LegacyGT.com

5EAT or 5MT

What choice of transmission? (Answer for each model type, GT & STi)  

580 members have voted

1. 1. What choice of transmission? (Answer for each model type, GT & STi)

• GT 5EAT
    • GT 5MT
    • STi 5EAT
    • STi 5MT

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The MT Vs EAT debate will rage on forever but its what the user is more comfortable with on a daily basis. I think the EAT in the standard GT is great and would be comfortable to live with as a daily driver but same goes for the MT, just depends on what U like and what u can live with.

The LibertySTi is a different matter all together.

Ada///M.

we didn't ask what your times were

First off YOU didn't ask anything

Second I was offering up what I bought as the thread asked

Said the MT would have been fun but why I bought the AT

and then gave a my real world fact on the how surprisingly fast the trasmission is anyway (thinking the AT wouldn't be as fun) so it doesn't make that much difference in that dept anyway

so why don't you just stuff it!

Why bother posting your useless comments.

Woops I guess :trolls:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes::dm:

I don't think thats a fair hypothetical, wouldn't it be a 6-MT/6-AT considering they have one readily available already? Perhaps 6-MT/DSG/7-AT/SMG? I really like how that DSG is on the new A3, and the SMG II on the M is a bunch of fun too, its like playing a real life video game!

First off YOU didn't ask anything

Second I was offering up what I bought as the thread asked

Said the MT would have been fun but why I bought the AT

and then gave a my real world fact on the how surprisingly fast the trasmission is anyway (thinking the AT wouldn't be as fun) so it doesn't make that much difference in that dept anyway

so why don't you just stuff it!

Why bother posting your useless comments.

Woops I guess :trolls:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes::dm:

troll? why don't look at my history of posts.

if you had read the thread in the beginning, you'd see that it asks what transmission you have through the polls. not the inferiority complex :icon_frow you have in your relentless quest to show all 5mt owners that you're worthy in your 1/4 times.

give it up man. post your times on a different thread...say like the 5MT vs. 5AT. c'mon we know you're fast with your legacy already. and yes i can stuff it up yours again....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

I think you are the one with the complex my friend. I was simply posting useful information. Am I proud of the little legacy....sure...but I dont' need to impress anyone, especially you.

relentless quest???? Boy you have some imagination. I read the post from the begining and then all of the posts AFTER the poll and offered up info about how I like the transmission. DUDE IT IS JUST A CAR, don't have a ulcer over it. hahahaha

And yes I read some of your old posts. I don't really care, it actually seems that you are the one that is always trying to make yourself feel better and put down the AT cars. I just stick up for them. PERIOD

Stuffed like my thanksgiving turkey!

:munch:

troll? why don't look at my history of posts.

if you had read the thread in the beginning, you'd see that it asks what transmission you have through the polls. not the inferiority complex :icon_frow you have in your relentless quest to show all 5mt owners that you're worthy in your 1/4 times.

give it up man. post your times on a different thread...say like the 5MT vs. 5AT. c'mon we know you're fast with your legacy already. and yes i can stuff it up yours again....

It's interesting to me that nobody has addressed the dynamics of torque split in this discussion. I had a 2002 WRX with the 4EAT and although it was a dog off the line, the 45f/55r torque split was a definate plus for power oversteer. But perhaps I'm barking up the wrong tree with a bunch of Legacy enthusiasts. ;)

<Ducking in expectation of flaming arrows>

I'm actually thinking about getting a GT limited wagon and will no doubt have to just deal with the 5EAT if I want a new car. I have yet to test drive one yet, but from my experience with the WRX, I'm not sure if I really want to bother if they have not improved performance off the line significantly. I'm assuming that they have however, so if that is the case, what aside from being able to do the shifting yourself are the advantages of the 5MT?

relentless quest???? Boy you have some imagination. I read the post from the begining and then all of the posts AFTER the poll and offered up info about how I like the transmission.

And yes I read some of your old posts. I don't really care, it actually seems that you are the one that is always trying to make yourself feel better and put down the AT cars. I just stick up for them. PERIOD

Stuffed like my thanksgiving turkey!

:munch:

lol:lol:

you "stick up for them" (AT) because you have this inferiority complex about your AT compared to the 5MT. I just proved my point by you admitting you have to "stick up" for the AT cars.

A legacy is a legacy auto or manual. They're all great cars. I just was stating my experience driving the AT. You crack me up:lol:

"Stuffed like my thanksgiving turkey!"-maybe you should have cut down on your food intake during this time of year so you wouldn't be feeling this way. :munch:

The advantage of MT vs EAT ?

Well in the STi for starters, you get a LOT MORE HP than the 5EAT does. At the moment (unoffical ofcourse) the 5EAT is rated @ 190kW and the MT is rated somewhere between 200kW & 210kW.

Ada///M.

try telling that to mblock :icon_mrgr

Nice come back hahaha.

Way to restate all my points. Stick up doesn't mean inferiority complex hahaha, nice try though.

keep flexing those keyboard muscles man!

;)

sure it does. why would you have to "stick up" for the legacy when they're all great cars? you feel like you have to stick up for all AT owners because deep down inside you know that the 5MT out perform the AT and you're just trying to disprove it. it's ok we all know your car is fast. :lol:

keep flexing my keyboard muscles? haha...look how many posts you've got compared to mine? i guess that's why you've got that bird lifting for your avatar:lol:

sure it does. why would you have to "stick up" for the legacy when they're all great cars? you feel like you have to stick up for all AT owners because deep down inside you know that the 5MT out perform the AT and you're just trying to disprove it. it's ok we all know your car is fast. :lol:

keep flexing my keyboard muscles? haha...look how many posts you've got compared to mine? i guess that's why you've got that bird lifting for your avatar:lol:

OK so if my friends get in a fight and I stick up for them it is b/c I have a complex??? hahahah oh do explain. I can give a MILLION exmples but it isn't worth it.

I NEVER said that the AT is a faster car hahaha you go tell me when and where I said that. You are one of the main AT haters and people on this board claim so much BS about how slow it is with NO real world results to back their BS up. So I put up figures to "stick up" for the fact that all that BS is just that. Plain and simple. The fact is that if you can actually drive your MT to absolute perfection......sure the car is "faster" from the factory. But 90% can't so the AT is consistant and becomes much more equal.

Don't just push BS around and take jabs at me when you have no basis to your agument haha. It is easy to be tough behind a computer. Oh and the reason I have that avitor is b/c I am in the fitness industry and enjoy it as a sport.

Simple fact is MT vs AT has been around forever. And all the MTs just assume theirs is lighting quick compared to the AT's. Happens in all makes and models and all boards I have ever belonged to. I am not fighting an ongoing AT battle. Just proving that the AT can perform right up with the MTs. THATS IT.

GIVE IT UP MAN. As I (YES I) said they are just cars man. You wanna make it personal then so be it. You obviously have something against me and AT cars if you feel the need to attack me on a message board hahaha.

But by all means keep typing hahah. It is just :munch: for me! :icon_bigg

"...sure the car (5mt) is "faster" from the factory."

"...sure the car (5mt) is "faster" from the factory."-end of story and point proven. :-)

you don't have to get mad dude :lol: don't let the complex get to you man. it's ok man...i can assure you we all (enthusiasts) agree that all the legacies are great cars.

"...sure the car (5mt) is "faster" from the factory."-end of story and point proven. :-)

Hmm what point is that hahaha. Your right end of story LOL. I think you have a self confidence problem man. Yeah I post more then you! Therefore I have more posts haha that was a hard one.

You don't even know what you are arguing. That was never "your point" hahaha. Sure hope you aren't a lawyer.

Probably 16 years old hahaha

Hmm what point is that hahaha.

Here are my points from this thread since you're so lost mblock:lol: :

1st mlbock you say, "...it (AT) is now proven that it is not really slower then the 5MT even with a great driver."

2nd also say, "...I don't think there are many stock turbo MT's that are posting better then that (mblock's time)..."

3rd you say that "I NEVER said that the AT is a faster car."

4th you say again "...sure the car (5MT) is "faster" from the factory..."

:lol:

this cracks me up...can anyone else see this guy can't seem to make up his mind? it all stems from his "inferior feelings."

it's clear and simple. sorry man, you need to quit while you're ahead and all agree that all are cars are nice cars. you're not looking too good.

Archived