough he was. I mean the guy didn't miss a game for what.... 10 years?

But in today's NFL... he wouldn't have had that record. No way they would have let him play in the shape he was in for some of those starts.... no matter what he or the staff did. He played through the concussion filled 90s NFL. He was a tough SOB.... no doubt.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hard to fault him for that when he was taking illegal hits through the game and was a pivotal point of the Bountygate decisions.

2009 was a good year for him but he was far past his prime for some time.

2008 - 22TD, 22INT

2007 - 28TD, 15INT

2006 - 18TD, 18INT

2005 - 20TD, 29INT

Like I said... he was a heart breaker by the end of his career. It wasn't the same. Pre 05 he would put the ball up and you felt excitement, hoping for a big play. After 2005 he put the ball up and you covered your eyes hoping the other team wouldn't get it.

I forgot yesterday was Thursday, totally forgot to watch the game, back to school stuff threw me off I guess, making the kids do there homework an all of that. Looks like the Patriot had a pretty bad start, I'm honestly surprised by this, thought they would win. There goes all of those perfect season projections the analysts were harping about all Summer.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

Packers offense starts off slow like they have the past 3 seasons. Defense did well like it has early season. About 6 games into the season the offense will get some rhythm and the defense will play prevent D for the last 9 or so games and allow teams to average 400 yards against them per game. Good ole Dom Capers defense.

Seahawks offense looks horrible, made Green Bay's average defense look way better then they actually are. Once again, our O-line looks like it's made of paper. Tom Cable is going to have his hands full just getting this O-line functional, I'm not even hoping for average, just functional.

A lot of people are going to blame the O-line play and yes they were absolutely terrible, but ultimately I'm holding Russ accountable for the loss, Fumbling the ball and giving it to GB on their 5 yard line, and then overthrowing Tyler Lockette by a nautical mile when he was wide open for the TD cost us the game, a 14 point differential. Even a wobbly underthrown ball to Lockette would have given him a chance to catch it.

Yes, the refs were terrible about as bad as the replacement 'Fail Mary' refs, but these were regulars, so no excuse for being that bad, the non-call PI against Jimmy Graham in the end zone was just stupid as was taking away Nazir Jones pick six for (non)punch/call/ejection against Jeremy Lane and they completely missed the horse collar face mask on Lane right before the alleged punch. I'm not going to blame the refs for the loss when our offense couldn't convert a 3rd down to save their life though and couldn't run their way out of a paper bag, those are the more glaring issues.

On the bright side, our defense looked great, elite even.

Seahawks offense looks horrible, made Green Bay's average defense look way better then they actually are. Once again, our O-line looks like it's made of paper. Tom Cable is going to have his hands full just getting this O-line functional, I'm not even hoping for average, just functional.

A lot of people are going to blame the O-line play and yes they were absolutely terrible, but ultimately I'm holding Russ accountable for the loss, Fumbling the ball and giving it to GB on their 5 yard line, and then overthrowing Tyler Lockette by a nautical mile when he was wide open for the TD cost us the game, a 14 point differential. Even a wobbly underthrown ball to Lockette would have given him a chance to catch it.

Yes, the refs were terrible about as bad as the replacement 'Fail Mary' refs, but these were regulars, so no excuse for being that bad, the non-call PI against Jimmy Graham in the end zone was just stupid as was taking away Nazir Jones pick six for (non)punch/call/ejection against Jeremy Lane and they completely missed the horse collar face mask on Lane right before the alleged punch. I'm not going to blame the refs for the loss when our offense couldn't convert a 3rd down to save their life though and couldn't run their way out of a paper bag, those are the more glaring issues.

On the bright side, our defense looked great, elite even.

Was a pretty sloppy game on both sides. I'm not really the defensive battle type guy so the first half was pretty boring.

Chiefs figured out the Patriots kryptonite?

The Chiefs decided to give the Patriots no cushion at all, with Danny Amendola (2.8 yards of cushion, 2nd), Rob Gronkowski (2.9, 3rd), and Brandin Cooks (3.5, 6th) ranking at the bottom of the league in space. Kansas City didn’t want to give any of these players a free release out of the snap and their decision to provide zero cushion prevented the Patriots from throwing any quick passes.

Chris Hogan received 5.2 yards of cushion, but he was shadowed by All Pro CB Marcus Peters and Patriots head coach Bill Belichick didn’t want to challenge Peters and risk a turnover.

The result is that Brady was targeting receivers extremely far down the field. Hogan (20.3 yards down the field) and Cooks (20.3) were tied for the second-deepest average target, with Gronkowski (19.1) ranking fifth.

The Pats have been huge on the whole "dink and dunk" offense, so trying to take that away seems like an obvious strategy to my low-football-IQ self.

https://www.patspulpit.com/2017/9/11/16287672/chiefs-didnt-give-the-patriots-receivers-any-room-at-the-line-of-scrimmage

Fun stat from this weekend....

Ben Roethlisberger sets FirstEnergy (Browns) Stadium record for QB wins

Big Ben has 11 victories at FirstEnergy Stadium to surpass former Browns' quarterback Derek Anderson for the most wins in stadium history. The Browns have been playing at FirstEnergy Stadium since re-joining the NFL in 1999.

http://pit.247sports.com/Bolt/Ben-Roethlisberger-sets-First-Energy-Stadium-record-for-QB-wins-107249913

That's pretty much how you stop any good receiving core ever. It's not a secret. The reason teams don't play every offense and every game like that is simple. They don't have the match ups on defense to play that type of football and not get smoked. If they did there is no reason not to play in their face, close quarters secondary defense in every game.

Guess the chiefs had those match ups figured out.

Chiefs figured out the Patriots kryptonite?

The Pats have been huge on the whole "dink and dunk" offense, so trying to take that away seems like an obvious strategy to my low-football-IQ self.

https://www.patspulpit.com/2017/9/11/16287672/chiefs-didnt-give-the-patriots-receivers-any-room-at-the-line-of-scrimmage

I think the fact that Edelman and Mitchell being out also kinda screwed with Brady. Amendola also got take out the game with another concussion, iirc. I think the bigger question is the Defense, with Hightower being sidelined, there was not a natural leader who could switch up the play on the fly when the QB changed routes at the line, is how i felt. I like this loss for the Pats though, lets them see where their weakness lies and prep for next time. Big ups to the Chiefs and Alex Smith, i know he felt pressure with that rookie QB on the sideline and people talking crap but he still a great QB and his offense is one of the most dynamic in the NFL right now

The pats put up 27 points. That's enough to beat any team. Their defense failed, not their offense. The chiefs didn't reinvent the wheel.

Running the ball on 4thand1 twice while in field goal range was duuuuuumb.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Look up Andy Reid's record of Week 1 games and his record after bye weeks and that will explain a lot. He is one of the best planners and executors of those plans in the league if he has more than 1 week to prepare for a game. He is 16-2 when given an extra week to prepare for a game (as Eagles and Chiefs coach combined).

Archived