LegacyGT.com

Data Logging, A Basic How To

rallispec

just bought a laptop to do some logging and possibily get the ST. was wondering if i can use the rear O2 bung (right before the cat in the midpipe) as a wideband with out throwing a cell?

i want to use the rear O2 since i went with the crucial dp so i dont have a wideband bung right after the turbo. i figure it would be ok to do but wanted to check before i lay out the cash for a wideband and ST.

Work hard. Play even harder.

My Garage

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply
just bought a laptop to do some logging and possibily get the ST. was wondering if i can use the rear O2 bung (right before the cat in the midpipe) as a wideband with out throwing a cell?

i want to use the rear O2 since i went with the crucial dp so i dont have a wideband bung right after the turbo. i figure it would be ok to do but wanted to check before i lay out the cash for a wideband and ST.

Yeah, you can use that location. But you will have a temporary CEL, until you replace your oem O2 sensor after tuning.

Just a thought, why not have a bung welded onto the DP? Probably would be under $40.

no one in the local area can do it. and dont really want someone to drill into the heat coating and mess it up.

i thought the AP got rid of the rear o2 sensor code.

It defeats certain codes that can be triggered by the rear O2. Like the 0410 cat efficiency. But also with that off, it triggers P2096 lean bank one, when it doesn't sniff enough exhaust. So I would say that the ECU will trigger a missing sensor cel.

But you shouldn't be running around with the wideband in there all the time, so it would only be a temporary CEL.

hmm..might have to throw the car on a lift and see if it does throw it. might have to get an o2 simulator, since i had wanted to put the wideband in and just leave it in. since i wanna datalog and use ST, with out having to lift the car up and down everytime i wanna do it.

Work hard. Play even harder.

My Garage

The stock map is saved to the AP when you marry it up, so when you un-marry it, it goes back on.

Not TRUE! The AP comes with A factory map, but it is not guruanteed to be the exact revision you car came with.

The next generation AP will have this ability, but the current release does not.

I don't believe there is support yet for DBW ECU's? Try the Tari boards, and Calvin will tell you definitively.

Not TRUE! The AP comes with A factory map, but it is not guruanteed to be the exact revision you car came with.

The next generation AP will have this ability, but the current release does not.

I don't believe there is support yet for DBW ECU's? Try the Tari boards, and Calvin will tell you definitively.

Oh, my mistake, I thought that's why it took so long to marry it up first time as it had to download a map, and then upload one.

Colby on the openecu.org boards has been able to download the firmware from an AJ17A LGT ECU. Cleaned up software should be available in the near future to back up your firmware with the Tactrix cable.

• 2 weeks later...

^Open up windows explorer (folder browsing) then click on c:\ and browse.....

Or even better read the tari help, and set the path for your logs to be saved on your desktop that way you won't have to go look'n for them.....(id tell you but I forget where off the top of my head)

How do I aquire the logs that I compiled? I recorded with the program, but now I'm not sure where or how to get the log that I just recorded...

When logging, the ecuExplorer puts the files on C: by default so each log should be there as a CSV file with a name that looks something like [AJ18A-6824] 25-02-2006 16h23m21s.

You can just click on the file to see it in its raw comma delineated form (use Start, click My Computer, then Local Disk (C:) any you will see the file names. To view the data in a nice column and row format start ecuExplorer, click File then Open Log File, and then click on the desired ecuExplorer file. This file name should now be seen in the menu in the upper left side of ecuExplorer under Saved Log Files. Click on that file name and your logged data will be displayed in tabular format

You can view your logged data in graph form by using Delta Dash Demo available at http://www.ecutek.com/downloads/DDDemo.zip.

Dang, I followed ya all the way up to the local disk C, found that, and now there's no ecuExplorer folder or program under the local disk C to go to...

Thanks for the help, maybe I downloaded it wrong, I don't know...

Try this:

Click start, then click Search. Select All files and folders and where it says "all or part of the file name:" type in ecuexplorer and hit enter. If any logging files were created they should show up and have CSV File listed under the Type column.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I 'think' the idea of a 3rd pull being better is that things happen slower, so you can log them more accurately. Unfortunately, 3rd gets you over 80mph doesn't it? I can see where that could be a problem depending on where you live.

A couple of questions of my own:

Can you data log without an AP?

Is there a cheaper cable you can use than $80? I'm not worried about flashing my own ecu, just would be fun to run some logs.

I will probably get an AP one day.

My other car is a 1993 Chevy S-10 Tahoe! (Currently being driven to failure by my nephew)

I 'think' the idea of a 3rd pull being better is that things happen slower, so you can log them more accurately. Unfortunately, 3rd gets you over 80mph doesn't it? I can see where that could be a problem depending on where you live.

Long little used exit ramps on Interstates FTW. No cops hanging out there.

Long little used exit ramps on Interstates FTW. No cops hanging out there.

Aargh- meant entrance ramps of course.

Archived