LegacyGT.com

Data Logging, A Basic How To

rallispec

There are some alpha stage programs available for the Tactrix cable that support flashing of the older '02-'05 2.0L WRX ecus. Check out openecu.org for more info. The 2.5L STI/FXT/LGT ecus are planned for future development.

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

All set up with new ecuExploer, hooked up the laptop......seems like not all the logging options are in there like the old ones....maybe i'm missing something, still gotta play....Wheres the dynamic advance stuff, ect...am I blind

http://www.pimpmyauto.com/Data/ecuExplorer_params.gif

Try'n to log

Engine Speed - RPM

Manifold Absolute pressure - PSI

Ignition timing

dynamic advance

fuel learing

fuel trims

TPS

I dont know all the short hand yet :D

EDIT: With a lil help Got all my answers, I'll post them here incase anyone else ever wonders

Engine Speed - RPM

Ignition timing - umm yeah

dynamic advance - Knock correction

fuel learing - Air fuel correction #1

fuel trims - Air Fuel learning #1

TPS - Accelerator opening angle

Dynamic advance multiplier and engine load are under the "User-Defined Data Items" section in the left pane. Once you select them, they will appear with the other items in the main pane.

BTW, you probably want to look at manifold relative pressure (ie boost), not absolute pressure (boost+atmospheric pressure).

BTW, you probably want to look at manifold relative pressure (ie boost), not absolute pressure (boost+atmospheric pressure).

awww but I like running 33.8psi......:lol: :lol: :lol: Good call, when I got home and looked at the logs I was like WTF......:icon_tong

Run 1 a flop....take 2 soon....

Dynamic advance multiplier and engine load are under the "User-Defined Data Items" section in the left pane. Once you select them, they will appear with the other items in the main pane.

What do all the various engine load #s give you when you select them? Or can anyone point me to the engine load documentation?

All set up with new ecuExploer, hooked up the laptop......seems like not all the logging options are in there like the old ones....maybe i'm missing something, still gotta play....Wheres the dynamic advance stuff, ect...am I blind

Try'n to log

Engine Speed - RPM

Ignition timing

dynamic advance

fuel learing

fuel trims

TPS

I dont know all the short hand yet :D

EDIT: With a lil help Got all my answers, I'll post them here incase anyone else ever wonders

Engine Speed - RPM

Ignition timing - DBTDC

dynamic advance - Knock correction

fuel learing - Air fuel correction #1

fuel trims - Air Fuel learning #1

TPS - Accelerator opening angle

:)

What do all the various engine load #s give you when you select them? Or can anyone point me to the engine load documentation?

Load is apparently calculated in grams of air per cylinder. It is used as one of the axis in many tuning/remapping programs. Load can also be used to estimate torque, just as MAF can be used to estimate horsepower. PDX posted a good example with charts and logs when they tried an 18G turbo on the LGT.

I do, I have cobb's WRX one with a perrin sleeve (Closest to stock air flow you can get). But it was tuned for it....so the neg knock that hight shouldn't be there...... correct?

Pic: http://www.pimpmyauto.com/Pictures/Cobb_CAI/Large/DSC02925.JPG (didn't post pic cuz didn't want clutter ;))

It shouldn't be there agreed, but I had a the same results although mine wasn't tuned.

Try putting the stock intake back on and taking a log, that will tell you if that's the cause.

Whoops, I should have noticed that, looks nice. How bad is the Neg KC ?

Would you be able to take logs using the Tari logger while you are on the dyno ?

I just set up tari's ecuExplorer the other day, so no I couldn't. Just the tuners loggings and stuff, you'd think that they would've been seen this.....Neg KC runs in blocks of -4's -5's, -7's

http://www.pimpmyauto.com/Data/Clip1.gif

I just set up tari's ecuExplorer the other day, so no I couldn't. Just the tuners loggings and stuff, you'd think that they would've been seen this.....Neg KC runs in blocks of -4's -5's, -7's

http://www.pimpmyauto.com/Data/Clip1.gif

Scans,

The glimpse of the log you showed, also explains WHY you had -KC values! You were not at WOT, as shown by the throttle opening values of 21%-12%. In fact you were letting off the throttle, so under light throttle and certainly when you let off, you should expect to see major advanced timing in the 30's-40's, along with negative KC values!

Without showing us some WOT pulls, you honestly cannot accurately ascertain the current state of your tune. So show us some more logs! Or if you don't want to post them, you can pm me.

Yeah I know, but still -7 is nothing to be happy about....even if I was off the acc. :D

I know it's way less dangerous by talk'n to the tuner........I didn't wanna post the whole log due to the fact that it's really giving away his trade secrets and stuff, just be'n respectful to his wishes...if he allows me to post them at somepoint I will.....

For ECU Explorer do you configuer the Comm settings once you connect it to the car? I just download it last night and it doesn't seem that you can change the Comm settings. So I'm assuming once I connect it to the car it will either simply establish the connection or I will then be able to change the settings. I'll be using a USB to Serial cable if that matters.
Megan header,Perrin TMIC, TD06-20G,AEM CAI, Lachute DP, Avo BOV, BC Coilovers, Magnaflow catback, Hawk HPS pads, Stoptech lines, Snow WI

LEGGTLTD, with the current version I can change the comm settings (timings) while disconnected from a vehicle. It's under Options->Configure Comm Settings. If you are referrring to changing a specific COM port to be used, that is autodetected on startup. Just select the correct COM port listed in the bottom left hand pane.

LEGGTLTD, with the current version I can change the comm settings (timings) while disconnected from a vehicle. It's under Options->Configure Comm Settings. If you are referrring to changing a specific COM port to be used, that is autodetected on startup. Just select the correct COM port listed in the bottom left hand pane.

Yeah I'm actually talking about setting the Comm port.

In the lower left hand pane it only listed one and it displayed nto available or some similar message. Hopefully it will allow me to change it once I actually connect it to the car

Megan header,Perrin TMIC, TD06-20G,AEM CAI, Lachute DP, Avo BOV, BC Coilovers, Magnaflow catback, Hawk HPS pads, Stoptech lines, Snow WI

Yeah I'm actually talking about setting the Comm port.

In the lower left hand pane it only listed one and it displayed nto available or some similar message. Hopefully it will allow me to change it once I actually connect it to the car

Some USB->serial adapters don't actually show up as a COM port to Windows until a USB device is plugged in. Try doing this before starting the program so that it can autodetect COMs properly on startup.

Archived