LegacyGT.com

2017/18 NFL Thread

BDII

Peppers is going home

Bennett is going to Wisconsin

Cooks and Gilmore to the Pats :eek:

Jeffrey to the eagles

Marshall to the Giants (Eli has some mean targets)

Glennon signs with da bears

Garapolo got hacked :lol:

Me thinks the Pats repeat.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And Jay Cutler cut from the bears..... It's been fun having a QB like him starting for my teams longest rivalry team. Watching the Packers destroy the bears and Jay Cutlers mangina these past 7 seasons has been a great time.

Marshawn Lynch to the Raiders? Sure, I laughed too but with every passing moment it's looking more real. According to sources, Marshawn Lynch was at the VMAC yesterday visiting with Pete Caroll and John Schneider asking to be released. Only way this happens is if the Seahawks outright release Marshawn (who is technically under contract with the Seahawks for the next two seasons should he decide to unretire).

All I know is if this happens I'll be watching a lot of Raider games next season. The Seahawks do not play the Raiders in the regular season this year, only way he would play his former team is if the Raiders met the Seahawks in the playoffs.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

Doubtful that the Seahawks can afford him and Lacy if he comes out of retirement. He may be asking now, and forcing later should he unretire

Now Greg Bell is saying "according to League sources" the VMAC rumor is false. Dammit, I would love to see the Beast run for one more season and make his case for the HOF (even if it's for a different team and former hated AFC rival, back in our AFC days....)

Rumor is still not dead though, if Marshawn came out of retirement it would only be to play for the Raiders.

I don't buy the talk about Adrian Peterson as an option for the Raiders, they don't want AP. Marshawn can run out of the Shot Gun, I-formation, as single back in the backfield. He can run to the QB's left side or right side, he's a much more versatile back.

Getting Lynch would be amazing! Defense has not been addressed and that worries me. Raiders could easily draft 6 defensive players but I'm really hoping they sign a few good defensive vets. Zach Brown not signing kind of stings because they REALLY need an ILB. If Hasson Reddick somehow magical falls to the 24th pick it's a no brainer.

• 2 weeks later...

Each NFL team owner gets to pocket 55 Million when a team moves. So the Raiders moving....55 million to each team owner, makes that 'Yes' vote a little easier doesn't it. In the last year, 3 different fan bases all got a huge middle finger, it's all about that biz'nez, Boss.

Nevermind that sport teams in Vegas, the home of sports betting, are a terrible idea. Vegas should remain neutral ground, this is completely retarded.

The Washington Redskins proposed a new rule that if the kicker puts the ball through the uprights on kickoff the ball is placed on the 20 yard line.

Owners voted no.

WTF. I would have loved to have seen that.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Sherman for Butler? I wouldn't put it past John Schneider and Pete, and I know Pete Carroll and Bill Belichick are close, wouldn't surprise me at all.

I think a bunch of guys who have never played football should stop micromanaging the game and just let them play.

They have put way too many rules in place for that to ever happen. Why do you think the owners support the rule that no NFL team (Except the Packers) can have more than a certain number of owners? As Clarkson would say for the POWAAAA.

• 2 weeks later...
Saints offense is not the problem, AP should be able to contribute, what they need to address is their D, we'll see how they draft this year.

Beastmode to the Raiders. Still won't be enough to get past the Pats.

With that defense and that O-line, the Raiders could've beat the Pats last year. Overall their stats on both sides of the ball were far superior to Atlanta's. Carr getting injured was the only thing that stopped them from getting to the SB. They will be even more dangerous with Marshawn in the backfield this year. If they can stay healthy then I say good luck to team who faces them in the playoffs.

Archived