LegacyGT.com

5EAT or 5MT

What choice of transmission? (Answer for each model type, GT & STi)  

580 members have voted

1. 1. What choice of transmission? (Answer for each model type, GT & STi)

• GT 5EAT
    • GT 5MT
    • STi 5EAT
    • STi 5MT

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

agctr,

How's the poll doing?

I haven't looked at this thread for a while. I came back to see the stats and to see if it had degenerated into a I'm-better-than-you-because-I-drive=a=XXX=transmission car, as I've seen so many times on other car forums. For sure there's been a lot of that in this thread, but to see it hijacked into a slugfest between two forum members is sad.

I notice that almost 35% have voted for the 5EAT. For an enthusiast forum, I find that impressively high.

You don't have to own one to post man haha there are plenty of 16, 17, 18 year olds that post on here about the legacy....... You are teh king fool. Wanna prove me wrong again....oh yeah you have no point hahaha

Keep em coming you slick devil you hahahaha. ;)

:munch: :munch: :munch: :munch: :munch:

yeah, a 16 yr old legacy gt ltd. owner:lol: that's really smart. you need to quit and stop making yourself look bad again. :lol:

Easy ladies, we're getting off track.

I have AT, mainly because I have a wife, but I have to say I have driven both, and when I use the tiptronic, I don't notice a big difference in pull-marginal at best.

For us older folk (32), the AT trans is more practical. What I prefer is neither a 5sp manual or 5sp Auto. I prefer a 6 manual!

"You are teh king fool."

"you slick devil you hahahaha. ;)"

"...phucks-a-man...Name says it all LOL"

so the best you can do is just attack me and call me names? :lol: :lol: :lol:

i guess my points were well taken and you have shown to everyone here who's the 16 year old. pretty sad.

you got it

since you attacked first I figured I would return it!

Oh and no one else cares hahaha. So if you are trying to impress the board by making fun of me and other members with 5EAT cars NO ONE CARES hahaha. Have a point or don't just jump on people.

Cars man just cars. Now back to your school work!

so the best you can do is just attack me and call me names? :lol: :lol: :lol:

i guess my points were well taken and you have shown to everyone here who's the 16 year old. pretty sad.

you got it

since you attacked first I figured I would return it!

don't get so mad again. :lol: my very first comment on this thread was "we didn't ask what your times were"

you replied to me with the comment "...so why don't you just stuff it!..."

and "NO ONE CARES hahaha"

my 1st comment wasn't an attack it was the point of the start of this thread.

then you go say:

"You are teh king fool."

"you slick devil you hahahaha. ;)"

"...phucks-a-man...Name says it all LOL"

seriously, you're looking pretty bad every time you post mblock. you've also stooped to that kind of level of name calling on a decent forum.

no one cares? sure there a lot of people that care about how others should have more class in debating. you need to cut the rope because you keep hanging yourself. i feel sorry for you:icon_frow

"proven that it is not really slower than the 5MT even with a great driver"

:lol:

:lol:

Stage 1 LGT manuals run 13.6 or better at 100+ mph

Stage 2 LGT manuals run high 12's to low 13's @ 103+

Significantly faster than the 13.6 @ 97.3 your Stage 2 LGT auto has run.

Your 97.3 mph trap speed is stock LGT manual trap speeds.

Don't want to start an auto vs. manual arguement here, but thanks for the laugh with

your above comment.

Edit:** Oh shite, I just read most of the other threads. I see there's already a war going.

Sorry Mblock66, but you do seem to have a complex about the auto. Your need to "justify" your

automatic purchase by stating it's "proven" to be as fast as a manual even with an experienced driver is pretty much a justification response. A funny and completely untrue one, but still a justification response from you. And I searched, you have had this arguement in other posts.

You apparently do have an inferiority complex about your choice of an auto vs. manual.

Anyway, if you are happy having the auto, great, leave it at that. But don't try to convince

all of us who know better that the auto LGT is as fast as the manual LGT in anykind of acceleration or driving contest. **End Edit

If they would make the LGT STI with the WRX STI internals, brakes, suspension, and most importantly that SWEET 6 speed manual tranny, I'd

be on it like flies on sh1t!

You (mblock66) apparently do have an inferiority complex about your choice of an auto vs. manual.

Anyway, if you are happy having the auto, great, leave it at that. But don't try to convince

all of us who know better that the auto LGT is as fast as the manual LGT in anykind of acceleration or driving contest.

amen tripod.

Perfectly good thread, hijacked by meaningless dribble that would probably sound alot different if it were face to face.

I have an idea...Shaaaaaaaaaat up already! :)

Lets take a step back for a minute, ask how much this really means to ANYONE, take a deep breath, and then talk Legacy GT again. Otherwise, to the powers that be, lets shut it down.

Thanks

LOL oh look it is Tripod hahaha

haven't seen your crap in a while all your old posts do is bash everyone. Oh I remember you screaming at a young LGT fella b/c he said he beat a mustang GT. But you think that is IMPOSSIBLE and wouldn't stop tooling on him. I don't need to prove my purchase to you or anyone on the board THAT ISN"T THE POINT OF MY POSTS hahaha.

Second your "no one asked your times" is an inital attack so ...ummm yeah hahahah

And I am not even the fastest 5EAT so don't even use my time. I don't care. I am not saying I am even the fastest 5EAT. It isn't about my car but the transmission....

There is a 13.4 already and neither him nor myself are portunes as most if not all the 12's are. I am not trying to justify anything as said in the past, just putting FACTS out that they are practically equal contenders.

This thread was about what trasmission you got and pluses and minues to them. I posted pluses for 5EAT hahaha. And get attacked. I don't have the complex. I think the MTs feel threatened b/c the 5EATs aren't as slow as they thought.

You guys need to get on the topic and debate properly. I have no complex b/c I am proving my points . I once again never said anything about the 5eat being faster. EVER! You like to put words in peoples mouths hahaha

Learn to debate the topic. I said that given street conditions the 5EAT can certainly hang with any MT unless he has a PERFECT run. PERIOD. In a vaccuum situation yeah the MT is lighter and has less DT loss. So it would win. But we dont' live in a vaccumm. I like to live on facts not magazine racing.

All tripods examples and apples to oranges anyway.

When mods and tracks aren't equal you can't compare. Last time I was at the track I beat 2 stage 2 MTs with more mods then me and lost to one that had the sti conversion. So.....do I care.....not really it is proves that both transmissions are capable.

Again, if you both would learn to debate the actual topic that would be a better discussion. But since you can't then this is what becomes of it. A pissing contest which apparently you get off on hahaha.

If you want to use stock turbo non protuned cars against each other then start there.

I think tronix's run beats almost all MT times posted but maybe 1. But again different tracks and slightly different mods.

I would even agree that the MT is more fun. Never said that it wasn't either. I sit in too much traffic to have one. But POINT OF THIS THREAD IS THAT AFTER BUYING THE 5EAT I AM NOT DISAPPOINTED AT ALL B/C IT IS PRACTICALLY EQUALLY FAST.

But since you can't read it is what is the point anyway hahahaha

And no I don't care what you think. There is a huge interest in the 5EAT and I get a lot of questions all the time about my posts and what I have and how I launch blah blah so my posts are worth while to the AT community. I like to discuss not get attacked. If you didn't want to know my times or my opinion then just don't post an insult. Simple as that!

Oh and just for the record....I dont care if the MT or AT is faster. I really don't. It doesn't matter 99.999999999% of my daily life anyway. If I cared which was faster that much I would have a corvette haha.

;)

I was waiting for you to chime in hahaha.

So did you get to the track yet with that thing? I am sure you will be the first AT in the 12's

If you guys wanna wait and see what protuned fully modded ATs do wait for wukindada to put up his #s. He is the most modded out there. But then again you don't work off real results I guess. ;)

Protune is on the 1st....Track day is on the 10th, first time @ the 1/4 with the GT. Hoping for @ least temps in the 50's;)

Had the car @ the local 1/8th mile 3 weeks ago...

60' 1.84

1/8 8.27 @ 83.98

When I launched I was only @ 3400, as I have said before my car launches best @ 3900. With a protune & new fuel pump the times should be very interesting.

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

hmm that is pretty good if my loose math serves me right I think that is like a 12.7 equiv right?! And that is prior to a protune! Damn

That is way faster then my 1/8!

I think I was 8.662 @ 78.81 on my best run. You are flying!

Can't wait to see what she does. I may head down to ATCO in NJ to try to get one last run this year while it is way colder then my last run. But not sure I have time.....

Good luck!

haven't seen your crap in a while all your old posts do is bash everyone. Oh I remember you screaming at a young LGT fella b/c he said he beat a mustang GT. But you think that is IMPOSSIBLE and wouldn't stop tooling on him. I don't need to prove my purchase to you or anyone on the board THAT ISN"T THE POINT OF MY POSTS hahaha.

Second your "no one asked your times" is an inital attack so ...ummm yeah hahahah

And I am not even the fastest 5EAT so don't even use my time. I don't care. I am not saying I am even the fastest 5EAT. It isn't about my car but the transmission....

There is a 13.4 already and neither him nor myself are portunes as most if not all the 12's are. I am not trying to justify anything as said in the past, just putting FACTS out that they are practically equal contenders.

This thread was about what trasmission you got and pluses and minues to them. I posted pluses for 5EAT hahaha. And get attacked. I don't have the complex. I think the MTs feel threatened b/c the 5EATs aren't as slow as they thought.

You guys need to get on the topic and debate properly. I have no complex b/c I am proving my points . I once again never said anything about the 5eat being faster. EVER! You like to put words in peoples mouths hahaha

Learn to debate the topic. I said that given street conditions the 5EAT can certainly hang with any MT unless he has a PERFECT run. PERIOD. In a vaccuum situation yeah the MT is lighter and has less DT loss. So it would win. But we dont' live in a vaccumm. I like to live on facts not magazine racing.

All tripods examples and apples to oranges anyway.

When mods and tracks aren't equal you can't compare. Last time I was at the track I beat 2 stage 2 MTs with more mods then me and lost to one that had the sti conversion. So.....do I care.....not really it is proves that both transmissions are capable.

Again, if you both would learn to debate the actual topic that would be a better discussion. But since you can't then this is what becomes of it. A pissing contest which apparently you get off on hahaha.

If you want to use stock turbo non protuned cars against each other then start there.

I think tronix's run beats almost all MT times posted but maybe 1. But again different tracks and slightly different mods.

I would even agree that the MT is more fun. Never said that it wasn't either. I sit in too much traffic to have one. But POINT OF THIS THREAD IS THAT AFTER BUYING THE 5EAT I AM NOT DISAPPOINTED AT ALL B/C IT IS PRACTICALLY EQUALLY FAST.

But since you can't read it is what is the point anyway hahahaha

And no I don't care what you think. There is a huge interest in the 5EAT and I get a lot of questions all the time about my posts and what I have and how I launch blah blah so my posts are worth while to the AT community. I like to discuss not get attacked. If you didn't want to know my times or my opinion then just don't post an insult. Simple as that!

Oh and just for the record....I dont care if the MT or AT is faster. I really don't. It doesn't matter 99.999999999% of my daily life anyway. If I cared which was faster that much I would have a corvette haha.

wow! could you write more? :lol: don't let your inferiority complex take you over. it just goes to show how immature you are by the name calling and how defensive you are. really sad.

You guys need to get on the topic and debate properly.

LOL! :lol:

look who's talking?

agctr (started of this thread) asked,"...what do u own, what do u like and what do u prefer MT or EAT ?"

then your 1st post for this thread states all your 1/4 mile times! :lol: another perfect example of another contradictory statement by mblock. you're looking so bad.

Are you STILL posting. All you do is say the same thing in every post hahah. Looking bad??? Oh no!!! What will people think hahaha I posted a 1/4 time lol. Since you are so concerned with what people think I think it is you that looks dumb here. I am staying on the CAR discussion. Just keep post attacking haha.

I voted in the poll and posted WHAT I OWN and WHY I PREFER IT lol

OMG you are a lost cause. GIVE UP!

Again you aren't even on the topic. Keep trying kid!:lol:;)

Post something useful already, that is what this forum is for! BTW people thanked me for posting my times in this thread, so it was appreciated and helpful to some. That is the point, you should try it!

LOL! :lol:

look who's talking?

agctr (started of this thread) asked,"...what do u own, what do u like and what do u prefer MT or EAT ?"

then your 1st post for this thread states all your 1/4 mile times! :lol: another perfect example of another contradictory statement by mblock. you're looking so bad.

Didn't have the time (nor care) to read your complete badgering novel.

But I'd like to see what post exactly you are claiming I "screamed" at

anybody.

Your funny mblock, but need to grow up.

I'll be waiting for the link to the post for you to justify the comment

about me screaming at somebody.

Oh, and spare me the dribble of your side comments.

Since you seem to think you are all knowing and always correct,

all I care about is you supporting the above claim with proof.

How old are you guys? Jeez, ALL of you involved grow up for Pete sakes, there are better things to be doing with your time than arguing on message boards.

Not to mention you are using our precious disk space with all this petty spitting back and forth.

Remember why you joined these boards, to learn things about your car, not to personally attack each other.

This behavior is much like the guy who gives you the finger in his car after he cuts you off. All safe and sound in his car, so he gives you the finger. Nanny, nanny boo boo. Different story when he doesn't have a car to hide in, or in this case a keyboard to type it on.

Lets get over it, and move on..

If not, someone please tell me how to unsubscribe from this crap.

First off I am not the one that needs to grow up. I have made one statement that you and your buddy jumped down my throat. And now I know the reason.

It was because of that Mustang GT vs LGT post I was referring to. You were both involved with flaming that post and I now understand why you are both involved in this thread haha. Kinda childish.

You used the same exact BS back in that thread when you made it seem like it was impossible for an LGT to beat a mustang. And when backed up against the wall by some other members (including me) for sticking up for a guy that was smiling about a nice kill, you needed to shut him down for some reason. Had nothing to do with AT or MT or whatever but just you hammering him and then jumping on me for sticking up for him.

Never said I "know everything". Tell me where I said that haha. I am here to learn and then pass on stuff to others. In fact I knew very little and this forum has been great to me! I don't come to put others down or flame threads. I have breezed through your posts and man you are one negative guy. You never have anything nice to say.

Anyway...here is the link.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15833

oh and then there is this one! Which is what made me stick up for the mustang guy. You had to attack edmund too whom is one of my friends. So that should be enough proof!

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15854

A little more maturity would be a good thing! Don't attack everyones posts. If he beat a mustang he beat a mustang. If I have an AT that is pretty quick I have an AT that is pretty quick. If edmund raced someone and won then let it be. Why argue with everyone? I guess I don't see the point....

Yes I was part of the insults but I retracted them and tried to get this thread back on topic. I guess you both just have a personal grudge since then, which is fine. But again....pretty childish.

Didn't have the time (nor care) to read your complete badgering novel.

But I'd like to see what post exactly you are claiming I "screamed" at

anybody.

Your funny mblock, but need to grow up.

I'll be waiting for the link to the post for you to justify the comment

about me screaming at somebody.

Oh, and spare me the dribble of your side comments.

Since you seem to think you are all knowing and always correct,

all I care about is you supporting the above claim with proof.

Archived