LegacyGT.com

Why are you still waxing your car?

A) Use the clay lube, sometimes the water and soap get a little grabby in spots.

B) Try the two bucket method when washing (do a search), especially for the first wash.

c) I have absolutely no idea what OCDetails name is...Anthony maybe?

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK

so here is the fnal step-by-step order: (please correct if necessary OCDETAILS) how does it look to you??

please note, my car is a 1995, but surprisingly, the paint still looks to be in great shape!

1. Wash (wool mitt or microfiber mitt + soap + water) WITH Dawn (Im starting from scratch)

2. let the car dry mostly then clay with Clay Magic (use lots of water or soapy water or the supplied Clay Lube)

3- wash AGAIN after claying but NOT with Dawn (dry with microfiber)

4. Polish with Poorboy's SSR #2

5. Apply Wolfgang Pre-Wax Polish Enhancer

6. apply Wolfgang Pre-Wax Cleaner

7. Apply Wolfgang Sealant. Let cure for around 8 hours between coats or before wax, then.......

8. Apply Harley Davidson S100

Wax.

Questions:

a) In step #2, can i use the supplied "Clay Lube" instead of soap and water? both work equally?

b) Is there anything I am missing or need to leave out?

Thanks a bunch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

question c)

should i wash again AFTER step 4 and before step 5 or does the Polish Enhancer take care of the dust??

Isn't Wolfgang Pre-Wax Cleaner and Pre-Wax Polish Enhancer two names for the same product?

Shouldn't a lighter polish be applied after the PB SSR2?

I think you need to wash with Dawn again instead of car shampoo and conditioner. No point in putting on a conditioner when your intentions are to strip it all off. I never have used Dawn yet, I still use Gold Class. I think if I were to use Dawn though, I would wash first with Gold Glass to clean the car, then use Dawn to strip the wax/sealant.

Isn't Wolfgang Pre-Wax Cleaner and Pre-Wax Polish Enhancer two names for the same product?

Shouldn't a lighter polish be applied after the PB SSR2?

I think you need to wash with Dawn again instead of car shampoo and conditioner. No point in putting on a conditioner when your intentions are to strip it all off. I never have used Dawn yet, I still use Gold Class. I think if I were to use Dawn though, I would wash first with Gold Glass to clean the car, then use Dawn to strip the wax/sealant.

well the 2 must be different? it would be kinda of pointless to have 2 products that do the same but different names

also, from what i understand, Dawn is ONLY used at the beginning to strip the wax, not again in the detailing process. i think ill use the Wolfgang soap after Claying

:eek:

Dawn is for washing dishes. :lol:

Well duh! You think I don't know that?:rolleyes:

But it can also be used to strip the wax of the car before you start a major detail. Personally I don't use it, I prefer to let the claying and polishing to do the old wax removal.

Well duh! You think I don't know that?:rolleyes:

But it can also be used to strip the wax of the car before you start a major detail. Personally I don't use it, I prefer to let the claying and polishing to do the old wax removal.

:p

I know, it is definitely a good wax removal. When I see people using it EVERY TIME they wash their car, I am like....

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n243/garethpostans/not_this_shit_again.jpg

Haha. Yeah. I was doing the full deal on my wifes car (wash, clay, clean, cut, polish, seal). I was working in the cool shade, but there was a guy washing this ladies car a few spots over in direct sunlight (90+ outside) and using dawn. Now I know this isn't a unusal process for people not in the know how, but the good part is, he was giving his girlfriend, wife, sister or whatever detailing tips as he was doing it. I had just finished applying my wax and went to go take pics in the sun and he was out there scrubbing her wheels while the sun had completely dried the water and soap on the car and the wash mitt was laying on the ground. Later the same day the old lady across the street was using a really dirty dish sponge to spot clean her car.

I've never used car soap to wash the car either, clay, cleaner, and polish seem to do an ok job, but then again i don't really take readings to do a paint analysis either.

Archived