LegacyGT.com

Official Firearm Thread V3

SBT

2nd amendment doesn't apply in Maryland

Reason I stayed my happy ass in NoVa crying about car tax the semi new Legacy was costing me. They wasn't playing that year I was unemployed. Missed the payment and they locked the BMV from even looking at my records.

*sigh*

Finally finished the 18" AR and was going to install a suppressor muzzle device on it and my Tavor X95. Of course my only tube of Rocksett has solidified.

So rifles back to storage and ordered a jar of Rocksett.

Why are you using rocksett on muzzle device? I use anti-seize on mine

I don't want the muzzle devices coming off when I remove the suppressors.

I move my centerfire rifle suppressors from rifle to rifle. Too expensive to buy dedicated suppressors for each weapon. I have one .30 cal, one 5.56, two .45, two 9mm and four .22LR suppressors. The rifle ones are the ones I move around. The pistol ones are all direct thread and cheaper so I can dedicate them to certain weapons and my kids don't like sharing.

Edited by chowser51
Spelling

I don't know want the muzzle devices coming off when I remove the suppressors.

I move my centerfire rifle suppressors from rifle to rifle. Too expensive to buy dedicated suppressors for each weapon. I have one .30 cal, one 5.56, two .45, two 9mm and four .22LR suppressors. The rifle ones are the ones I move around. The pistol ones are all direct thread and cheaper so I can dedicate them to certain weapons and my kids don't like sharing.

Most major companies that produce quick detach silencers recommend using rocksett when attaching the muzzle device to the barrel.

My wife want a gun now. I be sighing her up for that stupid MD HQL that I think it's BS. I'm thinking to get her a Beretta 96A1 or 92FS. Depends on witch one she feel more comfortable with.

I be in the market this spring/summer for a Glock 17 or 19 and I have not made up my mind between the two. I still need to get a gun safe.

I'm trying to find a legal way to bring in a Russian AK47 into my state. If that means I have to apply for a collector license. I will do it.

Edited by amusa

My wife want a gun now. I be sighing her up for that stupid MD HQL that I think it's BS. I'm thinking to get her a Beretta 96A1 or 92FS. Depends on witch one she feel more comfortable with.

I be in the market this spring/summer for a Glock 17 or 19 and I have not made up my mind between the two. I still need to get a gun safe.

I'm trying to find a legal way to bring in a Russian AK47 into my state. If that means I have to apply for a collector license. I will do it.

Or you could move to the United States.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

she feel more comfortable with.

Have her hold them all before buying. The Berettas might be too thick. The gen4 Glocks without Backstraps might fit her better. But she might not have any issues at all. Just let her try first.

Now my tiny 19yr old daughter in law and my even tinier 14yr old daughter have no issues shooting my Beretta 92 or my Glock 21. Neither can grip the Beretta correctly for the first DA shot but have no issues shooting it SA. I'm giving my 92F to my son which is why I started my daughter in law on the Beretta. My own daughter has already "claimed" my Glock 21.

Because that is what you are supposed to use when mounting suppressor compatible muzzle devices

Huh, didnt know that. Guess since in CA where suppressors are illegal I never had to come across this.....

Thanks for the info.

So I was restocking myself with ammo for the Mini-14 and purely on a whim I picked up a Kimber Two-Tone 1911 in 9mm with a 5" barrel. For being several ounces heavier than my son's XD-S it actually felt lighter and more natural with a nice smooth feel to its operation. I'm thinking real serious about picking it up, so does anybody have any direct personal experience with Kimbers? Supposedly Kimber has made all the extractors internal, which I have heard was a problem in the past.

I'm in NJ, where CC is damn near impossible to get, so I'm specifically looking at the 5". Didn't seem to be a bad price, well under $800, and I'm not looking at starting a big pistol collection.

Norm

Edited by Norm Peterson

So I was restocking myself with ammo for the Mini-14 and purely on a whim I picked up a Kimber Two-Tone 1911 in 9mm with a 5" barrel. For being several ounces heavier than my son's XD-S it actually felt lighter and more natural with a nice smooth feel to its operation. I'm thinking real serious about picking it up, so does anybody have any direct personal experience with Kimbers? Supposedly Kimber has made all the extractors internal, which I have heard was a problem in the past.

I'm in NJ, where CC is damn near impossible to get, so I'm specifically looking at the 5". Didn't seem to be a bad price, well under $800, and I'm not looking at starting a big pistol collection.

Norm

The true diehard 1911 fans don't like the external but I also have a 1911Sc with external extractor. Earlier models of my 1911Sc the pin would work it's way loose falling down and cause issues but that design flaw has been fixed for my gun.

LOL yeah I was stationed at JB MDL so I know your pain. I refused to move there so I stayed here in Ohio and commuted for my weekend drills and stayed in hotels when I was there on long orders. Guns stayed home since even my hollow points are a no no there. Even the NYPD guys who came down for frill would get hassled for hollow points.

As an update - I looked at a few more 1911's yesterday and came away very impressed with Springfield's Range Officer (in 9). A bit pricier (still under $1k) but has an adjustable rear sight and a stronger warranty should I ever need that. New leading candidate.

Norm

Edited by Norm Peterson
sticky keyboard

Bought a .300WM and a 12 gauge.

Should get to my FFL on Monday.

Then the 10 day wait...

Ammo showed up a few days ago already.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170309/c6ebf4ff60b8ee66ade92a86496020c7.jpg[/

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170309/b4407b3cbdcf214866bc141b69ff604a.jpg[]

Too bad kalifornians don't have to wait 10 days to vote. Or use free speech. This country would be a lot better off

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

That roster is pissing me off.

I found a good deal on a few pistols, ready to buy...Looked them up, and they are on the roster...

Still want to build an AR10 soon and a few AR15's when I can.

"Build" Thread <--Link

(OLD) '05 EJ255 now a '13 EJ257 Bottom End w/D25 heads (NEW)

Forever Slow

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm not really a fan of Kimber, I feel like you're paying too much for their product. Dan Wesson, or Springfield Ranger Officer or the TRP would be a much better 1911 for the money.

In your case I would look at the Sig 938.

I'm not really a fan of Kimber, I feel like you're paying too much for their product. Dan Wesson, or Springfield Ranger Officer or the TRP would be a much better 1911 for the money.

In your case I would look at the Sig 938.

Kind of funny... Kimber was top flight when they first came out, and Dan Wesson was a cheap POS...

I do agree Kimber has slipped a bit. Springfield Range Officer is a solid 1911, TRP is great if you want to spend that much. Honestly, the Ruger is a pretty good gun at the price point. Anything under $12-1500 in a 1911 may require a bit of work to really run well.

Kimber has slipped a bit, imho. In the 90's they were hot shit and most of their guns had a "custom" touch to them. The Raptor comes out of the "custom" shop. Its not their run of the mill (meaning I hope it would be tad better). Retail is $895 and that price is in line with what you get. The Micro 9 however is not a "1911". It is a 1911 "style", not a true 1911. It would be blasphemy to acquire a true 1911 chambered in anything other than .45cal. I am ok with the 9mm as it is not a true 1911 and Kimber has openly shown the differences to be sure. I was initially intrigued by the diminutive size of the gun (for holding 6+1 rounds). My twisted thought process on display, lol.

1911's work best in .45 ACP. Period. Followed by .38 Super or 9x23 Winchester because the cartridges are long enough they don't get out of whack on the feed ramp like a 9x19 often can. The 10mm also works but is hard on the frame.

If you want a 1911 that works like Browning intended: buy a 5" barreled version in .45 ACP with no guide rod, a 16.5lb to 18lb recoil spring, and no cast or MIM parts assembled by someone who knows what they're doing. If a medium bore is a must then get the same 5" gun in a .38 Super or 9x23.

Any deviation from that cartridge length or barrel length reduces reliability and forgiveness in the system and increases the amount of skill and care required to assemble one that runs correctly. This can still be accomplished reasonably with the 4.25" commander sized guns. Anything shorter and it's a total crap shoot. Any cartridge shorter than .45 ACP/.38 Super and it's also a crap shoot.

If you want a 9mm that is single action and a Browning design buy a Hi-Power. Otherwise the SIG P226 SAO is a good alternative particularly the Legion model.