LegacyGT.com

ebo03's 2006 Baja Turbo - IAG built motor, Dom 1.5XTR, Cobb Flex Fuel, Brembo, Recaro

OEM 04-05 STI hood scoop is on the way. Baja scoop is even smaller than 5th gen LGT if you can imagine that.

Hopefully I can cut the stock hood and fit the larger scoop to it. Not 100% sure until I have it in hand and fit the Grimmspeed TMIC and splitter to the car. Baja scoop lays similar to 5th gen LGT where it is built into a curvature in the hood.

STI hood scoop is a different animal all together. STI hood is flat with a cut out for the scoop to attach with hardware. Plan B is to get a 2000-04 NA Legacy/Outback hood and cut it to fit the STI scoop. I can pick up a hood at a salvage yard for $150 or less.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was under the car today looking around to get an idea of the lay out of the exhaust. I realized that I do not have the plastic under tray. So Primitive 3/8" skid plate and rear diff cover are on the way.

^^^ They also have a transmission protection plate...at least for the Legacy. Check.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

^^^ They also have a transmission protection plate...at least for the Legacy. Check.

Hmmm I only saw those for auto trans. I did see them for 5th gens also. Post a link if you don't mind.

With any luck I will have the Baja back today. The diagnosis was a botched timing belt service! A dowel pin was not inserted correctly when installing the cam gear. Sounds like it wasn't lined up properly and just gorilla'd in. So the ECU was reading the cam position as over advanced and constantly trying to adjust for it.

Faulkner Subaru in Harrisburg, PA can suck it. They did the head gaskets and timing belt in December 2015 (the previous owner was a service advisor there at the time). The car only has 1,500 miles on it since then. I'm just glad I didn't pay for their shoddy work. I'd be willing to bet that they also F'ed up the TGV sensor. From what I understand they are very sensitive and a moderate tap with a tool would be enough to kill it. TGV sensor was fine prior to arriving in their shop and the CEL came on within a couple hundred miles. At that point he had left the dealership so they weren't willing to even diagnose it for free. They claimed that the sensor had nothing to do with the work they performed. True, if they weren't careless dumb fucks which they obviously are.

Edited by ebo03

Stock upper coolant reservoir is huge, looks horrible, and takes up a lot of space. Found a brand new and unused Killer B piece in the NASIOC classifieds. It arrived yesterday.

With any luck I will have the Baja back today. The diagnosis was a botched timing belt service! A dowel pin was not inserted correctly when installing the cam gear. Sounds like it wasn't lined up properly and just gorilla'd in. So the ECU was reading the cam position as over advanced and constantly trying to adjust for it.

Faulkner Subaru in Harrisburg, PA can suck it. They did the head gaskets and timing belt in December 2015 (the previous owner was a service advisor there at the time). The car only has 1,500 miles on it since then. I'm just glad I didn't pay for their shoddy work. I'd be willing to bet that they also F'ed up the TGV sensor. From what I understand they are very sensitive and a moderate tap with a tool would be enough to kill it. TGV sensor was fine prior to arriving in their shop and the CEL came on within a couple hundred miles. At that point he had left the dealership so they weren't willing to even diagnose it for free. They claimed that the sensor had nothing to do with the work they performed. True, if they weren't careless dumb fucks which they obviously are.

No luck for me. The cam gear was supposed to arrive today but got hung up in shipping along the way. Another weekend without the mullet.[emoji22]

Picked her up today and all is well. In addition to the dowel pin being out of alignment one of the bolts was out about 1/8-1/4". Only a matter of time before it backed itself out further and caused larger problems. Edited by ebo03

Getting an EGT bung welded on the header then will drop it off for ceramic coating today or tomorrow.

Brembos are scheduled for surgery this week. Maybe I'll have them back by the end of next week.

Nothing like a 97° day to change the cabin air filter out. Unlike our lovely 5th gens the entire glove box has to be removed in the Baja.

What jackass removes a filter and doesn't bother to replace it? I wonder if a dealership charged one of the previous owners for a new one. Anyway, a new filter is in after much sweat and a few curse words.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160814/2f24365899084b3819321f4a5fd61ca3.jpg

^^^ I believe I see toilet paper at the top left of the photo.

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

Referring to Chinese Yen?

Renminbi...if memory serves correct.

Memories....

The Brembos will be at least another two weeks away. The guy repairing them is slammed with travel for track support and he's under the gun to install a Brembo setup on his friend's track car for next weekend.

I ordered all the brake parts today from KNS Brakes along with a Kartboy short shifter and various bushings. LGT will get new rotors and pads. I'll swap most of the brake parts from the LGT to the Baja -- DBA T2 front rotors and all pads will transfer over. Unfortunately the rear rotors are not compatible between the two setups so T2 rear adapter rotors will go on the Baja.