LegacyGT.com

ebo03's 2006 Baja Turbo - IAG built motor, Dom 1.5XTR, Cobb Flex Fuel, Brembo, Recaro

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

CEL was on consistently last night while running a few errands. It was not on this morning when I started it to head to work then it turned on after 10 minutes or so.

Neither O'Reilly or Advance could get their scan tools to hook up to the car. So maybe it's something unrelated to the TGV sensor and an electrical issue with the OBD port itself. It's going back to the shop again this afternoon.

P0021 Camshaft Position Actuator A - Bank 2 Timing Over Advance.

Timing may be off or control valve solenoid screen is dirty or clogged. Talk about bad luck but most likely a simple fix. Timing belt, head gaskets, etc were done on this car a few months and less than 2,000 miles ago.

Should have it back early next week.

Oh and he had no trouble pulling the code. Very odd stuff with this odd car.

Edited by ebo03

Downpipe should be here Tuesday. Dropped the manifold off to have an EGT bung welded on today then Cerakote 2000° glacier black will be applied to it and the up-pipe and dump tube. The coater is slammed with a big order of powder coating so I don't expect to have it for a few weeks.

Hopefully next week I'll get a time frame on the Brembo rebuild. I think the DBA rear adapter rotors are on back order until August.

Also, the Tial MV-R is on back order until early August. I will need to get a Tactrix cable in the mean time. Hopefully by the end of August I'll have a much more fun stage 2 Baja with Brembos. Also going to add a short shifter and bushings throughout the driveline.

I opened some boxes today just to take a look at everything. Pretty excited to get it all on the car!

Edited by ebo03

^^ Thats,exactly what I want to put on my Fozz but in gunmetal. Nice!

Go for it! Discount Tire Direct gave me a great deal on them.

My only gripe is that the center caps were not properly installed on two of the wheels. It was obvious that the bolts were torqued in sequence so 4 were good, 1 was cock eyed and stuck about half way. Nothing a couple of minutes with a tap and die couldn't fix but still frustrating to have to resort to that on a brand new set of wheels. A techician should have a little more common sense and care.

There aren't many wheels that look like they are suitable for a truck or SUV in Subaru fitment. I'm really pleased with the looks of these. Can't wait to get them over a set of Brembos soon.

Edited by ebo03

A manual baja turbo is what I originally started searching for, and will probably end up buying next time I need to purchase a car. I love everything about them. Failing that, an outback XT.

I want to do stupid offroady things/live out rally driver fantasies.

Yep, 2.5" drop from stock. 2014 STi suspension with 1" tophat spacers all around. Suspension geometry (control arm angle) is the same as the STi since the Forester has 3/4" to 1" subframe spacers, so it handles nicely on the road with the 250/300 pound spring rates, but is still very off road capable. A lot of amateur WRX/STI rally guys use the stock STI suspension because it's pretty stout.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160718/42f35f228a7a757dcf06bba134e30b63.jpg

^^^ Dont #uck with it. I like it as it is. Factory wheels and all.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

Here's a pic of some Porsche 996 calipers recently finished by Hayworth Racing Brakes. I'm digging the color; almost looks like billet aluminum. So it will be silver with red lettering for me.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160719/3cd9679d59668817a1e311cb325856b4.jpg

Here's a pic of some Porsche 996 calipers recently finished by Hayworth Racing Brakes. I'm digging the color; almost looks like billet aluminum. So it will be silver with red lettering for me.

that is an amazing color! until i read your comment i actually thought those were polished metal rather than paint.

that is an amazing color! until i read your comment i actually thought those were polished metal rather than paint.

It's powder coat applied by H. M. Elliott Coatings in Mooresville, NC.

Timing checked out just fine. One of the cam position sensors is struggling to monitor position when driving. Oil control solenoid was pulled, cleaned, and sensor still not able to monitor cam position.

Next step is to check that the screens in the oil lines were removed per Subaru TSB. The previous owner confirmed that this was not done when the timing belt and head gaskets were replaced in December 2015...too bad for me! I also checked with a couple dealers that had logged services on it's Carfax report. The screens were not removed by either of them.

I should have it back Monday or Tuesday. In the mean time, I may pick it up and see if I can at least get the downpipe, intake, and TMIC on this weekend if the Tactrix cable will be here in time. UPDATE: Tactrix cable was delivered today!

Edited by ebo03
Tactrix cable status

Just in case anybody was wondering, Planted makes a seat bracket for Bajas. SB261 is the exact same as SB210 (3rd Gen Legacy).

I have been considering a Recaro Speed so I reached out to Planted a few weeks ago to see if the SB210 would fit a Baja. Well looks like they found a test vehicle and it does fit! Their rep said they assigned a new part # just to eliminate any possible confusion with multiple models sharing the same part.