LegacyGT.com

Official Firearm Thread V3

SBT

No issues with my 43X. Aftermarket parts are:

Brownells threaded barrel. Hyve aluminum mag release, Hyve Tiger backplate, Shield Arms 15 rd mags, Ameriglo Hackathorn night sights.

I got three of the 15 rd mags when they first came out. Coworkers and I then proceeded to shoot a case of ammo to break the mags in. No issues. They then ordered mags for themselves. They’re still running OEM mag catches and will replace if needed. I just blinged mine up with the red Hyve pieces.

Is there a replacement slide which you would consider getting? I just don't like the generic look of the stock one. I'm def thinking about upgrading sights and maybe trigger as I've heard that's a thing to do

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I put Ameriglo Hackathorns on mine. Front tritium dot with orange ring and blacked out rear.

I also installed a smooth faced trigger from a Glock 17 into the 43X because I do it with all my compact Glocks that have the ridged trigger.

Not sure who makes slides for this gun. There’s plenty of places that will modify your slide.

Maple Leaf did some slide stuff to my duty gun and off duty gun.

Off duty gun: gen3 Glock 32. Maple Leaf did the front serrations and top chamfer cuts then redid the slide in nitride. Polymer Refined stippled the frame.

6-B58449-F-E8-AE-4-AD5-9048-4-EFA536-AC622.jpg

Maple Leaf did the same as above and a Trijicon RMR cut on my duty gun. Gen4 Glock 31.

294-DEAA6-61-FD-4-F15-A87-F-8-F5897-CF71-AC.jpg

A while back I picked up a set of Altamont stocks for my M19 snubby. They needed some minor fitting, and I finally got around to it and got them mounted up.

50245295318_afe2a3bccb_c.jpg

This gun is pretty good shape considering it's older than most of the people on this forum... :p

• 4 weeks later...

In today's market I would consider them average.

You almost have to consider the individual optic, and its direct competitors. Holosun, for example, I would consider average for most products, but their pistol optics are right there with Trijicon, and much better than most of the other stuff on the market.

Shot a USPSA match last Sunday, had fun. Shot my carry gun in Carry Optics division. LOL.

Hadn’t picked up a pistol in months, still managed to place ahead of more experienced shooters (with member numbers and shit) by shooting plenty of “A”s (top ten in “A”s for the match). But I was slow, didn’t understand the scoring at all, and running a polymer framed pistol with a duty trigger and small concealment oriented RDS didn’t help. Plus I was running stock 15 round magazines, so I got to reload more than everyone else.

Still kind of have an itch to do it again, and actually like practice and shit. Probably not going to campaign my carry gun against purpose built match guns, so I have an excuse now to get a pistol made for USPSA. At this point interested in maybe being able to shoot Production, Limited, and Carry Optics. Kind of leaning towards an all steel frame CZ variant because they fit the rules and were quite popular at the match I attended. Also noticed a few P320 X5’s, but sadly I do not get along with SIG slide stops and virtually never get lock back on an empty magazine.

I have a pistol to run in limited if I can work a few issues out with it (P226 X5 .40 S&W) namely the damn slide stop lever is huge, the trigger could use some work, and I don’t care for the sights. It’s also absurdly over sprung.

Aside from the X5 I already have, any reason not to pick up a CZ for shooting in divisions with “minor” only scoring?

It's a lot of fun shooting USPSA with a duty gun out of duty gear and finishing high in the order... :D

There's a lot to be said for shooting clean, but the scoring puts so much emphasis on speed, a really fast shooter with a bunch of 'C's will still get you.

CZs seem to be pretty popular these days, probably can't go wrong, and easy to re-sell if you don't like it.

I'm not a big fan of the old P series Sigs... high bore axis, awkward ergonomics, and the D/A to S/A trigger press. All of that will work against you when you're on the clock.

Yeah USPSA scoring is not marksmanship intensive, pointing this out at the match made me no friends. Frankly the scoring emphasis on speed above all else in my mind is tantamount to negligence in real world applications. That said the top of the heap shooters shot clean with almost no mikes and no no shoots.

It’s all those pukes in the middle who got me by being sloppy and fast. I’d love to design a course for them with a 5’X5’ white no shoot zone around every target... better not miss fuckers, and then put black “hard cover zones” or white no shoots partially obscuring the targets as well. Guys who know how to apply fundamentals quickly would still dominate, but the sloppy fast guys would get ******* crushed.

It's a lot of fun shooting USPSA with a duty gun out of duty gear and finishing high in the order... :D

There's a lot to be said for shooting clean, but the scoring puts so much emphasis on speed, a really fast shooter with a bunch of 'C's will still get you.

CZs seem to be pretty popular these days, probably can't go wrong, and easy to re-sell if you don't like it.

I'm not a big fan of the old P series Sigs... high bore axis, awkward ergonomics, and the D/A to S/A trigger press. All of that will work against you when you're on the clock.

The X5 I have is SAO which helps, and it’s all steel with a 5” bull barrel. Recoil is very tame but probably not as flat as the CZ with a lower bore axis. I need to decide if I’m going to sell it, or keep it and get it tuned up to shoot Limited major power factor.

Nice Langdon 92 Centurion.

Details? Trigger job? Etc.

Not sure, it was a birthday present from my girlfriend. Let me see what's in the packing list.

No packing list.

Model: J92GQ9LTTM

Product Description: 92G ELITE LTT CENT 3-18RD

Approximate Manufacture Date: 2020

That's on the side of the box. Let me ask her for the receipt.

SKU: LTT-92T-TJ-OP18

92 Elite LTT Centurion

(Elite LTT: Elite LTT with LTT Trigger Job (Most Popular), 92 Elite LTT Trigger Bar Option: Optimized Performance Trigger Bar, 92 Elite LTT Centurion Magazine Sizes: 18-round magazines)

Subtotal: $1,164.00 USD

Coupon Code -$116.40 USD

Shipping: $0.00 USD

Grand Total: $1,047.60 USD

some more pics:

Ignore the Husky hair. I can't seem to get rid of it. It's everywhere.

89-CF56-C8-6595-4013-AC71-5255-D4-B6150-C.jpg

A87-B3600-DBED-4-ABB-A7-DE-E06-CB838-CD75.jpg

19-E3617-C-B01-B-4-C52-995-C-73293-BF20-FDA.jpg

90-BFB2-F5-3305-45-B9-9-DB9-940-CFC41-A1-D8.jpg

I love the thinness of the grips. I'm moving these to my Brigadier. I ordered some Langdon black cherry grips for this gun.

I have a pistol to run in limited if I can work a few issues out with it (P226 X5 .40 S&W) namely the damn slide stop lever is huge, the trigger could use some work, and I don’t care for the sights. It’s also absurdly over sprung.

Aside from the X5 I already have, any reason not to pick up a CZ for shooting in divisions with “minor” only scoring?

Is the slide on the 320 not locking back because it's hitting your grip?

Consider swapping the legion slide stop onto the 226. It's a direct swap. The gray guns triggers are really nice too. MAybe just consider swapping the 226 for a 226 legion, which will have the better sights, trigger and lever installed from the factory.

dR

Edited by dark_rex

The Legion sights aren’t any better than what is on the pistol already, nor is the Legion trigger any better. For my purposes the SA trigger needs to be down around 3lbs or less, on a heavy all steel gun that mitigates recoil. No one is shooting a P226 Legion in .40 S&W in limited division that isn’t also getting crushed.

I haven’t seen any yet, but due to weight limits in USPSA being so high the guys I’ve seen so far tend to favor all steel guns like CZ’s and 2011’s. More weight equals less recoil, especially when the weight is in the muzzle area from a bull barrel and massive dust cover.

I’m sure that in IDPA the LTT guns will be more competitive, I think they actually try to govern their carry or production oriented divisions with rules more aligned with actual carry guns and duty guns. USPSA has gotten to the point that it’s pretty much all race guns all the time with variations in sighting equipment, comp or no comp, and magazine capacity, plus power factor for scoring. Otherwise it’s all 45oz+ full size pistols with very light triggers, and all the shoot fast gamer stuff the rules allow. Not exactly carry or duty guns!

Is the slide on the 320 not locking back because it's hitting your grip?

Consider swapping the legion slide stop onto the 226. It's a direct swap. The gray guns triggers are really nice too. MAybe just consider swapping the 226 for a 226 legion, which will have the better sights, trigger and lever installed from the factory.

dR

The extra cost for a legion isn't worth it at all. all of the perks that justify spending double can be achieved on a regular 226 for less money with better results.

P226 Legion: $1600

P226 SA/DA with nite sights: $950; Trijicon sights with labor $150 (regular or fiber optic). Extra mag: $45, the cost to upgrade the trigger isn't going to deliver marginally better results and the stock one is pretty good.

For $1200 you can have a regular P226 shoot way better and not have a gun with a stupid logo and coin that makes you look like a homosexual

Sig P220 series guns aren't great for competition, they're a great home defense, do everything kind of gun but not for matches if your goal is to win.

Edited by THE RZA

• 2 months later...