LegacyGT.com

ebo03's 2006 Baja Turbo - IAG built motor, Dom 1.5XTR, Cobb Flex Fuel, Brembo, Recaro

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Exhaust is milder than expected. But when the wastegate cracks open :eek:. Pedestrians and bicyclists beware!

It has an 18" Vibrant bottle style resonator. I wonder how much it would change going down to their 12" piece. I don't think losing the resonator all together is an option as I don't want any drone at highway cruising speeds. 5th gear cruising RPMs are 3.25-4k so maybe that would be out of intolerable drone range.

I'll try to snap some pics of a few things later today.

I just talked to Vibrant and they recommended stepping down to the 1794 12" resonator. He said the race mufflers would not control drone at all; they have no packing just some stainless mesh to provide racers a solution if a track requires a "muffler".

They are currently developing a new tunable resonator that they hope to release by the end of the year.

• 2 weeks later...

I do like the bronze against the blue body. Kind of an understated version of the classic rally blue and gold look.

I'm ok having the calipers mostly covered up. The whole idea behind the Baja is for it to look like an ordinary POS...unless you really look.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Disappointed in Cerakote's 2000° Glacier Black. Installed two months ago!

Had I known it would take months to find time to get all the power parts on I would have sent the header off to Swaintech instead of using a local coater.

6d87c34083a028f35974c32bfff5716a.jpgf21b7c4cfc3acda7fe728d29f363a6b1.jpg0aac760c71a8c3524aec82c9f7223e29.jpg

WC Lathewerks shift knob extension is a work of art! Looks much cleaner than the Subtle Solutions extension which doesn't attach at the boot. But that's an apples to oranges price comparison.

1000d8e88fa097efc5d727ea8fed7d26.jpg

• 6 months later...
Why the switch? Better support for the ecu switch or something else?

Pretty sure that Cobb does not support the Baja, even though the ECU is probably the same one as the 04-08 FXT. So that's probably why the switch, so the AP recognizes the ECU.

Pretty sure that Cobb does not support the Baja, even though the ECU is probably the same one as the 04-08 FXT. So that's probably why the switch, so the AP recognizes the ECU.

I meant the switch from opensource to Cobb. I figured that's why you would switch the ecu for tuning, but was just curious why leave opensource.