LegacyGT.com

5EAT or 5MT

What choice of transmission? (Answer for each model type, GT & STi)  

580 members have voted

1. 1. What choice of transmission? (Answer for each model type, GT & STi)

• GT 5EAT
    • GT 5MT
    • STi 5EAT
    • STi 5MT

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They can win.....I don't care anymore haha.

I like to try and contribute. As long as you admit the MT is teh besTeSt then this won't happen. You mention AT being a decent running car and all h3ll breaks loose.

Oh well....

Finally, we can talk about cars again..Decent running? Are you kidding me, I love my Auto trans, and I don't care what MT people say about one being better than the other. If the MT is faster, it is only by like two tenths of a second, not worth squabbling over anyway. I could go to Stage 2 and make more than that up if I wanted. But who really cares, I don't care how fast I go as much I want to look and feel good in the car. And in this car I know I do. So who cares what people say Mblock. And we appreciate any feedback from you and anyone else.

Bottom line is there is more to a transmission than just speed, practicality is a bigger issue the older you get I think. My wife won't drive a manual, no negotiation there, so I feel the Auto with Tiptronic is a good compromise. I understand the benefits and feel of a manual trans are great, I have owned several. But I am happy with an Auto too, and it rips, I don't care what anyone says.

I agree 100% and that has been my point from the beginning. I read a lot about the AT vs MT before I bought and just wanted to share my findings on how good subaru built this AT.

I love it too. And am really happy with this car. The tires....well that is another story but for the $ this car is unreal as far as luxury and performance go.

I don't think there is much on the market within even $5k more that can compete. The Mazda is new and looking good but this is my first subaru and for a 4 banger it is great!

How old are you guys? Jeez, ALL of you involved grow up for Pete sakes, there are better things to be doing with your time than arguing on message boards.

Not to mention you are using our precious disk space with all this petty spitting back and forth.

Remember why you joined these boards, to learn things about your car, not to personally attack each other.

This behavior is much like the guy who gives you the finger in his car after he cuts you off. All safe and sound in his car, so he gives you the finger. Nanny, nanny boo boo. Different story when he doesn't have a car to hide in, or in this case a keyboard to type it on.

Lets get over it, and move on..

If not, someone please tell me how to unsubscribe from this crap.

ditto

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

Anyway...here is the link.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15833

oh and then there is this one! Which is what made me stick up for the mustang guy. You had to attack edmund too whom is one of my friends. So that should be enough proof!

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15854

Umm, where's this "screaming" you claim I was doing?

Read the Mustang post again.

I posted a thought, you attacked me.

With the edmundu claim, I posted I didn't believe his claims

because they were pretty far fetched...as they were, you

jumped on me.

Both links show it was YOU you started the arguements. :lol:

You're a real piece of work Mblock66, too bad that work appears to not be

worth much.

If you want to believe every story on the internet, so be it.

But those of us who question a few statements from time to time, don't

need guys like you "attacking" and starting arguements over it.

You aren't the almighty on the web, and people have the RIGHT to there

opinions and posts, without you starting an arguement over it.

But you are probably blind to that fact too.

Now get over yourself and move on and please everytime there a post

about auto and manual transmissions, please don't post trying to convince

us all that an auto is faster, then start arguements about it...it's tiring and ridiculous

Over and out on this one.

Good thread gone bad, what a waste. Moderator please?!

Anyway, I don't see why you immature little dolts don't bring this to PM instead displaying how childish you can be to everyone. Someday, when you actually grow up (if at all) you will see how freakin stupid this looks. I have to admit, I have got some enjoyment out of seeing how nuts people can be (:munch: ), makes me feel better about myself. Also because I thought maybe there was a chance I could still learn something about my car from this thread. Thats not going to happen and I finally figured out how to unsubscribe, so I am out. Jeez, the fact people like this are behind the wheel of a vehicle is scary.

Peace out kids. Happy Holidays, maybe you will finally get that Barbie Easy Bake Oven you asked Mommy and Daddy for this year.

OK "screaming" was the wrong word...rather harassing or badgering may be better.

Now get over yourself and move on and please everytime there a post

about auto and manual transmissions, please don't post trying to convince

us all that an auto is faster, then start arguements about it...it's tiring and ridiculous

Over and out on this one.

OMG!, again I never said the AT was faster. Boy you need to chill out man and stop posting. Obviously you are the one bothered by some comments. If that is the case, i apologize, i didn't know it had that effect on you.

Take it somewhere else. I already said YOU WIN, ok lol! At least I contribute to the forum and stick up for friends when needed! Not harass everyone. (but you apparently) If you need to "keep people's stories in check" then why read this forum or the stories if you don't believe them......

for the amount you post...99% is junk and mean most of the time. Please just contribute to the community or don't bother. That is all I was EVER trying to do

Over and out :icon_tong

Yes Mods please just close this if you wish, i tried to get it back on track a few times. My apologies...

Its amazing and great to see such passion in such an easy question of EAT Vs MT, the war will never die. But can I say this, I read two posts from each of the guys slugging eachother and thought to myself, both of u need something in yr lives if u both argue like this. Grow up, shake hands, agree to disagree and for FUN sake, MOVE ON.

This thread wasnt built to ascertain which car is more superior than the other, if that is the way u read it, thats yr own problem. This thread was built to ask, what do u currently have AND if u had a chance at a Liberty/Legacy STi, which transmission would u go for.

Let keep it basic, lets get this back on track and let the members who want to post positive feedback do so. For the other members that have been interested in this thread from an interest point of U, thanku for your comments and I hope this thread can now continue on in the manner it was developed for.

Ada///M.

I love the 5MT, and I love it even more after driving a automatic loaner the other day. But, its annoying when I occasionally catch my toe on the lower dash panel if my foot is too far up on the clutch pedal. Anyone else have this problem or am I just a retard?

andy

An SMG Version or DSG or Similar setup to the WRC cars would be amazing in the Liberty/Legacy. Will be interesting to see which of the Subaru vehicles will get this technology first.

Ada///M.

If they did that with a H6 turbo Liberty, I'd definitely give up thinking about buying the new M3 coming soon.

Personally if I was jumping ship it would only be for an M3. With neither unit being released as of yet, its a hard comparo to say the least but trust me when I say, both units will be something to behold. But I dont think I would give up the dream of owning an ///M, I think my signature gives that one away.

Ada///M.

I think if there is an ///M to own, it will be the ///M version of the Z4 coupe.

Two door, two seat fastback hardtop sportscar, with the current ///M I6.

A sports car that harkens back to the old school, such as the Jag E-type. (dissimilar styling, but very similar layout)

Could you imagine said ///M coupe with a ~4 liter V8, or a ~5 liter v12? (and a nose that looked more like the Z8 than the current Z4)

I'd take one of each, please... Along with a 997-GT3-engined Porsche Cayman.

As for a sedan or wagon, and as cool as BMWs are, it would be hard to beat a reliable 400hp turbocharged flat six, 6MT or SMG-type trans, with true AWD. Oh, wait, that description sounds like a Porsche, too! :D Doo Eeet, Subaru!

Based on that IWSS, dont discount the E90M3 with V8PWR, it is going to be something.... trust me. BMW MotorSport have kept the E90M under wraps for a very good reason because it is going to BLOW the competition away. AMG have already said they are going to combat the E90M with 6L of power but only in a limited run, this has to be pure scare tactics to make BMW release "some" information on the ///M.

I agree the Z4M will be something else as well and will really take the fight to the Cayman.

Im also sure that Porsche will release a new version of the GT3 RS and when they do, I hope im in a postion to buy, that would be 1hellofa machine.

With Global car companies putting out machines like these, it should really entice Subaru to move ahead with the H6TT with SMG/DSG technologies, just to keep pace.

Ada///M.

With Global car companies putting out machines like these, it should really entice Subaru to move ahead with the H6TT with SMG/DSG technologies, just to keep pace.

Ada///M.

I agree. The only other option is for them to develop a new engine from scratch - perhaps a better H6 or even an H8 in the next generation sedan. Trouble is Subaru has to decide if they really want to compete with the fast, luxury sports and feature packed cars, such as the M3, or just with the likes of the EVOs, or both.

Based on that IWSS, dont discount the E90M3 with V8PWR, it is going to be something.... trust me.

I agree the Z4M will be something else as well and will really take the fight to the Cayman.

Ada///M.

I wasn't trying to discount the E90 M3/M4... That will likely be a sweet car. It will probably be expensive, and a tad heavy, though. For an ///M, give me a light two-seater I6 (what BMW is famous for...) RWD coupe. Such a platform will underline the performance engines that ///M is so good at.

If I ever buy an ///M car, it will be as a really special treat, rather than a daily slogger, so why not be it a lighter 2-seat sports car...

I think Subaru can do a Sedan/Wagon with a h6TT, with a new-tech manual trans, that will be the spiritual successor to the E36 M3 4-door, Older S4 Audi, or Lotus Carlton/Omega, a class of car that the E46 and E90 are running away from, in size and price, even withstanding the performance improvements.

As BMW goes higher above $50k, and porsche's rumored sedan going north of 100k, and considering that cars like the A4 and G35x have their issues, with reliability, weight, or lack of manual-type trans... Subaru has a springboard to a $30-40k sport sedan/wagon home run.

Couldnt agree more IWSS, I think that if Subaru can compete on all levels including price, they will be on a real winner. But there has to be quality as well as HP quantity, because u might have a rocket but there is no need if u are riding on milk crates for seats because all the money went towards the engine. Its a fine line that car mfgs tread but up until now Subaru have done well with the WRX (the car that really saved this company) and Im sure they will be around for years more producing some of the world greatest and most price competitive AWD cars.

Re the ///M, yes I feel what u are saying about a 2D ///M with I6 PWR, I really feel that BMW must take on Porsche to atleast save face somewhere in that category considering Porsche have now taken on MB and BMW with a 4WD and even now a 4 Door concept.

My personal money is on the M3 coming out with some trick gear that will surprise everyone, hence its been kept under wraps for so long. Then again if I had the cashola and wanted an ///M I would be hooking up the M6 for that 2 Door PWR that u are talking about.

Ada///M.

Archived