LegacyGT.com

2017/18 NFL Thread

BDII

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seattle acquired Duane Brown LT in a trade with the Texans for Jeremy Lane CB with a 5th rd pick '18 plus 2nd rd pick '19. Russell Wilson restructured his contract to make room in the salary cap to rework Duane's contract.

And the Patriots sent Jimmy to our division rival, the 49rs, poor Jimmy...

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

Hypothetically speaking, if the 49ers do not lose another game, and the rest of the division sucks, Jimmy Garapolo could face Tom Brady in the Superbowl.

Rams and Seahawks are both 5-2, 49ers are 0-8, that basically can't happen. Both teams would have to lose the remainder of their games and the 49ers would have to win out. But I know what you meant, technically it's not mathematically impossible yet.

I'm not convinced on Jimmy yet, he's 2-0 in his 2 starts (on a Belichick team no less) but that doesn't mean he's automatically going to be good in another system for a different team and a different coach. Plus the team around him is terrible, most of their pro bowl talent has left, they have some good rookies and Carlos Hyde, that's about it. The need to draft well, rebuild that team, which will take a few more years.

A good leader can bring a team around. Garapolo might be that.

True and a good QB/leader is the most important piece on an offense to build around, it's a start anyway. I just think it's going to take more than a full season to bring that offense around to a .500 team. and that's completely disregarding the work that needs to be done on defense to bring that back around.

In our division, I think the Rams have it going on in Sean McVay (Fisher needed to go) and Jared Goth plus their defense is still pretty damn good. They will be our toughest rival for awhile.

I will say this about the 49ers, at least they have movement in the right direction, they are moving towards getting younger, made some good draft picks, have some good rookies on their team and now a QB that they can potentially build around is in place. Now, look at the Cardinal's situation. Arians will probably be fired after this season, Carson Palmer is getting the shit smacked out of him, is likely out for the rest of the season after the surgery, Their top receiver is about to retire, I love Larry Fitzgerald, but he's 34, how many more seasons do people think he will play? 1 maybe two? Bottom line is I don't think the Cardinals have prepared for the future all that well, I think they are on their way down not up. The 49ers probably have a chance to be good again before the Cardinals do.

The 49ers have had some close games. A good QB could be the difference. Considering the 2010 Seahawks made the playoffs with a 7-9 record, they could be a playoff team next year.

That's still different. The Seahawks made the playoffs with a record of 7-9 ... but they weren't competing against teams that opened 5-2 that season. You're saying half the division would need to completely tank their programs in a year to a level worse than an 0-8 team.

I know you love everything Pats, but geezus man, even you couldn't have had that much of the Garapolo koolaid.

And to be clear, I know it happens. For example, my favorite year ever, 2009 when when the Broncos opened 6-0 and the local fans wouldn't shut the hell up about an undefeated season, where after the team went 2-8 the rest of the season and missed the playoffs in week 17. It was glorious. But that was still one team, not 2 teams that tanked their program in short order.

Let's not jump to conclusions, Brady :lol:

I was referring to next season. I very clearly wrote "next year". Besides, a dozen teams were interested in Garapolo and they're in the business of building teams. I take their opinions on Garapolo over a random lgt.com member any day :lol:

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

I know you're talking about next year, but I just don't see him being the difference that rights the ship next year. He's one piece of a puzzle with a LOT of missing pieces at the moment.

Their program is so bad right now, I see them taking 3 years to get back to a winning season. My guess is SF is looking at that longer term fix, and I wouldn't be surprised if bigger changes are already in the works this year.

What I hope they don't do is compromise Jimmy by putting him in before he's had a chance to gel with the team, but that's a real possibility because they're desperate.

• 3 weeks later...
Green Bay Packers fans at one Milwaukee-area brewery didn't have to pay for a single beer Sunday during the game after the team was shut out by the Baltimore Ravens.

The Bavarian Bierhaus restaurant and brewery offers a special during Packers games: free beer until the green and gold scores.

http://www.wxyz.com/news/national/milwaukee-area-brewerys-free-beer-until-packers-score-gameday-special-backfires

• 2 weeks later...
Calling it now, Eagles - Patriots SB, Eagles lead at halftime by 7, Patriots come back and win it in the 4th. Brady wins a 6th ring, retires along with BB, the end. There, I just saved you hours of your life if you're not a Patriots fan.

• 4 weeks later...
That's still different. The Seahawks made the playoffs with a record of 7-9 ... but they weren't competing against teams that opened 5-2 that season. You're saying half the division would need to completely tank their programs in a year to a level worse than an 0-8 team.

I know you love everything Pats, but geezus man, even you couldn't have had that much of the Garapolo koolaid.

And to be clear, I know it happens. For example, my favorite year ever, 2009 when when the Broncos opened 6-0 and the local fans wouldn't shut the hell up about an undefeated season, where after the team went 2-8 the rest of the season and missed the playoffs in week 17. It was glorious. But that was still one team, not 2 teams that tanked their program in short order.

How's that humble pie taste?

Calling it now, Eagles - Patriots SB, Eagles lead at halftime by 7, Patriots come back and win it in the 4th. Brady wins a 6th ring, retires along with BB, the end. There, I just saved you hours of your life if you're not a Patriots fan.

Pats vs Vikings. Keenum chokes on the big stage.

I know you're talking about next year, but I just don't see him being the difference that rights the ship next year. He's one piece of a puzzle with a LOT of missing pieces at the moment.

Their program is so bad right now, I see them taking 3 years to get back to a winning season. My guess is SF is looking at that longer term fix, and I wouldn't be surprised if bigger changes are already in the works this year.

What I hope they don't do is compromise Jimmy by putting him in before he's had a chance to gel with the team, but that's a real possibility because they're desperate.

Missed this gem as well :lol:

Pats vs Vikings. Keenum chokes on the big stage.

False. Because you've ignored the part where the Vikings blow a lead and/or an easy field goal for the NFC championship. All. My. Damn. Life.

But I do think you're right that the Eagles will be knocked out in the playoffs after watching last night's game.

Archived