LegacyGT.com

2017/18 NFL Thread

BDII

If you could have chose any two teams to play in Super Bowl 52, who would it be?

Me?

Packers vs Patriots

I want to see Rodgers vs Brady.

I miss Brady vs Manning.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can we please get a Mod to change the name of this thread to "BDII Fellates the Patriots Thread"?

That would make things so much clearer.

Rumor has it that BDII is the one who deflated Tom Brady's Balls.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

Huh, Ravens also signed Danny Woodhead in March. Haven't been paying much attention this offseason.

Feeling pretty good about our offense, but for yet another year, safety/corner seems weak and not deep enough.

• 2 months later...
If you could have chose any two teams to play in Super Bowl 52, who would it be?

Me?

Packers vs Patriots

I want to see Rodgers vs Brady.

I miss Brady vs Manning.

I would agree with that. Besides, Rodgers needs another SB under his belt to guarantee his spot as one of the best of all time.... for all time.

Our season opener should be interesting at Lambeau, so many different ways to bill this, but the take I like so far is 'Eddie Lacy returns to GB', which should cast an interesting overtone to the game.

I enjoyed watching Lacy play for the green and gold. He just couldn't stop having leg problems.

Too much weight on those ankles, good news is he has made all of his weigh-in goals and is down to 250 lbs, he looks strong again. I love comeback stories regardless of the team so I hope he has a stand out year.

The most surprising running back on our team so far has been 7th round draft pick Chris Carson, watched him run the ball with the 1st string offense against the 1st string defense of the Vikings and the Chiefs and he impressed me both games, big gains, yards after contact and all of that. I think Thomas Rawls will still get the start with Lacy as a backup and CJ Prosise as the 3rd down back but it would not surprise me at all at this point if Chris Carson bumps one of those guys down a notch.

Chris Carson Highlight reel from the Chiefs-Seahawks Preseason game 3 and Vikings Preseason game 2

Edit: added video above

I like GB as a team and as an organization, I like their fan base. I have a lot of respect for Mike Mccarthy, Ted Thompson and his mentor Ron Wolf and the storied history of Packers FB.

BUT........

I personally can't stand Aaron Rodgers. I think he is an giant arrogant ass and a punk. I don't know the guy personally but that's my take on stuff I've seen and stuff I've heard come out of his mouth, like the time he ridiculed Russell's faith after beating us a few years ago. It was a punkass statement that he didn't need to make, even his own brother called him out for it. Also what kind of a man doesn't speak to his family because his dipshit Girlfriend doesn't like them?

As a football player, he is exciting to watch, definite HOF'er, has incredible drive to win against all odds, but as a person, I don't care for the guy much. Would take Brett Favre over Rodgers any day, plus Favre was a better QB.

I like GB as a team and as an organization, I like their fan base. I have a lot of respect for Mike Mccarthy, Ted Thompson and his mentor Ron Wolf and the storied history of Packers FB.

BUT........

I personally can't stand Aaron Rodgers. I think he is an giant arrogant ass and a punk. I don't know the guy personally but that's my take on stuff I've seen and stuff I've heard come out of his mouth, like the time he ridiculed Russell's faith after beating us a few years ago. It was a punkass statement that he didn't need to make, even his own brother called him out for it. Also what kind of a man doesn't speak to his family because his dipshit Girlfriend doesn't like them?

As a football player, he is exciting to watch, definite HOF'er, has incredible drive to win against all odds, but as a person, I don't care for the guy much. Would take Brett Favre over Rodgers any day, plus Favre was a better QB.

Funny you say that, because I loved Brett Favre as a player, but as a human being, I've never met anyone who had a good personal interaction with him. I've heard so many people who despised him, said he treated service staff like crap, was a lying drunk (even when he was "on the wagon"), was a non-tipper ... etc. That said, I was glad to see him make his way to the Vikings (naturally, I'm a Vikings fan).

I haven't heard anyone say anything bad about Rodgers in person. I've heard he's very reserved/awkward, but not rude or unlikeable. Just on Monday I heard someone say they ran into him downtown in Denver over the weekend when he was planting tickets for the game against the Broncos. Again, said he was super nice.

Just my superficial take on the man, Favre might be a bigger ass (for all I know) since I don't know either personally. I do have a low threshold for people who mistreat professionals in the service industry, I've hear similar things about Keifer Sutherland and I have a low opinion of him. That being said, I still think Favre is the better QB, who is 2nd only to Peyton Manning in passing yards, Rodgers is not even close.

Just my superficial take on the man, Favre might be a bigger ass (for all I know) since I don't know either personally. I do have a low threshold for people who mistreat professionals in the service industry, I've hear similar things about Keifer Sutherland and I have a low opinion of him. That being said, I still think Favre is the better QB, who is 2nd only to Peyton Manning in passing yards, Rodgers is not even close.

Fully agree there. I'd love to have A A Ron as my QB, but Favre was way better still.

Holy contract Stafford!

As a Lions fan and having watched them over the years, the guy deserves it.

For not having an O-line to protect him or any semblance of a running game, he still manages to perform well, especially in late game, comeback type situations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BUT........

I don't know the Russell jab you are referring too. As for the family thing nothing was ever confirmed. Not by Aaron or his father when they interviewed them. The only thing we know is they aren't talking... no one has confirmed why. All we have to go off of are "insider" reports. Some says it was because of Olivia.... some say Aaron would not let her be the reason. And now the 2 aren't even together. So either she wasn't the reason or some things were said that they still aren't over.

As for Favre being a better QB that pretty debatable. I grew up with Favre as the Packers QB. I was 6 when he took over as starting QB and 20 when he left the Packers. So I grew up thinking he was the best. But I would have to disagree that he is a better QB. Maybe more exciting at times being the gun slinger he was but when it comes to field intelligence and accuracy Aaron has the upper hand. Favre played with a lot of emotion. Compared to him Rodgers looks kind of like a robot in that sense. But emotion goes both ways and would cause Favre to do stupid things on the field... Aaron is far more consistent in this respect. For last few season Favre was the Packers QB he was a heart breaker. He was still a good QB but he would always push it too far... and many games ended in an interception because he still thought he was the Brett Favre of 1997.

When he went to the Vikings and they were doing so well my dad said all season.... he's going to let them down. And if memory serves he ended that season with a interception in the championship game.

When he went to the Vikings and they were doing so well my dad said all season.... he's going to let them down. And if memory serves he ended that season with a interception in the championship game.

Hard to fault him for that when he was taking illegal hits through the game and was a pivotal point of the Bountygate decisions.

Archived