LegacyGT.com

Why are you still waxing your car?

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a normal tail light with aftermarket tinting on it. http://www.jinsu-power.com sells the tail light film that I used.

You can layer sealants on top of sealants, so wolfgang over klasse will work fine. In fact, it looks pretty good.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

I was as big fan of Klasse (still am), except for the finicky application of the SG (still getting the hang of it), but after seeing many photos I have to say that I think Wolfgang and Zaino might be better looking. Can anyone comment on the durability of these compared to Klasse. I usually put on 1 coat of AIO followed by 2 coats of SG and this can last amost a year.

Hey OCD

I just wasted (at management's point of view) the day reading the thread and well, where do you recommend I get the Wolfgang Deep Gloss Total Concours kit from? I found this http://superiorcarcare.net/wg6500.html but just wanted to see if you had a better place to order from.

I just picked up a new white 06 legacy this Saturday and will probably be using the Wolfgang kit on it this weekend. Should I do a wash with Dawn dish soap to get rid of any previous waxes/chemicals on there before going into the Wolfgang Polish Enhancer then sealer or can I just use the Wolfgang wash soap?

Hey OCD

I just wasted (at management's point of view) the day reading the thread and well, where do you recommend I get the Wolfgang Deep Gloss Total Concours kit from? I found this http://superiorcarcare.net/wg6500.html but just wanted to see if you had a better place to order from.

I just picked up a new white 06 legacy this Saturday and will probably be using the Wolfgang kit on it this weekend. Should I do a wash with Dawn dish soap to get rid of any previous waxes/chemicals on there before going into the Wolfgang Polish Enhancer then sealer or can I just use the Wolfgang wash soap?

check out detailcity.com http://detailcity.com/wolfgang-deep-gloss-total-concours-kit.html

I know that's where OCD has told people to go to before.. I also think there is/was a code of "legacy" that would give you 10% off.

Doing a Dawn wash would probably help get rid of whatever grease the dealership used before they gave it to you, but a better suggestion would be to get the pre-wax polish enhancer along with the sealant. The two products together are what make the biggest difference. It is the process that matters more than the product most of the time, but in this case the right products are part of the process. If you really want to get the surface clean, then that polish is going to be a good choice to use.

OCDETAILS BLOG

Doing a Dawn wash would probably help get rid of whatever grease the dealership used before they gave it to you, but a better suggestion would be to get the pre-wax polish enhancer along with the sealant. The two products together are what make the biggest difference. It is the process that matters more than the product most of the time, but in this case the right products are part of the process. If you really want to get the surface clean, then that polish is going to be a good choice to use.

I'll be sure to get that. I guess I'll go for the overkill and do the dawn wash as well as the pre-wax polish then top off with the sealant. Gotta get the paint started off on the right foot and all.

Euclid: Thanks for the link.

Hey OCD -

Thanks for helping us out! I just picked up a brand new LGT from the dealer and I noticed their detailing technique wasn't the greatest but the car does look nice. It looks glassy and smooth to the touch so I imagine there's some sort of wax on it. What do you recommend I do from here to protect it for the upcoming winter? I will probably get to wash it once or twice before it's too cold for me to do so outside.

And secondly, how do you feel about the following products? As an avid member of Autopia.org, I've read A LOT of recommendations and such. Some products I have, some I would consider getting based on their member feedback.

- Collinite 845 insultator wax (I have this and LOVE it)

- Duragloss Aquawax (spray wax for "in-between" full wax jobs)

- Optimum OCW

- Klasse twins AIO and SG

- Griot's Garage Paint Sealant

- Griot's Garage Speed Shine (have this, am satisfied so far but open to other quick-kinds of detailers)

I haven't been on Autopia for quite awhile (I use the handle Jngrbrdman over there and was one of the original moderators back in the day). There are so many products out there that it just isn't possible to keep up with them all. I haven't used any of the Collinite products and I'm not really familiar with much of the Griot's line of products either. I do love the Klasse products and I'm just getting introduced to some of the Optimum line. Mostly I have just been sticking to what works and not doing as much experimenting as I used to do. Most of the advice I have to offer on what to do to your car is on my website. I'd suggest checking out the articles on there and seeing if it helps answer any of your questions. Also check this forum for some good advise and recomendations. :)

OCDETAILS BLOG

#9 on a scale from 1 to 10 is about a 3. It is mostly fillers and doesn't do much swirl removal. If you need something less than 2.5 then I would suggest going for either 2 or 1. or better yet, Pinnacle has some new polishes called XMT that are awesome. XMT 1 or 2 (similar abrasive scales to Poorboy's) are a couple of my knockout combo. I've got pictures that I'll have to post for you later. They would work great.

OCDETAILS BLOG

Hey OCD.. I've been meaning to ask. How important is using wolfgang pre-wax polish enhancer? I have yet to use it when doing my "full" detail. I usually just clay -> poorboys ssr2 -> poorboys ssr1 -> then the sealant. I figured the poorboys was taking care of the wolfgang polish. But is my thought process wrong? Should I be using it as well?

thanks

thanks OCD, your site has really good info. I have 75% of the products you list on your reviews. good stuff.

here's a question - can I layer a wax (like my Collinite) on top of the Klasse SG, or is that a waste of time and product? will just the AIO and SG suffice? I was thinking, as part of my "post-winter" restoration to use AIO, then SG, and then top the SG with a wax to give it the ultimate shine. let me me know your thoughts.

Hey I have a question for OCD. First let me say your work looks outstanding. I just ordered 16 oz of Wolfgang Deep Gloss paint sealant. Would it be ok if I used Eagle One Nano Wax over the sealant to give it that extra special shine or should I use a different type of wax? Thanks in advance

How do I remove hard water spots? Just picked up a Regal Blue '06 LGT LTD wagon and after reading a lot on this forum, I bought a bunch of product. I washed properly and applied Klasse AI and Wolfgang with the PC 7424, but the spots are still there. What's the right stuff for the job?

(Thanks, this Forum and its particpants are awesome!)

How do I remove hard water spots? Just picked up a Regal Blue '06 LGT LTD wagon and after reading a lot on this forum, I bought a bunch of product. I washed properly and applied Klasse AI and Wolfgang with the PC 7424, but the spots are still there. What's the right stuff for the job?

(Thanks, this Forum and its particpants are awesome!)

I tried washing, waxing, clay, and even vinegar, no luck!

Scratch-X works, I imagine any good polishing compound would.

My other car is a 1993 Chevy S-10 Tahoe! (Currently being driven to failure by my nephew)

these 2 pics are the only pics that came out decently well after i recently dumped a second layer of wolfgang sealant on my car (i had clayed, wolfgang swirl removed, polish enhanced, and sealanted my car about 10 days prior).

Awesome results, car looks amazing in person, and much thanks to OCD for all the hints!

Mike

P1040508.jpg.fefd1462fb39fc7f03e99518c6e7e03c.jpg

P1040511.jpg.843c3e973dc06ff3f47cd6d25ff248b2.jpg

SoCal Duck Hunters Club - Unit 52

Let me get this straight... You leave your car out in the real world and dust actually has the balls to LAND on it??? :lol:

There is nothing that will keep dust off your car. My advice is to learn to live with it. Your car attracts dust when it shines and water when it rains. You can't avoid it no matter what you use.

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived