LegacyGT.com

Data Logging, A Basic How To

rallispec

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I finally got around to do some datalogging. I'll say it was easier than I thought it would be. Definitely due to all the writeups on here. Only thing is I recorded the A/F readings in Ma it appears. I' guess I'll have to redo them to get those.

The logs look good to my inexperienced eye. I asked the tuner for a conservative tune that would work well on a road track and could still take into the mountains on a hot summer day with the car loaded with junk. With that background: Air flow is moving around 232 g/sec max. and boost peaking around 17. KC looks great too, nothing really lower than a 4 with lots of 8's and 9's. So unless I'm reading this wrong my car looks pretty happy. Anybody with more experience care to comment?

log1.pdf

log2.pdf

log3.pdf

Logs look great! Plenty of DA, so the ecu is happy, and has a lot of rope for if it needs to yank timing. Strong MAf (v), very typical of Stg1, in those air temps.

Logging your AFR will be meaningless, as the factory O2 is nowhere near accurate below 12:1. All you can expect to see is it bottomed out at 11.04-11.12

Logs look great! Plenty of DA, so the ecu is happy, and has a lot of rope for if it needs to yank timing. Strong MAf (v), very typical of Stg1, in those air temps.

Logging your AFR will be meaningless, as the factory O2 is nowhere near accurate below 12:1. All you can expect to see is it bottomed out at 11.04-11.12

Okay, great thanks for the feedback. I didn't know that about the factory O2. I may log the AFR again in the correct units just to make sure it's not anything crazy. I'm assuming I grabbed the correct AFR column right. There was more than one to choose from if I remember correctly.

So did anyone with the LGT ever try putting a WB AFR 0-5 output on the fuel tank sensor wire to log with ecuExplorer????

Apparently they did this but it was on a WRX I think. The fuel level sensor is like 0.3 - 4.8 volts.... so you can log that voltage. If you tap in the 0-5 V output of the WB AFR you can log it just the same.

I looked in the LGT ECU pinout and I do not see anything about this wire though.

I am looking for a cheap easy way to log WB AFR as a function of RPM.

You guys and all your tuning talk...I only wish I knew what the heck you were talking about!:icon_bigg

Sorry if this has been answered in this long thread (I read the first and last page). My question is, does the LGT (mine's an 05) limit turbo boost based on Manifold Relative Pressure or Manifold Absolute Pressure? The difference would be felt in driving at high elevations where the Atmospheric Pressure is lower than at sea level. If the limit is based on Manifold Relative Pressure, then the Manifold Absolute Pressure (and power) would decrease with altitude. If the limit is based on Manifold Absolute Pressure, then Manifold Absolute Pressure and power should stay the same (at max boost) with increasing elevation - except for hp loss from higher air temps from more air comression, and there would be more turbo lag.

So did anyone with the LGT ever try putting a WB AFR 0-5 output on the fuel tank sensor wire to log with ecuExplorer????

Apparently they did this but it was on a WRX I think. The fuel level sensor is like 0.3 - 4.8 volts.... so you can log that voltage. If you tap in the 0-5 V output of the WB AFR you can log it just the same.

I looked in the LGT ECU pinout and I do not see anything about this wire though.

I am looking for a cheap easy way to log WB AFR as a function of RPM.

• 4 weeks later...

WTF...I have been trying to use the ECU explorer software...Which is up to date and properly installed..I have all my cables plugged in..I go to my car plug in the OBD cable , turn the key 2 clicks...NOTHING!!! I see that the ECU disconnected..and I get this in the lower left..

Prolific USB-to-Serial COM Port [COM2]

Invalid Port COM0

WTF, can anyone help me???

Isn't there a window in the lower left quadrant with all the serial ports?

I'm at work right now, but if someone isn't able to help you by tonight or tomorrow, I'll try to do a screen capture. I normally use my tactrix cable, but I do have a Cobb V1.0 somewhere in my garage.

Set your save subdirectory.

Then in the main variable window, right click and then choose to make your defrost button your start and stop button. This will allow you to easily start your datalog with your defrost instead of having to click on the laptop.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a working link for the DL1 program..i cant find it on here..and the ecuexplorer isnt working for me either..im going back out to try it again

edit-- it will not connect to the ecu

Port Assigned to Port description

COM1 SSM Diagnostics Communications port

Is there a working link for the DL1 program..i cant find it on here..and the ecuexplorer isnt working for me either..im going back out to try it again

edit-- it will not connect to the ecu

Port Assigned to Port description

COM1 SSM Diagnostics Communications port

Before plugging anything into the computer, make sure you have properly installed the USB->Serial drivers that came with your USB->Serial adapter. Then plug in your adapter. After the drivers are installed, plug in your AP 1.0 cable and then fire up ecuexplorer 3.0.25.

In the lower left corner, you should see the COM port that represents your USB->Serial adapter. Right click it and then select it. Exit ecuexplorer and then restart ecuexplorer.

Here is a screen shot of my ecuexplorer, my adapter is COM11. If your computer has no serial ports, it might very well be that your adapter has chosen COM1 as your USB->serial adapter.

untitled1.jpg.ac17d849a2b67694a31f0482dd21c83a.jpg

Thanks Ill try this when i get outta school today.

Update..tried it still isnt connecting to the ecu.. ive uninstalled/deleted the program well over 7 times now. tried another program called enginuity that didnt work for me either...i dont really know what else to try at this point..

• 3 weeks later...
Why mess with tip-in?

Just cut and paste the STI throttle duty cycle maps into your existing map, reflash and be done... ;)

He's not looking for throttle pedal adjustment. But rather actual fuel tip in, for when larger or non stock injectors are being used....

Archived