LegacyGT.com

2017/18 NFL Thread

BDII

Ok :lol:

The team that lost to: chiefs x2, falcons, broncos would beat the team that beat them all? :lol:

Yup, they lost to a good Falcons team, the Chiefs, a division rival and matches up well with them. As for the Broncos, Cook was the quarterback for that game, happened after Carr was injured during the Colts game; a little unfair to tack that one on. Should've finished 13-3 but it's not like 12-4 is a bad record. Bottom line, the Carr injury ended their playoff hopes. If they can stay healthy this year then the will be a tough team to beat.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok :lol:

The team that lost to: chiefs x2, falcons, broncos would beat the team that beat them all? :lol:

Any given Sunday. Shitty teams win every now and then. The Raiders just so happened to lose to 2 playoff teams and one team while using a 3rd string QB. Everyone knows the Raiders are built to compete and beat the Patriots. Look at all the moves the Pats made this off-season, they are feeling the heat.

The Raiders are going to have a chip on their shoulder, a mile wide chip while trying to leave Oakland on a high note, perhaps with another SB title as well. I'll put it this way, I'm more convinced by the Raiders chances than I am by the Cowboys chances and I think the cowboys are a pretty good team.

Any given Sunday. Shitty teams win every now and then. The Raiders just so happened to lose to 2 playoff teams and one team while using a 3rd string QB. Everyone knows the Raiders are built to compete and beat the Patriots. Look at all the moves the Pats made this off-season, they are feeling the heat.

Potential internal conversation in Foxboro, Massachusetts:

Belichick: Hey, it's the off-season. Should we bother trying to improve our team?

Subordinate 1: Nah, we're awesome!

Subordinate 2: Agreed!

Subordinate 3: We're the champs!

Subordinate 4: Yeah, we don't need to bother upgrading any positions. We're totally unbeatable.

Intern: What about the Raiders? I hear they're kinda good.

Subordinate 1: Wait, what?

Subordinate 2: I forgot about them!

Subordinate 3: Oh crap, what are we going to do?

Subordinate 4: We have to do something!

Belichick: Great point, Intern! I mean, normally, we totally wouldn't bother to try and improve our team or anything but those Raiders are really making us feel the heat. Let's see what other players are available and make ALL OF TEH DEALZ! You get a 20% raise, intern!

Intern: But, this is just an unpaid internship for college credit.

Belichick: Well then, make that a 120% raise! Heheheheheheheh!

Yeah, I'm sure their thinking was something like that because we all know that Bill Belichick's primary goal is complacency unless there are teams that can actually compete. That's totally why New England has games in recent years with scores of 59-0, 56-10, 52-7, and 45-3. Because all New England wants to do is tread water.

Potential internal conversation in Foxboro, Massachusetts:

Belichick: Hey, it's the off-season. Should we bother trying to improve our team?

Subordinate 1: Nah, we're awesome!

Subordinate 2: Agreed!

Subordinate 3: We're the champs!

Subordinate 4: Yeah, we don't need to bother upgrading any positions. We're totally unbeatable.

Intern: What about the Raiders? I hear they're kinda good.

Subordinate 1: Wait, what?

Subordinate 2: I forgot about them!

Subordinate 3: Oh crap, what are we going to do?

Subordinate 4: We have to do something!

Belichick: Great point, Intern! I mean, normally, we totally wouldn't bother to try and improve our team or anything but those Raiders are really making us feel the heat. Let's see what other players are available and make ALL OF TEH DEALZ! You get a 20% raise, intern!

Intern: But, this is just an unpaid internship for college credit.

Belichick: Well then, make that a 120% raise! Heheheheheheheh!

Yeah, I'm sure their thinking was something like that because we all know that Bill Belichick's primary goal is complacency unless there are teams that can actually compete. That's totally why New England has games in recent years with scores of 59-0, 56-10, 52-7, and 45-3. Because all New England wants to do is tread water.

It must be true if you took all that time to write it out. Audio clips are acceptable too. If it's all fiction, what a loser :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
HOF Cortez Kennedy- DT passed away at 48 today, this is sad day for the Seahawks, Seattle and the NFL. Really sad news, I didn't know him personally but I did talk to him once at a Billiards place in Seattle. We were playing Pool on the table next to him and I remember him asking me if a shot his friend made was legal and I answered his question, he thanked me and that was it. He seemed like a really nice guy, very personable.

Only a 1.5 point favorite over the Raiders :lol: Raiders are coming for that ass! I loved the Tom Brady Madden curse video. How funny would it be if his season ended on the first play of the first game in the regular season?

Only a 1.5 point favorite over the Raiders :lol: Raiders are coming for that ass! I loved the Tom Brady Madden curse video. How funny would it be if his season ended on the first play of the first game in the regular season?

I'm assuming the books are treating Mexico as a neutral field. If this game were in Las Vegas Oakland, then they'd probably be favored by 1.5 points.

Also, it'd obviously be hilarious for any player to suffer a major injury. It's always high comedy when people get hurt. Wait....

Sore losers focus on degrading the winners and not their shortcomings.

I wish the Pats had played the Raiders with Carr so there would be no argument as to which team was better. Although we all know it was and is the Patriots.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Kaepernick visited the Seahawks for a work out today, RGIII will probably visit next. Either one would be a more viable backup option to Russ than Trevone Boykin but I'd take Colin over RGII because he seems to be less injury-prone.

Colin and Russell have a lot in common. They both lost in their last superbowl appearance.

How does one thing equal "a lot" in your book? Did you fail math? I think they are quite different in their skill sets, with the exception that they can both run the ball effectively when needed.

It was a joke. Relax yourself.

Jokes aside, I doubt they will sign him, we don't have cap space for that, plus I doubt he'll take what we would be willing to pay a backup and he most likely will hold out for a starting job. How many teams still don't have a viable starting QB? Three? Four?

I'm sure there are teams that hate their players and fans that are willing to sign a distraction like Colin.

He won't be a distraction this year. Tell you what, if I'm a Jets fan the last thing I want to see is Fitzpatrick as my QB again. I would take Kaepernick in a heartbeat over that option.

He won't be a distraction this year. Tell you what, if I'm a Jets fan the last thing I want to see is Fitzpatrick as my QB again. I would take Kaepernick in a heartbeat over that option.

Do Jets fans exist? I thought they all migrated over to the Giants in 07.

• 2 weeks later...
In practice today, Dennis Pitta injured his hip, again. No word yet on severity of injury

My reaction...

9T1kgIr.gif

Doesn't matter. It's not like they're going to the playoffs :lol:

Archived