LegacyGT.com

2016/17 NFL thread

BDII

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Since when was throwing for 180 1td 2int considered "playing well"?

BD: I clearly stated the REFS not the NFL. I can't talk football with people like you. All of your shit talking is worthless drivel.

Oh please :lol:

You're the one spouting off at the mouth about cheating and it's the only way the pats can win. I guess they cheated in the superbowl too, right?

Lemme guess, you're a ravens fan? I'd be bitter too.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Oh please :lol:

You're the one spouting off at the mouth about cheating and it's the only way the pats can win. I guess they cheated in the superbowl too, right?

Lemme guess, you're a ravens fan? I'd be bitter too.

If you have been paying attention you would know I'm a Raiders fan ;)

And no, I do not give 2 fucks about the fumble in the AFC championship game....only bringing it up because I know that's the next thing you will say, if you were even a fan back then.

I'm spouting off about FACTS. The Pats have been found guilty multiple times and have surrendered draft picks, player suspensions and I think money as well. You stated Giants fans booed Coughlin out of town....last I checked he won them 2 SuperBowls, why the hell would they boo him out of town? That's the difference, you spout bullshit, I spout facts.

One more fact for you just in case you want to argue that the fumble was an incomplete pass... the "rule" has been gone for a few years now. Nobody is bitter, I'm tired of fake ass fans like you who are watering down a great sport. Now please, go on about how many rings the Pats have in x amount of years because that's all you have. You can also say how you have been a Pats fan for 30 years but you never once spoke a lick of smack talk until 15 years ago.

Smells like rustled jimmies in here.

Idc what smack talk BD has to say, because my Giants ruined the Patriots perfect season as a 6 seed :lol: and then beat them again with 9-7 team and an offense that couldn't run the ball all season, a Runningback who netted 650 yards rushing in 2011 that scored the winning TD. Like i said above, Coughlin was passive aggressively forced out the last 3 years when management refused to build a team around him, then magically go on a shopping spree this off season and spent $200M on a defense, it was messed up because after the 2012 season they lost a lot of their talent on defense because they refused to negotiate deals with their talent. After the atrocious 2013 season that organization knew what they had to do to rebuild the team, and that was sign a ******* defense.

But 2014 and 2015 were just as awful as 2013. However what didn't help Coughlin was that between the 2007 and 2011 Superbowl, they only made one other playoff appearance which they choked in their first game to a team they beat up left and right in the regular season. 2009 and 2010 the team collapsed after strong starts and then 2012 they under performed. I have a feeling that after 2012 they wanted him gone so they started the demise, which is unfair to us fans who paid lots of money the past 3 years to a dismal team so they could politically force a man out that changed the image of the Giants to being a winning organization again. Most of us fans were unhappy with the dismissal of Coughlin, took over a team that had a major image issue under Dan Reeves then Jim Fassel who only had 3 disappointing playoff appearances in 7 years. In Coughlin's first 9 seasons the team had only 1 sub .500 season, 5 playoff appearances, 3 NFC East championships, and 2 super bowl championships. That's not a man that was booed out of town.

Besides, football fans are supposed to talk shit to each other, don't get your feels hurt 08Spec.

I'm spouting off about FACTS. The Pats have been found guilty multiple times and have surrendered draft picks, player suspensions and I think money as well.

This is high comedy to anyone how has actually paid attention to the details of of the cheating the Patriots have been accused of. Spygate had only a minor effect, was pretty much based on a technicality more than anything. Belicheck admitted to it almost immediately. Deflategate is definitely something else. On one side, you have the NFL writing a former attorney a 3 million dollar check in order to draft a report that makes plenty of logical leaps and tries to manipulate the scientific aspect in order to paint a story. And then on the other side, you have dozens of scientists/professors stating that the air pressure is as expected given the conditions without any tampering. Deflategate, without question, is the most asinine cheating "scandal" ever.

I'm just spouting off facts.

Deflategate really is stupid and the fact that Goodell took 2 years to continue his witch hunt on Brady about it made it more absurd. Just use some common sense, the Patriots kicked the shit out of the colts in that AFC championship game, it didn't make a huge difference. Putting the Colts with Andrew Luck against the Patriots in the AFC championship was like bringing a knife to a gunfight.

Facts? 6th time? What non-sense are you spouting. First off, you are in a car forum and are from the northern east coast, you should know what Cold temps vs warm temps do to air pressure inside a rubber containment.

Brady/BB do amazing work together but I think one thing people forget is that they have a rocket scientist working with Bill designing defense strategy on the field, and Josh McDaniels is a very good offensive coach. Bill even lead the Browns to an 11-5 record the year prior to them being announced they will be moving to Baltimore and the team pretty much giving up.

Giants dont have Coughlin anymore and I dont think Ben McAdoo is on their level of coaching so Giants might get whooped.

Sorry you feel like people are riding dicks, I'm just going show support for my home team. Its crazy when a fan says the same thing players say about BB/Brady and they become dick riders. We all know who the teams to beat in this league is: Panthers, Broncos, Pats, Green Bay, Arizona, Steelers, Seahawks and ATL. There are other teams to watch out for like the Jags, Oak, SD, Ten, Texans, Saints and Chiefs. I will not say the other teams are garbage but they sometimes feel like their are not on the same level.

I watch at least 7 games a week, usually have 2 TVs up showing different games on Sunday, If we was talking about Bountygate I would have said Peyton shouldnt have gotten suspended, maybe we should talk about how Cam gets man-handled more than other QBs but the amount of penalties for roughing the passer is low, or maybe how quickly the media turns its attention to Kaep sitting down or LB Brandon Marshall losing sponsors for taking a knee during the national anthem. Its only week 2 and we have so much happening already. This is going to be a really interesting year.

What makes you think they're going to get whooped with McAdoo? The last 3 years the Giants organization left Coughlin out to dry by having 0 talent on both sides of the ball. Now Mcadoo has the same exact coaching staff Coughlin had the last 3 years sans Coughlin and a lot more talent on both sides of the ball. That receiver corps of Odell Beckham Jr., Sterling Shepherd and Victor Cruz is probably the best 3 receiver line up in the league right now. Eli Manning may get a lot of flack but I'll tell you this, if Eli wasn't playing the giants would be getting their asses kicked every game instead of losing by 7 points or less. He's one hell of a competitor.

Sans Coughlin is the key there. Coughlin, Belichick, Sean Payton, Mike Zimmer, Todd Bowles are all former Parcells understudies and I feel they are very defense minded individuals. Coughlin was a great counter point to Bill since they were familiar with each others way of thinking of defence vs offence. McAdoo seems more offense minded and if BB Def overcomes McAdoo Off then the game will tilt towards Pats favor. I could be totally wrong here but that is my opinion on this, lets see what McAdoo's first year at HC happens.

Yeah, I know about air pressures but why were only the Pats balls underinflated? Much like LT once said when referring to the Pats "I guess if you aren't cheating, you aren't trying".

The Colts footballs were tested at the very end of halftime. They had a significant amount of time to warm up in the locker room, which would have increased their air pressure. In addition, Luck's preference was right at 13 PSI if I recall, which means they would have started at 0.5 PSI higher than the Patriots balls to begin with.

Wikipedia has a lot of references to the reactions of the Wells Report. Most of them focus specifically on the disagreements with the scientific "evidence" that the NFL provided through Exponent.

If you have been paying attention you would know I'm a Raiders fan ;)

And no, I do not give 2 fucks about the fumble in the AFC championship game....only bringing it up because I know that's the next thing you will say, if you were even a fan back then.

I'm spouting off about FACTS. The Pats have been found guilty multiple times and have surrendered draft picks, player suspensions and I think money as well. You stated Giants fans booed Coughlin out of town....last I checked he won them 2 SuperBowls, why the hell would they boo him out of town? That's the difference, you spout bullshit, I spout facts.

One more fact for you just in case you want to argue that the fumble was an incomplete pass... the "rule" has been gone for a few years now. Nobody is bitter, I'm tired of fake ass fans like you who are watering down a great sport. Now please, go on about how many rings the Pats have in x amount of years because that's all you have. You can also say how you have been a Pats fan for 30 years but you never once spoke a lick of smack talk until 15 years ago.

Unlike you youngins, I was a fan of my team when they sucked. I went to the 86 AFC championship game.

I could give two fucks about the tuck rule. Obviously your jimmies are in a bunch over it. Then again, I'd be bitter to if my team hasn't made the playoffs in a decade. Oh, wait, they didn't. For a long time.

As far as cheating goes this has been discussed and thoroughly vetted.

Looks the patriots come in 23rd.

http://yourteamcheats.com/cheaters/

Lets talk about your raiders :)

They suck so bad PED's can't even help them.

#7 on the list

Did you know that in the 70's the Raiders had rules posted in the lockeroom?

Do you know what those rules were?

THE RAIDER RULES

1. Cheating is encouraged

2. See rule #1

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Revis knew he was quick but didnt give enough buffer on that play. Like Kevin Hart says "He gonna learn today". But it looks like Goodwin got hurt on the last play of the game, he was down and in pain but since the game was over people just walked onto the field and the tv broadcasters kinda shrugged it off and continued to talk about something else

Good game last night, sucks about Carpenter and Marshall getting injured but at least Marshall made it back out onto the field. Hopefully James Carpenter's injuries aren't too serious, he's a helluva player.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

Archived