LegacyGT.com

2016/17 NFL thread

BDII

And yet, every team except one would have preferred having a season like that than the one they ended up having. It's interesting seeing non-Patriots fans still getting so worked up over that Superbowl while just about every Patriots fan simply shrugs their shoulders now.

Pretty much this :lol:

What other team has 4 rings in 15 years? What other team has a better win record?

No one is getting worked up about it. Pat's are nothing but cheaters with Goodell in their back pocket. That team was completely irrelevant before the AFC championship game against the Raiders.

So, they didn't go to two superbowls before 2001? :lol:

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People get mad when they see a team win year after year while they're team has ups and downs.

I'm a lifetime Pats fan. I remember the losing seasons. The beating they took from the bears in the Superbowl. I'd still rather go 18-1 than have my team not make the playoffs. Anyone who says otherwise is a liar.

People forget how good the AFC east is. Teams in other divisions make the playoffs under .500

In 2008 the pats went 11-5 and didn't make the playoffs.

I disagree.

He's a great QB that needs better talent around him.

Andrew Luck is not a great Quarterback, he is not consistent enough to be called great. It's not a matter of the talent around him, a great QB will put the team on their shoulders and win games. He has not demonstrated that he can do that consistently. He is not worth what they just paid him.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

Pretty much this :lol:

What other team has 4 rings in 15 years? What other team has a better win record?

So, they didn't go to two superbowls before 2001? :lol:

That would be the Steelers, and they won 4 rings in 5 years, not 15, from 1975-1980

I meant to say "last 15 years"

In the last 21 seasons no team has been able to achieve what the Patriots have, basically the post Salary Cap era, 1994 onward. I'm not sure that success will ever be replicated or even surpassed either. I guess one could say 'never say never' but that's a tall order.

The Pats had no fan base before 2000 but now they are everywhere. They have been a hell of a team but all the scandals and TB crying any time a player gets close to him really pisses me off. Dude motions throwing a flag, one gets thrown, then he tells the ref what he "missed".

Luck is very smart and has the ability to be a great QB but they should have spent that money on beefing up the oline. No QB can survive when they are running for their lives every down.

While flipping through the channels the other night, I stumbled upon Rob Gronkowski hosting a TV show on MTV... it was pretty awful haha.

Has anyone else seen this atrocity? I think it was some sort of sports blooper video show...

The Pats had no fan base before 2000 but now they are everywhere. They have been a hell of a team but all the scandals and TB crying any time a player gets close to him really pisses me off. Dude motions throwing a flag, one gets thrown, then he tells the ref what he "missed".

Luck is very smart and has the ability to be a great QB but they should have spent that money on beefing up the oline. No QB can survive when they are running for their lives every down.

Wut?!?!?

Where are you from? Did you grow up in New England?

Wut?!?!?

Where are you from? Did you grow up in New England?

Delaware. Of course there will be fans where the team is located. I'm speaking in terms of around the country. I see so many Pats shirts, bumper stickers, decals etc. None of which were present prior to 2001.

While flipping through the channels the other night, I stumbled upon Rob Gronkowski hosting a TV show on MTV... it was pretty awful haha.

Has anyone else seen this atrocity? I think it was some sort of sports blooper video show...

Have you seen the Ask Gronk and Sherman episodes? Those are actually pretty funny.

Delaware. Of course there will be fans where the team is located. I'm speaking in terms of around the country. I see so many Pats shirts, bumper stickers, decals etc. None of which were present prior to 2001.

Ok :lol:

FYI, my family owns property in Bethany beach. We're all Pats fans.

Ok :lol:

FYI, my family owns property in Bethany beach. We're all Pats fans.

Nice! Do you go down often? I'll be at Sea Colony the week of Sept 11th. We typically take my girlfriends car because it gets better gas mileage but I plan on driving this year. We could hit up a bar and grab a few drinks if you're around.

Back on topic.... The Raiders are making a push and should make the playoffs barring multiple major injuries. Anything less would be a failure imo. It's been a long time coming but they have finally assembled a good squad.

Nice! Do you go down often? I'll be at Sea Colony the week of Sept 11th. We typically take my girlfriends car because it gets better gas mileage but I plan on driving this year. We could hit up a bar and grab a few drinks if you're around.

Back on topic.... The Raiders are making a push and should make the playoffs barring multiple major injuries. Anything less would be a failure imo. It's been a long time coming but they have finally assembled a good squad.

Oh man I would love to see the Raiders go all the way!

Oh man I would love to see the Raiders go all the way!

Think we could see the Raiders make a playoff run this year, the offense still needs to come around but I expect that defense to be even better this year, and now Ken Norton Jr (Super Bowl winning Defensive Coordinator- Seahawks 2014) has Bruce Irvin to add to that Defense, Irvin is a helluva player, look for a breakout season/pass-rush will be insane. Wish we could've kept him.

Irvin opposite of Mack can become very dangerous for o lines. My thoughts on Musgrave are still in the air as his play calling was horrible and predictable. Pass plays on 3rd and 2 or run plays on 3rd and 8 really made me wonder if he is that silly or didn't trust his players. IIRC, they were in every game last year except week 1 against the Bengals. That "quit" never showed it's ugly face.

Pats gear to a wedding? How classy :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
Preseason just about to kick off, this is going to be awesome! Can't wait to see all of the new players from the draft on the field for the first time.

Archived